ForumsPopular MediaWhat unpopular bands do you listen to?

13 8426
zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

So yeah, there are quite a bit of talented music makers, who just haven't blown up yet. DO you know any?

I listen to RG Beats, Ben Moon, Dimitri G and 0Raghavan.

• 13 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

-arrogant worms
-the tiger lillies
-richard cheese
-three dead trolls in a baggie
-senator (local band)

might at more later

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I love to listen to those 80's classic rock bands that everybody forgot about here in Europe, bands that were often pretty big in the U.S., but never broke through here for some reason.
Also great cheezy classic rock bands from the 80's that were so over-the-top that they are fantastic to see/hear! Some quick examples would be the bands called TigerTailz, Black 'n Blue, Femme Fatale, Princess Pang, Silent Rage and Pretty Maids!

Classic 80's Rock rules and rocks them all! =)

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Basically all the bands I listen to are unpopular. But the ones you don't know are...

Emigrate
Megaherz
Oomph

They are all I know for now.

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

Guys, your bands get 400k- 1 million views a song. How is that unpopular? D:

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

-HORSE the Band
-The Bunny The Bear
-The Urge
-The Dead Milkmen
-Dir En Grey (not so popular in America)
-Flobots
-Scars on Broadway

Depends on what your view of unpopular is...apparently no one I know personally has heard of a lot of the bands I listen to so if I was to go by that my list would be a bit larger

Luna3
Luna3
4 posts
Nomad

Nice idea for topic. People can meet new types of music. I don't listen any unpopular group or artist - but I will try some new. Thx.

indianajones1
indianajones1
74 posts
Nomad

I don't know any unknown bands.I wouldn't make a topic like this.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I listen to Illnath and Amon Amarth, but those are unpopular in the sense of nobody knows who they are and not in the sense of most everyone hates them (like Bieber, Rebecca Black etc.).

rocky10199
rocky10199
70 posts
Peasant

The only unpopular "band" i listen to (also in the sense that they are pretty much unknown) would be Wake The Giants.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Depends on youe conception of ''unpopular''.
If it's about the number of youtube views, the Aviv Geffen and Steven Wilson's project ''Blackfield'' is one of the unpopular ones I listen to.

If it's just about being underground, then some bands like Modest Mouse and The pineapple thief are always a blast to listen.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Futurebirds and The Antlers. Most of the other bands I listen to have a video with atleast 1million views. What does 1million even mean though? Somewhat known? lol

atosberk
atosberk
1 posts
Nomad

Sun Kil Moon

darkblueoc
darkblueoc
31 posts
Nomad

Guys, your bands get 400k- 1 million views a song. How is that unpopular? D:

It's not that, just that as compared to Justin Bieber, Adele, One Direcion, Katty Perry and others, who have over 10 million views, these bands/artists aren't nearly as popular. With that being said, my favorite "underground" band is Blue October, I put underground because they aren't too well known, but have quite a few fans.
Showing 1-13 of 13