ForumsSupport ForumProfile Glitch

51 10713
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

This has probably been brought up before, but it appears that there is a new profile glitch floating around.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/xeano321/Capture2_zps090b8585.jpg

Fantastic! I was a Gold King with only 5,700 points... Only in America!

• 51 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

While leaving a comment on MrDayCee's profile, this weird occurrence occurred:

I'm weird xeano... that's probably it! LOL =P

But it seems that the Rogue Glitch is still lurking around my profile then... guess I should prepare for it to have another round of satisfying it's appetite then? =/

I had that problem when going to the S$S forum today. It said "No threads have been made yet!" so I hard refreshed the page. After refreshing they all came up.

Somehow... the best fix for this glitch seems to be the hard refresh action! It must have a distaste for that and runs away I guess... other than performing Ctrl F5's allover, there's not much we can do. =/
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Hit me as well.

http://i.imm.io/IoMj.png

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Hit me as well.

The glitch also hit an admin.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The glitch also hit an admin

Am I really the only one who calls him Leo? Even so, am I the only one who's talked with him?

Anyway, I'll tell Leo as soon as his profile is fixed.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Ahm... not to put myself in the spotlight here, but ahm... assuming the Rogue Glitch happened to Leo and Sal just now, very recently, I'm concluding something that I would rather not...

I wrote a comment to both you, Salvidian, and Leo as well just this afternoon... and the fact that both your profiles got hit might suggest (I really hope not) that what I stated before is more probable than what I was joking about, namely that the glitch is lurking somewhere on my profile... (O.o)

*prays*

"As unlikely as it is, please... don't let me be the cause of this annoying bug crawling allover ArmorGames?!"

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I wrote a comment to both you, Salvidian, and Leo as well just this afternoon... and the fact that both your profiles got hit might suggest (I really hope not) that what I stated before is more probable than what I was joking about, namely that the glitch is lurking somewhere on my profile... (O.o)

No worries MrDayCee. I experienced the glitch before you ever commented on my profile, so I'm sure it was just a coincidence that both their profiles suffered the glitch.

Leave a comment on my profile, then if I suffer from the glitch, we know you are the carrier of the disease.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

DayCee, I checked your profile out with my dev console. No weird HTML. No weird JavaScript. No weird CSS. There was one line, however, that was a little unsettling. It's been a while since I last brushed up on HTML, so I don't know if it's a bad tag or not, but the line "My passion is music and I love Zombie Flash Games!" was off by itself and had a tag I couldn't recognize. It was a few random numbers. Later, when I looked at it again, the tags were replaced with the normal italic and paragraph tags. I might have just read it wrong, I don't know. Try removing that line for a few days and see if this doesn't go away.

Oh, and another possible cause would be those little symbols you have spread about. When the ' character is placed in the AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Xbox Live, Wii, PS3, or SteamID places, it is replaced with ' due to faulty code handlers. That might be related, but since you haven't experienced this before, I'd say not. Still, something to look into.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

it is replaced with ' due to faulty code handlers.

I forgot the forums fixed that problem while the profiles don't. >.<

(Remove the quotation marks)

it is replaced with "&"#"3"9";" due to faulty code handlers.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Ahm... I won't be changing anything to my about right now Sal... I tried to add a simple word to it and got cut off from my profile with messages that my username, password AND email weren't to be found here! (O.o)

I circumvented the whole thing (luckily) by accessing my profile again throught the open tab with the AG homepage and got in again, but it was more than weird I tell you!!

I'll surely try your suggestion, but for now... I'm staing the heck away from my control panel! (O.o)

And consider yourself served and await the verdict xeano... I'm sending you a message right now... =)

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Ernie has been hit. I haven't suffered anything yet, MrDayCee. Looks like you're clear. =D

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I wouldn't rule my part in this glitch out just yet xeano... I commented to him yesterday as well... (O.o)

And his profile looks pretty much the same as mine did a few weeks ago and I assume he can't access the forums or profile messengers either like I couldn't. That's probably why he closed his... =/

Already wrote a comment on GetSat in the thread I made there on the subject. Now we have to wait for boppins to pick up on it!

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

That's probably why he closed his... =/

I think the closure is part of the glitch, since I see nothing wrong with receiving messages even when you can't send them. If the comments were open, he could simply wait for the glitch to end, then he could reply to comments received during the glitch.
gintaras1995
gintaras1995
1 posts
Peasant

I got same problem...

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I wouldn't rule my part in this glitch out just yet xeano... I commented to him yesterday as well... (O.o)

Oops... Guess I jumped the gun.

And his profile looks pretty much the same as mine did a few weeks ago and I assume he can't access the forums or profile messengers either like I couldn't. That's probably why he closed his... =/
'

When I was hit with the glitch, my messenger closed too.

We'll see once he logs in later... The glitch ended for me when I logged in.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer
Showing 16-30 of 51