ForumsWEPRWorst President

36 14772
zigdawg
zigdawg
73 posts
Nomad

Though I am no Obama fan i would prefer you leave the current Commander-in-Cheif out of this. Personally I would lean toward Carter or either of the Johnsons, but thats just my opinion.

• 36 Replies
SteveeXb
SteveeXb
490 posts
Templar

Harding was by far the worst President.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

And it is. State control of personal affairs of the people does naught but clog the system, make things more difficult up-top. More spending needs to be dished out on management of the state, monitoring actions, funding programs, and hiring people to work in these various nonsensical programs, actions, and committees. More government spending in the most notoriously down-trodden period of the American economy dug the people into a very, very deep hole.

So you're for social Darwinism? The very ideal that put half the population out of work and starving? FDR's CCC got people work, and I like it that way. Honestly, I find the committees and stuff are only necessary when they're really necessary. To say that FDR was wrong honestly makes me think you're trolling. I mean, do you know how much **** we were in?

I'm not even a democrat.
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

I have more information about Franklin Pierce now from Encyclopedia Britannia and I think thet he did some good things like developing the way west to California. I think that his work on uniting North and South was weak. Could anyone have cooled the State's divisions in those difficult times? I only have a shallow understanding of President Pierce term. He was a compromise candidate and I think such are duller compared to stars like Lincoln, FDR and Washington.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Netanyaho. Definetly.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I would say George W. Bush. He nearly made the U.S. broke.

And we were not broke already? We have been in debt for like ever now.

James Buchanan sucked balls. He did nothing and let all the states leave the Union.

William Howard Taft was bad, but not really his fault. Eh, well kinda. Followed Teddy rules but didn't do it well so he pissed everyone off.

Ulysses S. Grant was corrupt as hell. I don't remember why.

Martin Van Buren was same as Taft except followed Jackson.

John Quincy Adams was ahead of his time, which was bad for his sake.

Ya, that is a pretty good list or should I say bad list.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

So you're for social Darwinism? The very ideal that put half the population out of work and starving?

Greed will power the system, as it always has. I don't think you understand Smithian economics.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/406/006/61b.jpg

Honestly, I find the committees and stuff are only necessary when they're really necessary. To say that FDR was wrong honestly makes me think you're trolling. I mean, do you know how much **** we were in?

>someone has a differing opinion than you on the internet
>assume they're trolling

Your lungs can't expand and get air if they don't have room to breathe, dear boy. The basic constructs of human liberty play in the same ballpark.

-Chillz
Showing 31-36 of 36