ForumsWEPRWorst President

36 14768
zigdawg
zigdawg
73 posts
Nomad

Though I am no Obama fan i would prefer you leave the current Commander-in-Cheif out of this. Personally I would lean toward Carter or either of the Johnsons, but thats just my opinion.

• 36 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Why is everyone picking on Bush? You can't blame him for everything, and you cannot say you would have done any better had you been in his place. Sure he made some mistakes, but he is only a man, is definitely not perfect, and cannot predict the future.

Personally I would lean toward Carter

Carter was tasked with fixing severe economic and social problems from the day he took office. While he did little to fix that, he did create peace between Israel and Egypt.

Then he lied the entire country by saying the Afghanistan and Iraq were developing WMD. They weren't and our boys were dying for nothing. Worst president ever!

The Taliban wants to take over the world. They hate Americans and anyone associated with them. Bush made a good decision IMO.

Personally, I would have to say Nixon and Clinton were the worst. They both shamed the highest office in the land with their scandals, lying, and trickery... They completely destroyed any respect and trust for the President.
StarOfPathz
StarOfPathz
14 posts
Nomad

I would say George W. Bush. He nearly made the U.S. broke.

And the Current Administration has finished the job.

I guess If I had to pick besides what we have now, I would have to say probably Carter. I mean he gave up our canal that we spent all this money on, let hostages rot for a couple of years under harsh conditions in Iran, and overall didn't do a very good job. He was always ready to compromise American values though, I'll give him that.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I'm not going to toss a coin either way. Bush was certainly worthless, but there are other presidents with an equal claim to Worst President.

SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

As a non-US citizen, I grew up during the Bush administration and genuinely feared the US. Can you imagine living in the knowledge that the most powerful country in the world is a militaristic theocracy run by a half-wit?
The whole concept of a War on Terror is self-contradictory and flawed. Firstly, tackling terror through the use of military force is like trying to fight with fire: it only compounds the problem.
Secondly, Terror is by absolutely no stretch of the imagination a single global entity, though many Americans seem to think there is some kind of world-wide Islamist plot headed by Al-Qaeda.

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

George W Bush, because of his mishandling of the situation after 9/11 and the situation after Katrina.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What a load of Democratic bull, show me one bit of evidence that Hoover deliberately crashed the economy of the world (and how would one man manage to bring down the entire world?)

O_o
Hoover single-handedly decided not to help the public during the Great Depression. He believed government intervention was bad, but at the time it was what saved our butts. Because Wikipedia is the only reliable source. FDR came in afterwards and started groups like the CCC which boosted everything.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Hoover single-handedly decided not to help the public during the Great Depression. He believed government intervention was bad, but at the time it was what saved our butts. Because Wikipedia is the only reliable source. FDR came in afterwards and started groups like the CCC which boosted everything.
So by not helping to fix a situation, you are responsible for the situation existing.

and since when did Hoover have control over the economy of the world?

And since we are trying to point out faults in other presidents, type "unconstitutional" into the find box (ctrl-f), and note that even the "great savior", had his faults.

~~~Darth Caedus
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

So by not helping to fix a situation, you are responsible for the situation existing.

The Dust Bowl was inevitable considering how dumb farmers were back then relative to today. Black Tuesday (stock market crash) was controllable, but ended up being a mess because Hoover refused to help. No one even caused Black Tuesday, all things considered. it just kinda... happened.

Hoover refused to help, and by doing so the situation was extremely exacerbated by the time FDR popped into office.

and since when did Hoover have control over the economy of the world?

And since we are trying to point out faults in other presidents, type "unconstitutional" into the find box (ctrl-f), and note that even the "great savior", had his faults.

Desperate means call for desperate measures. Sure, FDR did some things that weren't granted by the constitution, but he never did them directly. He used the power of bully pulpit (popularized by the first Roosevelt) to influence congress's decisions. Directly, he did nothing unconstitutional, but his influence caused a lot of things to happen that he couldn't do himself. It's like a loophole.
draconiacassidy
draconiacassidy
1 posts
Nomad

I think, that the worst president is our president Václav Klaus. He is internationally famous by that stolen pen, methanol cause and that january amnesty... :/

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

LBJ was the most crooked. Obama is the next.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

No mention of Franklin Pierce? The guy who got elected president because Nathaniel Hawthorne wrote a fictional story about how great he was? The guy who was so unpopular that he couldn't even snag his own party's nomination after his first term?

Talk about a useless historical figure. You can't get any worse than complete incompetence.

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

Wikipedia is a relable source?
If I want real reliablity I use Bobby Goram's most useful detective tool; a library card.

Sorry for going offtopic.
I'm now interested in Franklin Pierce.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

LBJ was the most crooked. Obama is the next.

Explain?

No mention of Franklin Pierce? The guy who got elected president because Nathaniel Hawthorne wrote a fictional story about how great he was? The guy who was so unpopular that he couldn't even snag his own party's nomination after his first term?

Talk about a useless historical figure. You can't get any worse than complete incompetence.

While I agree he was basically a blank figure, that's sort of what saved him from being hated; he was blank. He didn't do anything, positive or negative. There have been presidents (e.g. Hoover) who were looked upon as being great men until they were elected. Then all they did was screw stuff up.

If I want real reliablity I use Bobby Goram's most useful detective tool; a library card.

I was kidding. But I did skim through to make sure there wasn't anything extremely inaccurate, and it looked Ok.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

just look for the sources of the info if you do not believe it.

also is every change on wiki monitored by over 6mill people every day. if something is really wrong they get filtered out there. and then there is the company itself that checks the info on popular pages.

95% of wikipedia is reliable. the other 5% has just changed or slipped past the checks mainly because no1 is interested in the info.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Hoover single-handedly decided not to help the public during the Great Depression. He believed government intervention was bad

And it is. State control of personal affairs of the people does naught but clog the system, make things more difficult up-top. More spending needs to be dished out on management of the state, monitoring actions, funding programs, and hiring people to work in these various nonsensical programs, actions, and committees. More government spending in the most notoriously down-trodden period of the American economy dug the people into a very, very deep hole.

Sad to say, but all those empty factories got nice and warm once the Nazis decided to start eating countries for breakfast.

FDR's down there on the list, but Buchanan, the man who lost the South, is definitely the worst president we've had.

-Chillz
Showing 16-30 of 36