ForumsThe TavernBest and Worst Smells

33 7614
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

What aromas do you love? What odors can't you stand? Anything else you have to say about smells, scents and the like, here it may go.

• 33 Replies
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

the worst. smell ever. is those fake Acrylic nails oh god its BAD

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I cannot stand the sense of incense. Those of you that have been to church should know what I am talking about. It is horrible.

There are lots of smells I like. It would take too long to list them all.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

or gasoline.

What?! =O I love the smell of gasoline!

I don't know if I'm the only one but I love the smell of a dog

I love the smell of dog...and I love the smell of wet dog too. Would hug up on a wet dog because of the smell...but then I'd get wet as well -_-

The smell of a baseball diamond while your playing (or before you start) is absolutely wonderful
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

The best smell for me is either fresh baked Apple Pie or Burning Leafs. And it is the season to burn leafs and make Apple Pie. How convenient.

The worst smell would be rotting eggs, that is an awful smell. Thank goodness I am the only one in my family without a sensitive gag reflex.

or gasoline.

I don;t mind the smell of Gasoline, but then again I am an Engineer at heart, so I am a bit immune to the smell. My sister hates it to no end though..

I don't know if I'm the only one but I love the smell of a dog

I like the smell of Dog, clean Dog. Even if the Dog is moderately clean, they still smell good. Do not ask me why I smell dogs..... I was just curious as to why Dogs like to sniff stuff all the time. Plus I thought a Dog might have a funny reaction if I sniffed one. It was pretty funny.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Another smell I absolutely love is the smell of money. I can't take money out of my pocket without sniffing it first. There's something about that enticing scent that I just can't get enough of.

Another smell I cannot stand is that cheap pink soap found in public bathrooms. I can smell it from a mile away and it has the power to cause me to lose my appetite in an instant. No way will I ever touch that stuff.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Another smell that is awful is plastic epoxy. That stuff burns your nose.

Nail polish remover. That stuff stinks.

I don;t mind the smell of Gasoline, but then again I am an Engineer at heart, so I am a bit immune to the smell. My sister hates it to no end though..

I like the smell of gas. It's not my favorite, but I do like it. As for your sister, girls don't know what the truly good smells are in life.

Another smell I absolutely love is the smell of money.

That lovely smell of wealth... Ahhh....
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Nail polish remover. That stuff stinks.

Funny enough, I actually use to burn this as rocket fuel. I kinda like the smell.

I like the smell of gas. It's not my favorite, but I do like it.

Same here I guess, diesel however is a different beast that I will not touch what so ever...

As for your sister, girls don't know what the truly good smells are in life.

Ok ladies, he's all yours now.....

FYI, thats my sister you are talking about here!!!
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Funny enough, I actually use to burn this as rocket fuel. I kinda like the smell.

I guess the smell brings back pleasant memories of your good ol' rocket launching days.

Same here I guess, diesel however is a different beast that I will not touch what so ever...

Diesel is awful.

Ok ladies, he's all yours now.....

Uh-oh... 0_0

FYI, thats my sister you are talking about here!!!

I didn't hear that last comment. I already ran off to avoid getting slaughtered.
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I love the smell of dogs, my grandma's house, roast beef, and fresh-cut grass. I hate dead fish and sulfur. sulfer? sulfor? sulfa;sldkjfds;klfjas;dkfj? Nevermind.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I love the smell of coffee, though I can't stand the taste. The same goes for lobster.

As for bad smells, I remember when I was little we had this trash can that had filled up with rain water and stagnated. When I got near it the smell from it made me throw up.

landmaster2000
landmaster2000
135 posts
Shepherd

Vanilla extract smells amazing. That and gasoline. It's just so healthy and tasty smelling it's not even funny. Wellmaybenotthat"healthy&quotart
Bad smells? Don't like the smell (or taste) of canned anchovies, I guess.

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

The best smell is baking.

The worst smell is penicillin.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I guess the smell brings back pleasant memories of your good ol' rocket launching days.

Indeed they do, I love the smell of Acetone in the morning. It smells like...... ok well I can't say victory cause all my rockets blew up. I need help here! The saying is incomplete!

I didn't hear that last comment. I already ran off to avoid getting slaughtered.

Haha I see. Only advise I can give you, run fast, and run far...... *gives the ladies a motorcycle*

Vanilla extract smells amazing.

FINALLY! Someone said vanilla, I love this smell too. Its so heavenly. If only my house smell like that everyday...
Slayyerz
Slayyerz
10 posts
Nomad

I think really eggy , stinky farts smell horrible but i like the scent of vanilla and bread bakeries.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I love the smell of coffee, though I can't stand the taste.

^This.

Someone said vanilla, I love this smell too. Its so heavenly. If only my house smell like that everyday...

Vanilla extract is another example of a divine smell with a foul taste. If that stuff tasted as good as it smelled, I'd be drinking a case of it a day (but not the kind with alcohol; that part of my life is over).

What I'm not too keen about is that fake vanilla scent some females use to make themselves smell "better". I don't care how attractive you aren't, smelling like food isn't going to make me want to want you any more; it's just going to make me want some ice cream.
Showing 16-30 of 33