ForumsThe TavernWhat Classifies A "Newbie" On AG.

6 2243
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I have heard people using the term "newbie" a lot lately on AG and i was just wondering, what classifies you as a "newbie" and when do leave the status of "newbie".

• 6 Replies
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

The name is self-explanatory. A person that is new to a place and doesn't know what to do. Theirs a difference between newbie and noob though. Noob is someone who is either new or not new and is a spammer or something bad.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Ha Ha yeah i know what i noob is XD.

Ok Yeah if figured that but i also wondered of rank had anything to do with it to.

Thanks

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Gasp! How could you think that?! Well, in my book, ranks are just a friendly competition to make this site more fun. Also in my book, a newbie who reads the rules and post thoughtful, educated posts, is a unexperience member. Like me. Maybe you guys thought I'll be a newbie but I learned the rules, I made educated posts and now I'm something that is not a newbie or a noob or possibly, not a unexperienced member.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

The only people I think are noobs are those who can't follow the rules, when they've been told or can easily find them, at least.
Rank means nothing, some people know everything they can and are the most experianced AG members at early levels, ranks really only mean how much you've been able to participate on the site so far, unless you're a spammer and such, that's another story lol.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Drako...your still a newbie!! lol!

In my opinion, someone who has no idea what anything is, who gets annoyed when they lose four points or spams is a newbie.

Luckily when i started AG, newbies wern't around! That was because everyone was one.

Also, a newbie probably has only 1 or 2 forum posts...

KingRyan

invisiman
invisiman
282 posts
Peasant

A newbie is someone who applies to any of these things.
1.) Has had their account for less than a week.
2.) Doesn't know how to add people as their friend.
3.) Doesn't know how to fave a game.
4.) Doesn't have wooden serf yet.
5.) Doesn't know about community or chat and other small things.

Those are some guidelines. But I always try to help people out.

Showing 1-6 of 6