ForumsThe TavernWhy does no one like my topics?

7 1590
dr_doughnut
dr_doughnut
72 posts
Nomad

No one answers my topics but there are probably like hundreds of people on this every moment.

• 7 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Give people time to respond. I personally didn't post in that "breakfast for Christmas" thread because I can't remember and I don't see any conversation coming out of that.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
889 posts
Nomad

I personally didn't post in that "breakfast for Christmas" thread because I can't remember

This.
I don't really remember what I ate for breakfast a week ago, don't mind 11 months back.

I haven't seen any of your other threads, so I don't know.
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

If there are hundreds of people on at the moment, they aren't on the forums. I don't think I've ever seen a thread get more than 100 views per post per day and hardly ever more than 10-20.

If you aren't creating interesting content, you aren't generating interested response. Posting a question most people won't be able to answer won't generate much response.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Give people time to respond. I personally didn't post in that "breakfast for Christmas" thread because I can't remember and I don't see any conversation coming out of that.

Same here, I didn't remember and I don't think I cared. On Christmas Day all I did was walk outside to enjoy the snow, but I don't think the breakfast thing was one of my most memorable moments. And I agree, you need to wait for people to reply. Forums are not like chat rooms, they are not instantaneous. Usually you need to wait like 2-3 hours for a couple of comments, if you have a dynamite thread topic though you can get a discussion going in 30 minutes!
dr_doughnut
dr_doughnut
72 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the info. I now remember what I had for breakfast on Christmas. Absolutely nothing.

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I always have cinnamon rolls on Christmas.

Some topics are just unpopular for some reason. I've had a few like that.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I always have cinnamon rolls on Christmas.

Same here!

But yes. You have some threads that do pretty well and others that die right away. Heck I had a thread die that never even had another comment on it! Just try interesting threads and get a sense of what people respond too.
Showing 1-7 of 7