ForumsThe TavernMy problem

14 2213
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I have anxiety issues and it really bugs me and sometimes I feel like I'm gonna explode or something. That's not what I'm afraid of but I need to express my feelings. I was also wondering if anyone else here has problems with anxiety or stress.

• 14 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I don't think I do but sometimes I throw pillows at my friends when they aren't looking.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Haha. We all do sometimes. :P

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Anxiety attacks can be crippling. The medications they have for it have a lot of side effects that are really just 6 or one half dozen of the other. Legitimate anxiety attacks are real bad. I used to have them....your parents will know if you are having them or not.

Of course, there are many different levels...and general stress is another thing.

Its you are experiencing a lot of stress, you just need to find your "happy place". Sounds easier said than done. And it is...

Good luck to you, sir.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Anxiety is is essentially fear of something. What are you afraid of do you think?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

If it affects your daily interactions you need medication. My friend did cause he starts sweating and getting breathless when an attack comes along. He's much better after he took some pills now.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

You need a hug :3 and a really good friend

I never had Anxiety issues. Actually if i want i can have no feelings at all, but that is probably because i don't care, and understand everything to the fullest.

Anxiety sometimes lead to Suicidal behavior. So if you feel anxious use this method: Just don't be. Everything comes from the brain. Your just over thinking everything.

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

I get really nervous sometimes for no reason. Like just going to school or tennis practice on random days will make my stomach and head hurt, even though I go everyday. I'm able to distract myself most days, though. Listening to music or talking to someone usually helps, too.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Thanks for all your feedback guys. I really appreciate it.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

One thing I've noticed with anxiety that is very simplistic but helps a lot...when you start to get that feeling of anxiety...try your best not to think about it. When you think about how you are having it, it tends to make it worse. Do what you can to keep your mind off of it until it subsides

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

So if you feel anxious use this method: Just don't be.
This doesn't actually make sense. If it was possible to just stop having the negative feelings, more people would probably do so. :P

On a "yay sharing" note, I get some panicky reactions towards my phone ringing and someone knocking on my door. Full well aware it's kinda silly (since, y'know, phones are harmless and it's unlikely to be anyone but the mailman), entirely unable to prevent it from happening.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I was also wondering if anyone else here has problems with anxiety or stress.

I have stress problems. During final time I usually get really stressed out, sometimes causing myself to get sick.
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

That stinks. I really appreciate all this unexpected feedback from everyone!

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

I get super stressed over school. A.G. is my happy-place.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I get super stressed over school. A.G. is my happy-place.

Same here. I just hope I can help others because of my problem. That might make it worth it.
Showing 1-14 of 14