ForumsForum GamesOne Chance (Zombies)

101 12925
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Hi! As you may know, I love making zombie RPG's. I also like to add a large amount of realism into them as well. A very large amount. So, with that said, here is your character sheet.

Name:
Clothing:
Items:
Right Hand:
Left Hand:
--------

That is all you are allowed to know. More may be added to the sheet later, but this is your character sheet. Looks short, but I have a much bigger character sheet that I have to maintain throughout your gameplay that you won't be able to see, like this. These are random stats by the way:

Name: Trey
-------
Clothing: White tank top w/ loose blue jeans & sandals
Items: Tennis racket, zagnut, Cantene (Full)
Right Hand: Tennis racket
Left hand: Nothing
-------
Weather: Clear skies
Tempurature: 112°
Population Infected: 94.7%
Infection Chance By:
-Drinking Water: 98.2%
-Eating Fruits: 46.7% (Like from trees)
-Eating Canned Foods & Fruits: 0.2%
-Coming in Contact of the Undead: 64.9% (This means by making skin contact in any way)
-------
Body Tempurature: Extremely High
Hunger: Starving (Obviously you need energy to survive in a world like this)
Thirst: Parched (You MUST have access to water to survive, clean or not)
Rest: Exhausted (You can only scavenge for so long...)
Infection: 89.2% (Once this hits 100%, your doomed.)
Sanity: 2.1% - Insane

As you can see, this character is near death. With the right equipment, he could be healthy again, but he hasn't been very productive.

This is important though. You know how you read the part where I said only I have access to view the large character sheet, and you can only see the very short one? Well, in the description that I post for you, you will have a lot of hints about what your character is feeling, how he/she is feeling, and so on.

So, there are some stories for you to choose from to start your journey. There are only two players allowed in thsi RPG. If one player dies, another gets to take his spot and start a new character. If you wanted to play but someone got here first, you can ask me to let you play after someone has died by posting on my profile.

Here are the stories: (And by the way, the "zombie apocalypse" has been underway for two years now.

1) You have been living in a community full of strong willed survivors for a year and four months in a city called Merryville. There are wide varieties of age and ethnicity in Merryville, but about a month ago, people have started to turn Merryville from Democracy, into a Dictatorship. A man named Saul has decided to kick children, the elderly, and sick people out of Merryville, or use them as bait. He believes that the only way to survive is to have young or middle-aged, strong adults as the only people to inhabit Merryville to ensure its survival. This is just an idea, but you've gained information that Saul is going to begin the erradication of all of the "burdens" in Merryville in two days -- a Tuesday. This is where you come in. You can either band together with the rebels to overthrow Saul's plan to extinguish the "burdens" of Merryville, or you can join Saul in his campaign against a supposedly weak future for the society. Tread lightly though. This is REALISM. Too many ignorant moves you make will result in your swift death.

2) (Only choose this one if you are good at playing RPG's)You have been surviving with a small group of friends for four months now, and things have been going good. You have all gained enough expirience in scavanging and scouting that none of you are a weak link. The four of you have been through thick and thin, and have survived without trying to cut eachothers throats in the process. In other words, your group is very tight, and almost nothing will separate the bonds that you all have created throughout the apocalypse. However, there are problems now. The shack you have all been living in is now running extremely low on supplies. Also, the city you have been returning to from time to time to scavenge food and other needed supplies is nearly dry of recources for you to live off of. Its time to relocate, and find a new city to search and collect. How will you go about surviving?

3) You have been surviving alone for three and a half months now, and you've been doing fine. You have enough recources to last two days, and enough ammunition in your Glock 17 to kill maybe 17 zombies, if your lucky. Nothing is going wrong right now, expect the fact that you have been alone for far too long. No human contact in three months can be devastating on someone in the middle of an apocalypse. Is anyone even alive anymore? Your sanity will be hard to maintain in this specific story line. Your characters thoughts will run rampid if this continues for much longer. Find something to ease the lonliness, and you'll do just fine.

• 101 Replies
The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Sorry guys, not in the mood to update today. Maybe tomorrow I'll get better and I'll have some fresh new ideas then as well.

Okay. I can wait.
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Sorry for the wait. I haven't been feeling inspired to update for a while, so that's what the inactivity was about. I came up with some surprises, however. >

Name: John Hampton
-------
Clothing: Black hoodie, black jeans, black Nike shoes
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"Wish me luck!" I call back into the house. I follow the scrawny guard to the armory. "Man, what did Saul make you do to not get any sleep last night?"

He turns his head slightly to answer.
"I had to guard the armory the whole night instead of half, because of Operation Recovery. The other guards were resting up and preparing for today. I probably won't get any sleep tonight, either."
After his short reply, you find yourselves at the armory. He opens the "door" for you, and you enter. Inside, there is a table directly in front of you, to the left, and to the right. Above the tables are walls with guns hanging on them, and no the tables are different sorts of ammo and equipment. "Take whatever you need." he says, trusting you to treat everything with care.
There are various Assault Rifles, Sub Machine guns, and other types. You also see that make-shift Light Machine Gun that the giant guard was lugging around; it is sitting in the corner, with a bunch of supplies bunched up around it. Did he already claim all of that to be his? Anyways, you can choose any one of these weapons, and a sidearm of course.
The weapons you see are:
M16's
AK47's
Stoner 63's
M4 M4A1's
XM8's
The equipment you find are:
Frag Grenades
Smoke Grenades
MOLLE (Large Backpack)
Chemlights
Flares
Landmines
===============================
Name: Jericho Williams
-------
Clothing: black leather jacket with a white shirt under, boots, jeans, sunglasses, bandana. Fingerless gloves.
Items: Swiss army knife( in a boot) , golden watch.
Small Backpack: Wrench, Screw Driver, Hammer, Flashlight,1 Canned Food, 1 Bottled Water, Sleep Roll
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

"That's a good idea, Harry."- I say.
"But this isn't the right place, nor the right time. We are there, in the open, and raiders or Zeds can easily find us. Plus, we're only four. Before starting a community, we should find more survivors. And more equipment and supplies. I'd suggest one of the villages up there at about Canada, with only 300-400 inhabitants. They should be easy to clear from zombies, easy to defend, and the climate is perfect."
"Now, my idea is to take whatever we can take from Cernello, go to another city, grab some guns and become bad*** zombie killers, try to find a vehicle and then go north."
"Anyway, guys, someone knows where we could find a fireaxe? I wanna start eating zombie brain pancakes. My knife ain't big enough."
"Heh, got it? My knife...nevermind."

Samuel chuckles, then receives a sharp glance from Liz. She then looks at you.
"North, huh? Doesn't sound that bad to me. I second that motion. Anyone disagree?" she asks.
Samuel shakes his head, and so does Henry.
"It's settled then, we will loot Cernello one last time, and then move on. I say we loot the fire station since Jericho here wants a bigger play toy. The fire station is near a hospital too, so we can try to dig up any medical supplies that we haven't so far, in case we need it." she says.
She's right -- the fire station is right beside the hospital, and the fire station is the closest building to your now abandoned shack.

How do you want to approach?
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

Can't wait to (get murdered by them) see them.

I'll take the M4A1 and the flares. And by side-arm you mean another primary weapon, right? If so, I'll take a XM8. If not, an M9 pistol.

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

-------
Clothing: black leather jacket with a white shirt under, boots, jeans, sunglasses, bandana. Fingerless gloves.
Small Backpack: Wrench, Screw Driver, Hammer, Flashlight,1 Canned Food, 1 Bottled Water, Sleep Roll
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

"Okay guys, the plan is simple. Liz goes forward, sees what's creepin' around there, comes back, and then we all charge. Good enough? Some other ideas?"

(Hey, I can use the hammer as a blunt weapon?)

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

I'm sorry that its taking me a while to update lately. But, I've got some pretty large updates. John Hampton has the largest update I have every given anyone, ever. I haven't gotten to Jericho's yet. Time to watch some Walking Dead though!

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Lol. I feel so honored.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

I REALLY hope you both like to read. Maybe the longer detailed updates will be worth more than short, crappy ones?

-------
Items: 4 Flares, M9 Pistol & Holster, 2 M9 Mags, 2 STANAG Mags
Right Hand: M1A4 w/ Shoulder Strap
Left hand: [Occupied]

I'll take the M4A1 and the flares. And by side-arm you mean another primary weapon, right? If so, I'll take a XM8. If not, an M9 pistol.

By sidearm, I meant a pistol, but I forgot to add a list of pistols to choose from. An M9 pistol works.
(With a weapon that has a loaded magazine, you won't be able to tell how many bullets you have in the magazine. But I know how many. Since this is realism, you'd have to take the magazine out of the gun and check if there are still bullets left to fire, instead of automatically knowing how many bullets are left in the magazine. Just letting you know.)
After equipping yourself, you exit the armory and wait for the rest of the men to prepare for Op. Recovery.
After a short wait, the men are ready. There are seven men, including you; more than enough to send. However, you can't tell whether you feel safe with these men or not. Are they careless? Do they have any leadership or teamwork skills whatsoever? You'll just have to find out. Then, you see Saul approaching you all.
"Alright, gentlemen." he says. "Its time to discuss Operation Recovery."
The men nod, and continue to listen.
"Everyone looks like they nabbed all the equipment they wanted. Now, follow me." he says.
You follow him, and he leads everyone to his home; the biggest building in the city. He leads you all inside, and shuts the door behind you and the men. This place looks beautiful. It looks even better than Perry's home. The walls are in perfect shape, and the 2nd floor that is connected by two staircases on both sides of the house looks gorgeous with the decorations hanging on the walls and the ceiling. Then, Saul leads you all upstairs, and into the very first room on the left side of the home. After everyone enters the spacious room, Saul closes the door. There is a desk in the middle of the room, with a map on it, and several things drawn out on that map in black sharpie. He kicks his chair out of the way, and leans forward, placing his hands on the very ends of the map. Saul motions for everyone to circle around the table, and lay their eyes on the map. You do so, along with the others.
"Alright. Listen up." He points to a specific part of the map. "This is Merryville." He then glides his finger across the map to another part. "This is the crashed plane. We need to recover any supplies that may have been on that plane. If it all remains in-tact, that is." He takes his hands off the map, and stands up tall and straight, then begins to ask the men questions. "You." he says, looking at one of them. "Have you had any training at all with firing weapons such as these?" he asks.
"No sir."
"No ones trained you?" Saul asks, astonished. "How did you get into this Operation then?" he asks, not expecting an answer. He then shifts his gaze to a man right beside you. "Have you had training?" he asks.
"No sir, I haven't."
Saul looks irritated now, then raises his voice. "Lets ask this way. Who here has ANY training AT ALL?"
Two of the men raise their hands. Of course, they're big guys. They look like they could lift trains.
"Really? That's it? What the hell kind of sorry team is this?" Saul yells.

What would you like to say/do? (Nothing is always an option)
=====================================
-------
Small Backpack: Wrench, Screw Driver, Flashlight,1 Canned Food, 1 Bottled Water, Sleep Roll
Right Hand: Hammer
Left Hand:

(Hey, I can use the hammer as a blunt weapon?)
Of course. You could do that in real life, right? *cough* realism *cough*

"Okay guys, the plan is simple. Liz goes forward, sees what's creepin' around there, comes back, and then we all charge. Good enough? Some other ideas?"

"No complaints, here." says Liz. Samuel and Henry nod, agreeing to your plan.
After the moment passes, Liz proceeds to scout the area while you, Samuel, and Henry wait patiently.
After a few minutes, Liz returns with information.
"The coast is clear, we only have three zeds walking around the fire station. Henry, you know what to do when we get there. Are we ready to charge?" she says.
"I don't think charging is necessary if there are only three." Samuel inputs. "Lets just sneak, and if they spot us, then we can just knife them in the skull or something, right?"
"As long as they aren't the extremely fast type." Henry snaps. "Remember last time I had to save your *** after you thought approaching a zombie like that was safe and easy?"
Samuel give Henry a sneer, but his expression afterwards shows that he knows Henry is right.
"We charge, like J said. Ready?" he asks.
"Wait." you say. You lay your backpack on the ground, and unzip it to take your hammer out of your pack, then you zip it back up and reatatch it on your back again, then tighten it to make sure it doesn't move around to throw you off. "Ready."
Then, you all advance to the fire station. After taking cover behind a wall for a few moments, Liz analyzes the area one more time before giving the all clear.
"Okay, they are still there. I see four of them. They don't look that strong or fast. Let's go." Without hesitation, she sprints out from cover first, and bashes one of the zombie's heads in with the butt of her pistol, while Henry and Samuel take care of the three others. You charge after the last one, while the other three proceed to open the firestation's main door. You reach the last zombie, and quickly swing at the zombies head. The blunt force of the hammer knocks the zombie down. It struggles to get back on its feet. Pathetic.
Its good that it wasn't healthy. The slow ones can be picked off easily, even if it was one human versus a hundred of them. A well nourished one can be a tremendous problem though. Its strange how these things work. Look at it -- no energy left in it. The only thing fueling its movement is the desire for food.
After those thoughts, you dispatch the zombie, then join the others in the firestation.

The firestation is in tolerable condition, yet there is almost nothing inside of it. The first floor only contains trash, and a terrible odor. After a few minutes, Henry and Liz come down from the other floors of the firestation with only a few items.
"I found two broken radios." says Liz. "We could use the parts inside of it to repair ours if something happens to them. Hopefully one of us has the right know-how." she adds.
Then, Henry shares his loot. "I found a fire axe, and a spray can. The only other things I found up there were empty bottles and glasses. Hey, J. Do you want the fire axe? I've already made good friends with my machete. I might name it too, who knows."
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------

I can take it.

Just keep silent. Let the guy rant for a little bit.

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

-------
Small Backpack: Wrench, Screw Driver, Flashlight,1 Canned Food, 1 Bottled Water, Sleep Roll
Right Hand: Hammer
Left Hand:

"I'd suggest to call it Sharpy. Great name."

I put the hammer back in the backpack ( pun WHOLLY intentional) , and grab the axe.

"There's the hospital now, right? Same plan?"

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

-------

Just keep silent. Let the guy rant for a little bit.

He continues.

"Where you all just expecting to walk up to that plane an expect to come back without any problems at all?" His veins are popping out of his neck, and he stops himself from spitting and ranting for a moment as he paces back and forth behind his desk. Just by the look of everyone's expressions and body language, they all feel awkward, or maybe even frightened.

"Sir, we said that we have training. Let me and Smith handle this." he says. "We'll have the plane searched way faster with just the two of us, anyways."

Smith looks at the man who was just speaking, and nods his head in agreement. You feel as if they actually could handle it alone. They look like they can handle a million zombies actually, but you know that isn't the case. All it takes is one--

"Listen up." Saul interrupts your thoughts. He releases a long sigh, then continues. "Screw the plane. It's not worth it. We've got more important matters to tend to, and I'm about to give you all the situation." he says, walking around his desk and to the door. He locks the door, then proceeds back behind his desk. He retrieves his chair to sit down. "Okay gentlemen." he says. You can see that he's trying to hold in his anger.

The fact that not everyone has been trained properly really bugs him for some reason. Is he really that worried about their lives, or is it for the protection of Merryville?

"Listen, and listen closely. Tomorrow, we will eliminate all of the burdens. Now, I know most of you do not know what I'm talking about, so let me clarify for a quick second. The burdens are the weak, the sick, and the old. We have to get rid of them. We are running out of food, quickly, and all they are doing is leeching off of our hard labor to obtain that food while they sit in their homes, not contributing a **** thing to our society." He stands up, and kicks the chair again, causing it to collapse onto a corner. "Now, listen closer." he says, scanning the group with his devious eyes. "All of you are in this with me now. You will all help me eradicate the burdens. If you wish to defy me and my rule, you will be shot. Right here, right now." he says, pulling a pistol out of his hidden holster. "We have several more people who are in on this plan. Who here doesn't agree, hmm?" He waves his pistol in front of everyone's face, waiting for someone to disagree.
===============================================
-------
Clothing: Black Leather Jacket , White Undershirt, Boots, Jeans, Sunglasses, Bandana, Fingerless gloves.
Items: Swiss Army Knife(in a boot) , Golden Watch
Small Backpack: Wrench, Screw Driver, Flashlight,1 Canned Food, 1 Bottled Water, Sleep Roll, Hammer
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

"There's the hospital now, right? Same plan?"

"Yes." Liz replies. She places her broken radios into her backpack, and Henry places the spray can he found into his, then they prepare to move.

You all stay inside the fire station, as Liz leaves to examine the hospital.

Samuel speaks. "I don't think we have enough room to collect anything else."

"I'd be surprised if the hospital still has something left in it after all the times we've searched it before."

"There are still a few medical supplies left in it." Samuel reassures him. "I remember leaving a few bottles of painkillers and there are some blood bags, but I doubt we can fit anything else in our packs. Mine's already stuffed, I don't see how you got that spray can in yours without busting your bag open."

Liz returns. "Okay, I saw twelve of them down the street, and there are three around the back of the hospital. It looked like the backdoor was cracked just a little, so we can go in from there."

Then, Samuel interrupts her. "Do you think we have enough space in our bags to do this?"

"Uh, well, I doubt it. Those two radios I collected were the last things I could fit in mine."

"Yeah, Henry's bag is full too."

Then, Samuel speaks to you. "Got any room left in your bag, man?"

(You don't have any room left in your backpack, but you could take something out if you feel like medical supplies has more importance. After all, your companions are pretty good at handling themselves, and each other.)
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------

This is bad. But I've already got a plan on defusing the situation later on down the road. I just hope Saul makes himself visible for it.

"C- couldn't we just hunt in the nearby woods or grow our own food?"

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

What happens next in your story shouldn't be surprising. And what do you mean by Saul making himself "Visible"?

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------

Probably a nice pimp-slap to the face.

Well, I'd rather have less of a chance of being identified when he, uh, kicks the bucket... Translation: I would rather snipe the guy than slice his throat.

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

-------
Clothing: Black Leather Jacket , White Undershirt, Boots, Jeans, Sunglasses, Bandana, Fingerless gloves.
Small Backpack: Wrench, Screw Driver, Flashlight,1 Canned Food, 1 Bottled Water, Sleep Roll, Hammer
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

(Are my pockets full too? I can hold some pills in them.)

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

-------

"C- couldn't we just hunt in the nearby woods or grow our own food?"

"We don't have any hunters or farmers!" he snaps. His whole body vibrates as he spits out his angry words towards you. "All we have are scavengers, and they can't collect enough food for fifty-six survivors you moron! Do you have any idea how much food these lifeless pieces of garbage consume in a single day?" His grip tightens on his pistol as he continues to vent his rage on you. The others look at you with a little sympathy.

One of the men cut in. "Well, look... why don't we get someone to grow crops, or someone to hunt? I'm sure out of fifty-six people, someone's gotta know how to hunt or grow food properly, right?"

Swiftly, Saul raises his leg, and kicks the man in the chest with his boot. The man flies back and pelts the wall behind him, causing him to drop his gun. Saul does not hesitate. He advances towards the man, and forces him against the wall. With Saul's left hand holding the mans head, and his pistol up under the mans neck with his right hand, the situation quickly escalates. The man has fear written all over his face, as he closes his eyes and clenches his mouth shut as he prepares for the bullet to end his life. Saul stands there, holding the man against the wall for a few seconds. "Do I look like an idiot to you?" he angrily whispers into the mans ear. "Do I look like an idiot to you?!" he repeats, raising his voice immensely. The mans jaw tightens, and so does his eyes. Saul continues to yell. "Don't you think I tried that already? What do you think I'm getting rid of all these people for?" Now, his voice lowers a bit, but it still shows his anger as he holds his grip on the poor man. "Most of this population consists of people with absolutely no experience at all! Why do you think I want to get rid of all of those people?" he angrily asks, waiting for a reply. The man doesn't speak. Then, Saul answers his own question. "To have more food coming in than we are consuming. Obviously, since nobody here knows how to grow or hunt properly, including myself, then we need to start gaining more food than we are losing by cutting all of our loose ends. Starting with you."

The innevitable happens. Saul pulls the trigger.

The man's lifeless body falls to the floor. The bullet went straight through his chin, and made its way into the brain. Saul stands there, taking in what he had just done, and so does everyone else. The room is filled with silence.
================================================
-------
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

(Are my pockets full too? I can hold some pills in them.)

"My pockets are empty, I can fit some pills in them if we need them." you say.
"Are you sure you can fit them in those pockets?" Henry replies.
"Well, it'll be uncomfortable, but it'll work."
"Okay, lets get to it then."

Liz exits first, then Samuel, Henry, and yourself. You all crouch silently for a moment until Liz gives the all clear to advance. She signals for movement, and you three obey. cautiously, you approach the hospital's backside as a few zombies stumble around that area. Then, Liz signals to stop.
"Okay, there are five back here. Thing is, I think we only need to take two of them, the other three look like they probably won't detect us from that distance." she says, pointing to the zombies. "If things get hairy, run inside quickly and shut the door quietly, if you can."

Without questioning, everyone agrees. Liz has a lot of experience; she knows what she's doing.

The group continues. Henry and yourself take the lead. Henry breaks to the left to kill the zombie closest to the door, and you break right to dispatch the stumbling zombie to the right. Henry quickly decapitates his zombie. With one single swipe with your fire axe, you do the same. Both zombies collapse to the floor without a single sound. Liz and Samuel looks at you and nods, as if to say 'job well done'. Henry recieves the same appreciation. Then, you all enter the hospital successfully.

The hospital has three floors, and the staircase is just around a corner and to the right. To the left is a counter with shelves behind it, and multiple objects laying on the desk.

"Well, I can take the third floor. I think we searched that one the least." says Samuel. "If I find something that I can't fit in my pack, I'll let you guys know. I'll try to fit some pills in my pocket, like Jericho."

"I'll take the second floor." Henry says.

"I'll go with Samuel, since he doesn't have a weapon." says Liz, holding her silenced pistol up.

"You're a little too proud of that gun, Liz." Samuel cuts in.

"Okay, we ready?" Henry insists.
Showing 61-75 of 101