ForumsPopular MediaMy Little Pony: Yay or Neigh?

87 40528
Panthera_Leo
Panthera_Leo
24 posts
Bard

I know there are many different opinions about MLP and I want to know what the registered users here at Armor Games think.
If you are against MLP please don't spam or post extremely rude remarks. Comments like "Bronies are f***ing ***s!!!" will be flagged.
I personally like MLP. Brohoof? /)

• 87 Replies
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I actually saw this show for the first time a few days ago, it isn't as bad as I thought, although I don't see myself trying to hunt it down just to watch something or anything.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

You know what I'm surprised by? That there isn't some massive hype over some other cartoon.

But, if you want to ridiculed, witch-burned, executed in a vile way, despised, and on a whole hated by the standard community, who am I to stop you? I find it amusing.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

what chillz didn't made this? =o
i would have bet all my money on it. xD

anyway on-topic, the original serie is not my thing.
girly and kiddy.. i'm neither.
but the fan made stuff is hilarious sometimes.
so have i seen a fan redub of some episodes that went completely different from what the original makers intended. gonna post a link if i'll find it.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I love Derpy! xD Yeah. That's the only reason I like it though. :P

Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

I know its already been said but: Neigh! lol...
Call me closed minded but never seen it never will... actually I heard them talking about it on the radio, and now I saw this thread, so I'm going to youtube it and If i change my vote from "Neigh" to anything else I'll report back here.

Twelvegageshoty
Twelvegageshoty
31 posts
Nomad

Nay, I don't understand the reasons a grown man would be interested in such a show, not trying to be rude or anything just my opinion, to each his own etc. but, why MLP? Why not other cartoons as well? I don't get the appeal this one specific show has to people. I like Regular Show for example, don't get me wrong I like cartoons too but, I don't know, just don't get the MLP hype. I've spoke my peice now, sorry if I offend its not my intent to.

Panthera_Leo
Panthera_Leo
24 posts
Bard

I've seen a lot of people ask this question:

Why MLP?

My response:

I have no effin' idea... XD

Maybe it just started out as a joke that caught on and people started thinking it was cool. IDK.

Let me know if anyone of you guys figure it out! XD

Panthera_Leo
Panthera_Leo
24 posts
Bard

Sorry for double posting -.-;

Just wanted to mention:

If you think the show is stupid I don't really find that offensive.

If you think people who like the show are stupid I find that offensive.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Nay, I don't understand the reasons a grown man would be interested in such a show, not trying to be rude or anything just my opinion, to each his own etc. but, why MLP? Why not other cartoons as well? I don't get the appeal this one specific show has to people. I like Regular Show for example, don't get me wrong I like cartoons too but, I don't know, just don't get the MLP hype. I've spoke my peice now, sorry if I offend its not my intent to.

Because regular show is based around immature 7th grade humor and LOLSORANDUMB while MLP actually has funny moments.

I watched it and think it's decent, but don't really love it, but I can see the reason for the hype.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

You guys don't know the story of how the bronies started? Ahem.

A long time ago, two years in the real world (but we all know that might as well be an eon in internet years), 4chan's /co/ board (centered around cartoons and comics) was graced with a thread about the new series of My Little Pony. The user posted That Pic of the Mane 6 and Celestia, but the tread failed to gain initial attention and almost died.

Almost.

The guy came back, and bumped his thread back to the front page, where it garnered a massive amount of feedback.

Think about that. Two years of content, the fastest-growing fandom in existence, all because one guy decided to bump his own thread. That little bump had a bigger impact than most of the decisions you and I have made in the last fifteen years combined.

So /co/ watched the first 'sode and thought it was pretty cool. A week of reaction images and many amused /co/horts later, the board was hooked. There was a schism in the board, of course. A good deal of /co/ loved the show, but pressure from /v/, the Video Games board, forced /co/ to expel the ponies to a massive battleground. Pardon my rule-breaking.

The bronies departed to /b/, the Random board, where a massive war raged. Pony threads, pony-gore threads, raged on. With no home in /co/, the bronies eventually found solace in sites like Equestria Daily in January of '11, and Ponychan later in the year. All throughout 2011, bronies grew en masse. 2012, the sheer size of the fandom was put to the test in the year of Conventions. Countless meetups, conventions, and merch flooded the fandom, a cascading source of new content to share with the other bronies and ponyf@gs.

In February of 2012, moot finally opened /mlp/, the pony board on 4chan. The only board, other than Pokemon, to be entirely dedicated to one specific media. Mind you, Pokemon is a 10+ year titan, while Friendship is Magic is just over two years old.

Bronies, by now, are accepted by the mainstream media, the 90% of them leading quiet fandom lives. /co/ has long-since forgiven their exiled bastion, and /v/ continues to be trolled by ponifications of Fallout, Starcraft, Mass Effect, and announcements of particular Gabens hoof-ish influence.

2. It has kindness

What's wrong with kindness? Kindness is an uplifting trait in a world that I find dominated by negative materials. While I do a deal of doling out the harshness from time to time, it is always comforting to find something pure and sweet to return to.

-Chillz
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I do know how bronies started, thank you very much. I've seen the original thread when it came out.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

I do know how bronies started, thank you very much. I've seen the original thread when it came out.

>Claims to be from the original thread
>Not calling bronies &quotonyf@gs"
>Do you even lift?

-Chillz
Dragonlizard7
Dragonlizard7
23 posts
Nomad

Not a fan, never will be.

thejax123
thejax123
45 posts
Nomad

My Little Pony is a show for little kids,that's it,from 10 years old people realize how stupid it was.

epickonersheeshawl
epickonersheeshawl
26 posts
Peasant

my little pony rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and so do bronies! BRO HOOF!

Showing 16-30 of 87