ForumsWEPRWhat is banned in Christianity?

18 10361
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I just wanted to give an example in another thread about something that is Prohibited In Christianity, and just Could not remember one.

What exactly is Prohibited in Christianity?

I know that in judaism Eating pig and some other animals who are not fit into a simple Criterion is Prohibited, in Islam drinking Alcoholic drink is Prohibited, but is there anything that the new testament say its forbidden?

As it seems to me, its look like the Christianity just took some rules from the bible, like rules against Masturbation and believe in other gods{well, these are the only one who came up in my mind}, while ignoring other unpopular rules, like the Pig subject, the Holy days and the Milk and meat Separation.

Is that true?

• 18 Replies
Christotheking
Christotheking
2 posts
Nomad

check the ten commandments,swearing,homosexuality,working on the sabbath(sunday),lying,cheating,boasting,killing,using the lords name in vain,and some other things.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

God gave us the ten commandments, Jesus gave us 2. I don't know where the rest comes into play.

Almost all of Leviticus is additional rules, such as for what to eat (or not to eat), how to make offerings and atone for sins, how to remove diseases (which was more than bathing and quarantine: at multiple points [Lev 15:14-15,29-30] it says you should have a priest sacrifice two birds), legal codes (Lev 19), and a lot more. Some denominations say that they are still in effect today, while others say that those laws were made specifically for the Jews brought out of bondage. Some of these don't make sense today ("Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" Lev 19:19, "Do not hold back the wages of a hired worker overnight" Lev 19:13, Don't eat fruit from a new tree until 3 years have passed Lev 19:23,24, "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard" Lev 19:27), but there are relevant ones (Do not lie, do not steal, do not pervert justice, do not defraud or rob your neighbor, keep your measures accurate).

[I hope all those links work...]
christopher122
christopher122
19 posts
Nomad

think of something you like and bam, it's banned.

Showing 16-18 of 18