ForumsPopular MediaDisney Bought Star Wars

56 18480
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

So peoples, if you have been living under a rock I am here to inform you, Disney has Bought Lucas Films from George Lucas for 4.05 Billion $.

With their new purchase, Disney is hoping to start on the final three in the Star Wars series, 7,8, and 9. I have no idea of the cast at this current moment but I know that George Lucas will remain as a creative consultant.

How do you feel about this?

• 56 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

can't say they are really as bad as you want it to sound like

Seriously...go watch RedLetterMedia's reviews. Yeah he gets a bit silly at times, but he absolutely tears them a part and all he says is dead true
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

With both the emperor and the almighty Vader gone, how did they manage to squeeze out three more installments in the series without the classic villains?
actually, the emperor was cloned at some point, and the empire wasn't defeated until long after the battle of endor.

~~~Darth Caedus
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Disney Pixar created a virtually entirely new character list for Cars 2 after Cars

Yeah, but Cars is Cars. That was the one Pixar movie that didn't deserve a sequel, and millions of people still flocked to see it. The main demographic watching these films are kids--not die hard Cars fans--who probably wouldn't notice if a character's name changed halfway through the movie. Disney could throw in a talking toilet plunger as a villain and most of the viewers wouldn't see it as a disgrace to the series, if you desire to call it that.

You simply can't do that with Star Wars. The fanbase is too significant, and the last thing they'd want is some capitalist movie giant producing three more movies that won't be anything like the classic films, or even similar to the more recent installments.
lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

Didn't Disney also buy Marvel or am I wrong?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Didn't Disney also buy Marvel or am I wrong?
Yes, that is another deal they made in order to capitalize on the profits from superhero movies.

You simply can't do that with Star Wars. The fanbase is too significant, and the last thing they'd want is some capitalist movie giant producing three more movies that won't be anything like the classic films, or even similar to the more recent installments.
I might not watch these films because it is disney, and good movies from disney are as rare as diamonds in a pig trough.

~~~Darth Caedus
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

aslong george lucas is working whit them, i'm sure he will be ale to guide it in a direction that it wont damage the 1st 6 and that it wont be overly stupid.

I know this has already been touched on, but I have to comment.

Did you even watch the prequels? Ep. 1-3? There were some of the worst cinema I have ever seen in my life. He made those to milk the cash cow known as the Star Wars universe. Because, you know, he has not made enough money from the first three movies, not the countless games and novels and officially licensed toys and etc..
George Lucas has been one of the biggest sellouts in his generation. He started with a dream and story and universe he loved, then settled for making cash regardless of the quality of the rubbish being pumped out.

In short:
Three more movies from the impotent prick will make me march to his house and smother the bugger in his sleep.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

THAT IS SO BAD I WANT TO.... AHHHG THEY CAN'T

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I don't see how the first three are as terrible as everyone is making them out to be. I mean, they're not the best movies I'd ever seen, but they certainly weren't terrible.

I'm glad about this because it will mean Star Wars-themed rides at Disney now. Hell. Yes.

And I think we all know that, even though we'll all spend the next week bashing the buy up, each of us are going to go see the dang movies. So stop whining.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Did you even watch the prequels? Ep. 1-3? There were some of the worst cinema I have ever seen in my life. He made those to milk the cash cow known as the Star Wars universe. Because, you know, he has not made enough money from the first three movies, not the countless games and novels and officially licensed toys and etc..
George Lucas has been one of the biggest sellouts in his generation. He started with a dream and story and universe he loved, then settled for making cash regardless of the quality of the rubbish being pumped out.

devoidless, lets take a look at statistics here:
(unfolds a drawing board)

George Lucas is among the most prestigious movie-makers of all time. he has made probably 20 movies that have hit big time, not that i care. but, he is a MUCH more rich, and successful, then most people in this world today. i give a full round of applause to Lucas, for more reasons then i could probably give.

THAT IS SO BAD I WANT TO.... AHHHG THEY CAN'T

yes, thats a terrible thing. but, Disney is so dang rich, they could probably buy out the king of England for a year then make the money back in the next year. honestly, i dont care who owns star wars, as long as someone does
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

George Lucas is among the most prestigious movie-makers of all time. he has made probably 20 movies that have hit big time, not that i care. but, he is a MUCH more rich, and successful, then most people in this world today. i give a full round of applause to Lucas, for more reasons then i could probably give.

So are we just supposed to kowtow to him (and every like him) simply because he is rich? Really? I hope I simply misinterpreted that remark, because that is most most asinine and outrageous remark I've heard in a long while.
Him being rich and 'successful' gives him no right to produce drivel slurped up by the ignorant and brainwashed masses. If anything he should really be attempting to bring his work to a peak, reach for bigger and better things as opposed to rolling down the mountainside into a pigsty and wallowing in it.

And I think we all know that, even though we'll all spend the next week bashing the buy up, each of us are going to go see the dang movies. So stop whining.

Seeing and buying the sludge is totally different. I'll gladly watch it with a group of friends whilst drinking simply to rip it apart at every step. Yet I'm not putting my money towards such things.

'm glad about this because it will mean Star Wars-themed rides at Disney now. Hell. Yes.

I'm really hoping that one of theses days I'll be able to have some discussion about selling out without a meatpuppet brainwashed by corporations walking into it.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I don't see how the first three are as terrible as everyone is making them out to be. I mean, they're not the best movies I'd ever seen, but they certainly weren't terrible.

I'm serious when I once again say: Go watch RedLetterMedia's review of them...I'm not saying this to advertise anything...he tears them apart for the money guzzling sell-out creations they are

I'm really hoping that one of theses days I'll be able to have some discussion about selling out without a meatpuppet brainwashed by corporations walking into it.

Don't expect much of a discussion from me...I'm on your side
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT STAR WARS!!! Star wars means everything to me. *Cries and falls on the ground.*

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Did you even watch the prequels? Ep. 1-3?

ive seen the 6 movies. and as i said befor i enjoyed watching them

if these prequels are something outside the 6 main movies. then no i didn't see it. probably because i am not a big fan and never felt to search for more starwars then just the 6 movies.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

In short:
Three more movies from the impotent prick will make me march to his house and smother the bugger in his sleep.

no one is forcing you to watch it.
if you are never going to watch it then your memory of starwars will remain as it is. (but i guess it wont change much tho. you seem to hate it already)

btw ep. 1-3 were made after ep 4-6 because he thought the technology back then wasn't good enough for the space battles. and therefor started whit ep-4.
so, he didnt made ep1-3 to milk the money machine. but because it was planned this way.
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I haven't seen anything good come from Disney for a while. I just wish Lucas sold it to a better company. Speaking of the few good Disney movies that aren't pixar, Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl was the last one I can remember.

Showing 16-30 of 56