ForumsForum GamesHeroes vs. Villains {RPG}

224 37200
Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

SO

This is an RPG that was once somewhat popular in these parts, so I decided to start it up again. Credit for the idea goes to whoever started it (don't remember the name).

2015. In less than a decade, over 15 unique wars have already happened. The world has become more and more violent, and the need for new weapons has become necessary. And so, the top scientists from a few of the world's major countries got together and created an antibody, to be used as a biological. However, the antibody had a variety of different effects on humans, and now these "infected" people have become known as superhumans. One of the most important facts though, is that you are one of them.

Will you use your powers for good, or evil? Using your powers, you can do anything you want. Make a name for yourself as a superhero, become the newest on the world government's wanted list, or simply keep them a secret and go about your life? You decide. However, a word of advice: beware the W.S.E.T.

Name: (Anything you want, 2 to 3 words, try not to make it over 2 characters in all)
Nickname: (What most people call you, can be your own hero/villain stage name, or just a casual, friendly nickname you have)
Age: (17 to 70 years old, please don't have any "immortal" powers)
Affiliation: (Hero or villian; you can even be neither if you want: mercenary, neutral person, etc.)
Power: (Can be anything really, but don't make it too overpowered: it must have a weakness, and it must not be able to destroy a town or wipe out the military)
Health: 100/100
Stamina: 100/100
Hunger: 100/100
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: (Height, body build, weight, hair, eyes, etc., doesn't have to be that specific, just describe your character however you want)
Bio: (A short description of how the player got their powers (Unless they don't have them yet), where they're from, etc.)
Personality: (Basically how the hero/villain reacts to most things, likes/dislikes, etc.)
Honor: (basically how honorable people think you are: if you're a backstabbing traitor, then enemies will go at you full force, while if you give people last requests, admit defeat, etc., then people won't be as fearful of you, and enemies might be more lenient about taking you down.
Reputation: (How well you are known: the higher your reputation, the better gifts you'll receive, but you'll also draw more attention from the enemy)
Fame: (How you are known, basically how good or bad people think you are)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Money: $500 (What do you think it's used for? XP)
Clothing: (Anything you want, as long as it doesn't increase your physical or mental state)
Weapons: None (Anything that you can use for fighting, besides your powers; you can give yourself one signature or weak weapon, but don't make it too powerful)
Equipment: None (Items that can help you in different ways, such as flashlights, bullet-proof vests, rope, etc.)
Aid: None (Any food, drink or drug that can help you)
Other: None (Just, well, random stuff...)

You can pick on of these storylines to start off with:
A) You wake up in a dark alley at about noon, can't remember anything from last night.
B) You wake up in the small, one story apartment in which you live in, to the sounds of knocking on the door, and people yelling outside.
C) You wake up in a small concrete room, tied to a chair with nothing else but a table in front of you with a chair and door on the other side.
D) You wake up at a campsite in a forest in the middle of the night, with nothing but trees around you.
E) Make up your own intro (Can be anything you want, as long as it's something that's either normal or expected from a superhuman).

I shall respond to the first players tomorrow.

• 224 Replies
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Name: Charlie Hewitt
Nickname: None
Affiliation: Hero
Power: Structural manipulation
Description: 6'1, scrawny, black hair, blue eyes, pale skin
Bio: Charlie was originally a US Marine, straight out of Germantown, Pennsylvania. However, half of his unit was killed during a surprise attack. A suicide bomber had exploded on the gate killing four men. A large group of hostiles had entered through the gate, causing a large fire-fight. Afterwards, Charlie was nearly killed, and injected with the antibody to save his life.
Personality: Good-natured, talkative, easily-angered, (gotta love those Germans) and he doesn't like snobs or brats.
Honor: 0
Fame: 0
Money: $500
Clothing: Black hoodie, black jeans, black shoes.
Weapons: None
Equipment: None
Aid: None
Other: None

"Well, if he wants to talk about this then I would be happy to speak with him. But for now, I need to clean up my home. Take the gun fragments with you. I think you can actually repair those, not sure. Seeing as my couch is shot to high-holy Hell, I'll be getting a new couch. Have good one guys." I wait for them to leave... You know, so they don't vandalise my home or put graffiti all over it or something. Afterwards, I'll head over to Home-depot or something for the couch.

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

Name: Jon Eclipsis Vexin
Nickname: Eclipse
Affiliation: Neutral
Power: Insect manipulation
Description: Short brown hair, Steely blue grey eyes, about 6'4" Caucasian, two horrible scars down his back most likely one by blow torches
Bio: Jon grew up a fairly normal child before being given the antibody at age 10 afterwards he started to experience strange things happening to him such as insects being attracted to him and such, one day during high school on a test he hadn't studied for a bug burrowed out of his hand painlessly, and went around looking at other peoples test when the bug came back it seemingly spoke to him, it was that day that his powers manifested.
Personality: Cold, Detached, and sometimes to people he knows very well SOMETIMES kind
Clothing: Dark green jacket, Fedora, Fishnet shirt, black cargo pants, Black Boots

I have my bugs swarm and devour them and then i look for a way to dispose of the bones

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Name: Jericho Williams
Nickname: Drago
Power: Heightened stamina, senses, strength and agility.
Description: Normal stature, muscular, black hair, shaved.
Bio: Found in the desert by an ex soldier at the age of two, Drago grew up in the Arena, a trading post and a place where most mercenaries, or men looking to flee from justice, rest and occasionally battle in brutal pit fights for money. He, thanks to the training of his adoptive father Dante, became one of the best fighters and mercenaries of the city. He got his powers after a revolution against the former governor, due to being the test subject of an experimental serum.
Personality: Always joking and taking things in a non-serious manner. He's the type of guy that would punch Death just to laugh at it's face.
Clothing: Sunglasses, black leather jacket with a blue shirt under. Jeans and boots.
Weapons: Betty [A modified revolver capable of shooting 10 .308 rounds per magazine at a quick rate](10/10)

Drago smiled. And focused.

He hoped in his reflexes.

Then he would hit the man when his gun emptied.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Zinnaora Pendragon
Nickname: Dark Lady Wolf (Heroic title) or Zin(by friends and family)
Power: Shadow/darkness manipulation
Description: She is of average height and weight for a 23 year old. She is built like a man when it comes to the muscles and shoulders. She has black hair that is wavy and kept short. Her eyes are a midnight blue and her skin has the color of someone who loves to be outdoors.
Bio: Zinnaora's mom is a human, and her dad comes from a long line of knights. Neither parent expected their daughter to be born with powers. This made growing up hard for not only was Zinnaora teased for obvious things but also for her powers. This drove her to be the hero that she is now. Zinnaora has been fighting evil for the last six years under the name of Dark Lady Wolf.
Personality: Loyal, easy to anger, playful, quiet, smart
Clothing: Tan hiking boots, camouflaged shirt and pants, a necklace that has the fang of a wolf on it and a cross

I back away and let them get lost in the dark forest that I could hide in for ages.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Description: She is of average height and weight for a 23 year old. She is built like a man when it comes to the muscles and shoulders. She has black hair that is wavy and kept short. Her eyes are a midnight blue and her skin has the color of someone who loves to be outdoors.
Bio: Zinnaora's mom is a human, and her dad comes from a long line of knights. Neither parent expected their daughter to be born with powers. This made growing up hard for not only was Zinnaora teased for obvious things but also for her powers. This drove her to be the hero that she is now. Zinnaora has been fighting evil for the last six years under the name of Dark Lady Wolf.
Clothing: Tan hiking boots, camouflaged shirt and pants, a necklace that has the fang of a wolf on it and a cross

I back away and let them get lost in the dark forest that I could hide in for ages.

ninjanick
ninjanick
180 posts
Shepherd

Name: Otto
Nickname: Gigantor
Power: Body growth manipulation
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: 6â3â, short brown hair, 210 Lb.
Bio: Fresh out of high school when the infection hit, I was completely helpless to save my mother. The infection gave my powers while it took the life of my mother. With my father dead in the war and the government rounding up âfreaks,â I had nothing left to lose. I left town to prove that I wasnât a monster.
Personality: Friendly but relentless
Rep: 0
Clothing: Blue jeans, logo t-shirt, light jacket
------------------------------------------------------------

I head to investigate the light while tring to be as stealthy as I can.

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

Bio: Charlie was originally a US Marine, straight out of Germantown, Pennsylvania. However, half of his unit was killed during a surprise attack. A suicide bomber had exploded on the gate killing four men. A large group of hostiles had entered through the gate, causing a large fire-fight. Afterwards, Charlie was nearly killed, and injected with the antibody to save his life.
Personality: Good-natured, talkative, easily-angered, (gotta love those Germans) and he doesn't like snobs or brats.

They run out the door as soon as they are able to go out, probably looking for help.

Description: Short brown hair, Steely blue grey eyes, about 6'4" Caucasian, two horrible scars down his back most likely one by blow torches
Bio: Jon grew up a fairly normal child before being given the antibody at age 10 afterwards he started to experience strange things happening to him such as insects being attracted to him and such, one day during high school on a test he hadn't studied for a bug burrowed out of his hand painlessly, and went around looking at other peoples test when the bug came back it seemingly spoke to him, it was that day that his powers manifested.
Personality: Cold, Detached, and sometimes to people he knows very well SOMETIMES kind
Fame: 2
Clothing: Dark green jacket, Fedora, Fishnet shirt, black cargo pants, Black Boots

They do so. However, the mens' screaming (from the pain) causes two police officers to come over to investigate, and after seeing the bones they pull their guns out and aim them at you, staying well away. "Hey, what the heck happened here!?"

Bio: Found in the desert by an ex soldier at the age of two, Drago grew up in the Arena, a trading post and a place where most mercenaries, or men looking to flee from justice, rest and occasionally battle in brutal pit fights for money. He, thanks to the training of his adoptive father Dante, became one of the best fighters and mercenaries of the city. He got his powers after a revolution against the former governor, due to being the test subject of an experimental serum.
Personality: Always joking and taking things in a non-serious manner. He's the type of guy that would punch Death just to laugh at it's face.
Clothing: Sunglasses, black leather jacket with a blue shirt under. Jeans and boots.
Weapons: Betty [A modified revolver capable of shooting 10 .308 rounds per magazine at a quick rate](10/10)

The man fires three bullets before pausing. You are able to dodge all of them, and then are also able to quickly get to the man and give him an uppercut to the jaw. He falls back, chuckling as he gets back up. "Good job. I had a feeling about you, I guess I was right." He puts the gun in his belt again, and starts heading for the door again, waving off the medics that came rushing in soon after you landed the punch. "Alright, now we can start your real briefing. Follow me."

You do so. None of them spot or hear you, and they move on, waving the flashlights around the forest. Now what?

Bio: Fresh out of high school when the infection hit, I was completely helpless to save my mother. The infection gave my powers while it took the life of my mother. With my father dead in the war and the government rounding up âfreaks,â I had nothing left to lose. I left town to prove that I wasnât a monster.

You do so. As you get closer, you see that there is a campfire, surrounded by tents. You hear talking and laughter emanating from it: sounds like three people. You can see two of them, while the third is blocked by a tent. The two you can see seem pretty nice and carefree, possibly drunk, and they look like their having a good time. What do you do?

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

I try to head out of the forest and then to the nearest town. Then I will look for a job and a place to stay. I will even try to bring up my rep as a hero.

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

"They broke into my house and while trying to steal stuff they knocked over a container of Scarab beetles, and well you know how they enjoy eating flesh i came downstairs and warned them to get out they threw a flashbang at me, managed to blind themselves, and got eaten."

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Name: Blue Wing
Nickname: Blue
Power: Animal communication
Description: Short, skinny, light, long black hair, Black eyes.
Bio: he was always nice and friendly but somehow also different. didnt have a good relationship with his family and was considered the black sheep. hopes to find some friends he can love and trust.
Personality: Gentle, shy, quiet, calm, likes animals and nature. Different from most people and even though he's friendly, he bonds better with animals.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: T-shirt, jeans

ill start running and keep trying to lose him

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

I follow the man.

Chess341
Chess341
960 posts
Shepherd

Name: Justin Erwin
Power: Electromagnetism
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: 6ft. 2in., Brown Hair, White Skin, Electric Blue Eyes, 220 lbs.
Bio: Justin was walking down main street with his girlfriend Sarah Curtis when an odd chain of events happened. Some Aurora Lights that were way down south from the North Pole combined with a lightning strike and hit Justin square in the chest. Sarah was unaffected but Justin was unconscious...he should have been dead.
Personality: Kind,caring,hopeful,determined.
Clothing: Mountain Dew Shirt (with sweatshirt when it's cold), Blue Jeans (cold weather) Cargo Shorts (warm weather), Hiking Boot-Tennis Shoe mix.
Aid: Pack of Five (brand) Gum

(I mentally note his frown) Yeah I can walk, but uh can I have my cloths back first?

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

I head over to the police station to report the group. Maybe they'll be able to identify them through their clothing or the nickname "boss."

ninjanick
ninjanick
180 posts
Shepherd

------------------------------------------------------------
I leave them to their fun and continue to try to find a path through the woods.

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

You do so. However, after 15 or so minutes of walking, you aren't able to find a town, only a small village, with maybe 13 or so small buildings and barely any lights on. You head into town and find that it is a small rural community: these people gain everything they need from nature, isolating themselves from the government and teaching themselves. It seems the only job you can do here is some odd jobs, but otherwise there isn't really an establishment to get a real job at. There is apparently one road out that leads to a bigger town at the outskirts of the forest. What do you do?

"Why do you have any scarab beetles anyway!? And why aren't you dead!? Where are they now!?" They seem quite frightened, and ready to arrest you in a second.

You do so. After walking a bit more, you get to a new room, where there are a few rows of seats, and a small podium, kind of like a mini-auditorium. You sit in the first row while he sits at the edge of the stage, facing you. "So. As we've been told, you already know that you have the special powers granted by the EDE antibody. Can you, by any chance, tell us WHO gave you these abilities? Because WE didn't give it to you, and so we'd like to know who else might have this technology."

Name: Blue Wing
Nickname: Blue
Power: Animal communication
Description: Short, skinny, light, long black hair, Black eyes.
Bio: he was always nice and friendly but somehow also different. didnt have a good relationship with his family and was considered the black sheep. hopes to find some friends he can love and trust.
Personality: Gentle, shy, quiet, calm, likes animals and nature. Different from most people and even though he's friendly, he bonds better with animals.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: T-shirt, jeans

He keeps following you, and you can't lose him. What do you do?

Name: Justin Erwin
Power: Electromagnetism
Description: 6ft. 2in., Brown Hair, White Skin, Electric Blue Eyes, 220 lbs.
Bio: Justin was walking down main street with his girlfriend Sarah Curtis when an odd chain of events happened. Some Aurora Lights that were way down south from the North Pole combined with a lightning strike and hit Justin square in the chest. Sarah was unaffected but Justin was unconscious...he should have been dead.
Personality: Kind,caring,hopeful,determined.
Clothing: Mountain Dew Shirt (with sweatshirt when it's cold), Blue Jeans (cold weather) Cargo Shorts (warm weather), Hiking Boot-Tennis Shoe mix.
Aid: Pack of Five (brand) Gum

He nods. "Mhm. They're downstairs. You can get changed on the way out, and then we can leave. Do you need anything else?"

The police are not able to identify the group. Nothing is known about it by them. Either it's a very small-time one, or it's very underground.

You do so, not spotted by any of the campers. You find a barely visible path through the forest, and after some walking arrive at a very small village. It's barely even a village, really. Only a few low-tech buildings are there, and it seems to be quite empty. What do you do?

Showing 91-105 of 224