ForumsForum GamesCaldaria: Lands at War

160 16910
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

This is Caldaria, a land ravaged by wars between the 5 great nations:
The Nords: Unparalleled infantry with heavy chain armor, and large axes for fighting and throwing. The kings and lords are hot headed and traditional

The Vaegirs: The balanced peoples, the kings cool headed and a variety of troops excelling at horsemanship and light infantries.

Kingdom of Swadia: Heavy Cavalry oriented with reliable heavy infantry, their lords and kings are very cautious, being in the center of the continent

Khergit Khanate: Born in the saddle, and die in the saddle, these people hail from the steppes, they excel in horsemanship, and their leaders are master hit and run tacticians, prolonged engagements are the bane of their existence

The Rhodoks: They're the best at killing horses with their spears and men with their crossbows, they are perfect for defending areas and will do it with their lives, not surprisingly their kings are the same

These kingdoms have fought for centuries. They are in desperate need of nobles and vassals to help raise armies for their constant state of warring.

This game will include a lot of talking, debating, etc. and not be all action so be prepared for it.

Sheet:

Name:
Physical Desc.:
Bio: at least 5 sentences, optional
Perk: from bio
---------
Weapon: i put
Armor: i put
Misc.: i put
Armor Durability: i put
Health: i put
Denars: 1,000
Condition:
--------
Troops:
Troop Types:
Morale: Eager
Events:

• 160 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name: Johann Vekill
Physical Desc.: Black hair, blue eyes, pale skin, 6'2, scrawny
Bio:Johann came to Calradia on the run. Not from gaurds though. They couldn't give half a dam* if it meant running all the way to Calradia. No, he was on the run from debt. His home was taken away, along with all communication with his family. He's learned to cover his tracks. Anyone who was sent after him, oftentimes, were shaken from their robust attitudes once they learned their cause was not just.
Perk:Hard to Hunt: it isn't as easy to find you
Nation: Kingdom of Swadia
---------
Weapon:Knobbed Mace
Armor:Heraldic Gambeson, Skullcap, Cavalry Round Shield
Misc.:
Armor Durability 30/30, Head:45/45, Shield: 100/100
Health:100/100
Condition:
--------
Troops:40
Troop Types:16 Swadian Militia [Militia] (Crossbow, varied melee, Kite shield), 9 Swadian Men-At-Arms [Medium Cavalry] (Horseman's kiteshield, Spears, Chain Armor)

actually, after that the archers turn and run away, you see a man on a horse who was previously hiding in the distance from sight, now turn and gallop away

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Bio:Johann came to Calradia on the run. Not from gaurds though. They couldn't give half a dam* if it meant running all the way to Calradia. No, he was on the run from debt. His home was taken away, along with all communication with his family. He's learned to cover his tracks. Anyone who was sent after him, oftentimes, were shaken from their robust attitudes once they learned their cause was not just.
---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------
Troop Types:16 Swadian Militia [Militia] (Crossbow, varied melee, Kite shield), 9 Swadian Men-At-Arms [Medium Cavalry] (Horseman's kiteshield, Spears, Chain Armor)

If he's a Nord, and he was watching the battle from a distance, then it shouldn't be possible to chase him, even with the Men-At-Arms on his tail. I order the militia and Men-At-Arms to cease their fighting and get a good distance between themselves and the Nords. "I am Johann Vekill! As you can see, you are surrounded and on the verge of losing your lives! You may stand-down and be treated with honor, or bear arms and face summary execution! Your wounded will be attended to! Please think wisely!"

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

you yell to the men (?) and some of them shakily stand, leaning heavily on their weapons, others just moaning for help

all in all you find 6 wounded nords, 5 footmen and 1 archer, and 4 wounded militia

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------
Troop Types:12 Swadian Militia [Militia] (Crossbow, varied melee, Kite shield), 9 Swadian Men-At-Arms [Medium Cavalry] (Horseman's kiteshield, Spears, Chain Armor) 5 footmen, 1 archer

So 5 footmen and 1 archer who were prisoners?

I send the wounded to the surgeons and townsfolk who have a history of medical experiance. (Be it minor or advanced) The Nordic prisoners will be held up in a barn with 6 militiamen gaurding. Meanwhile, I return to my quarters and bring out a peice of partchment.

To His Majesty (insert lord's name here)

My force and I have defeated the Nordic force. Half of my militia have been killed or wounded. One Man-At-Arms has been killed. We have taken 6 Nords prisoner and freed 5 footmen and 1 archer. (Whom, with your blessing, I will take under my wing) The Nordic forces had 30 warriors and 20 archers. We held the villiage outskirts, not a single Nord took a step into the villiage. In all, victory and luck has graced us with it's presence. I will await further orders for my unit and the fate of the prisoners. I am tempted to let them loose so they may return to their families. However, I will await a prisoner train to take them further inland, if you deem it neccasary.

Sincerely~Johann Vekill

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------
Troops:21
Troop Types:12 Swadian Militia [Militia] (Crossbow, varied melee, Kite shield), 9 Swadian Men-At-Arms [Medium Cavalry] (Horseman's kiteshield, Spears, Chain Armor) 5 footmen, 1 archer

king Harlaus

you send it out with a horsemen, and the troops will be in there being taken care of.

one of the sergeants of the militia comes into your quarters

"M'lord, i believe it to be high time we start training a real force instead of a bunch of farmers with their hunting weapons, if i may say so myself."

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

"Indeed. That is a good point... Recruit volunteers from the townsfolk. Have the men spar with each other. I will help observe and train the men."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------
Troop Types:50 Swadian Militia [Militia] (Crossbow, varied melee, Kite shield), 9 Swadian Men-At-Arms [Medium Cavalry] (Horseman's kiteshield, Spears, Chain Armor), 5 Swadian Footmen(Chain Hauberk,Mail Coif, Longsword, Heater Shield), 5 Nord footmen, 1 Nord Huntsman

he goes out and yells "Alright you bunch of mucks! if you want glory and to spill Nord blood then come over here!"

by the end of the day you now have 50 more militia recruits and 16 Footmen

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------
Troop Types:50 Swadian Militia [Militia] (Crossbow, varied melee, Kite shield), 9 Swadian Men-At-Arms [Medium Cavalry] (Horseman's kiteshield, Spears, Chain Armor), 5 Swadian Footmen(Chain Hauberk,Mail Coif, Longsword, Heater Shield), 5 Nord footmen, 1 Nord Huntsman

Excellent.

I take a stroll into the villiage. I'll look for a Civil Affairs official of some kind. Maybe the villiage chief or something. "Good day. How are the citizens in this villiage doing."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------
Troop Types:50 Swadian Militia [Militia] (Crossbow, varied melee, Kite shield), 9 Swadian Men-At-Arms [Medium Cavalry] (Horseman's kiteshield, Spears, Chain Armor),16 Swadian Footmen(Chain Hauberk,Mail Coif, Longsword, Heater Shield), 5 Nord footmen, 1 Nord Huntsman

"We are raising an army, the best we can, but if ye want more men, you;ll have to find another village, we still need people for the harvests."

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------
Troop Types:50 Swadian Militia [Militia] (Crossbow, varied melee, Kite shield), 9 Swadian Men-At-Arms [Medium Cavalry] (Horseman's kiteshield, Spears, Chain Armor),16 Swadian Footmen(Chain Hauberk,Mail Coif, Longsword, Heater Shield), 5 Nord footmen, 1 Nord Huntsman

"Ah, if men for your harvests is the problem I'll allow some of my men to return and assist in the harvests."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

"Just don't take any more, and we'll be fine."

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

I return back to my quarters. I order for some drills for the militia to learn how to fight better. I will also order for the release of the Nord prisoners. (If I haven't already)

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

they're all wounded, you just throw em' out?

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

Oh right, good point. Derp.

I send two footmen to search the villiage for a surgeon of some sort.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

you find a local missionary who knows his way around a knife

Showing 31-45 of 160