ForumsThe TavernArmatar awkward moments

154 30494
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Do any of you guys/girls feel like "oh that person has that armatar so if I choose it people will think I'm a copier."

I had a perfect example of this, when I went to visit Jeff1999 I saw a comment on his profile with Minotaur55 asking him why he was using his "armatar"

And Mino, I have no offence to you because I have never met you so please don't hate me. Jeff might see you as a role model or good friend, but just because he put the Minotaur armatar shouldn't give you the right to ask him why he put that armatar. He may like that armatar also.

• 154 Replies
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I havenât seen anyone with this armatar yet, so I guess I own it till next Christmas. I usually tell who people are by their armatars so Halloween was a nightmare for me. I remember seeing a lot of people with the same armatars and I would just groan in frustration and look at every ones names.

*coughs*Me and Maverick had it (well I don't have it anymore, but Mav does).I think some people recognize people because of the armatars, for examle, everytime when someone sees pang's armatar they think of pang, but I saw StormDragon having the exact same armatar.And I didn't see anyone having my wizard armatar.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

for examle, everytime when someone sees pang's armatar they think of pang, but I saw StormDragon having the exact same armatar

Well hey now..that means I'm popular =D haha

But behind that fact..when I first switched I would jokingly talk about how the armatar was solely mine. This did not go well with Patrick2011..who kept reminding me that StormDragon had it longer. So, of course, I informed Patrick that mine is the actual one that only I'm able to have..and everyone else has a poorly made copy of it (Storm, however, somehow hacked into the artist's computer and stole it before I could get it)
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

But behind that fact..when I first switched I would jokingly talk about how the armatar was solely mine. This did not go well with Patrick2011..who kept reminding me that StormDragon had it longer. So, of course, I informed Patrick that mine is the actual one that only I'm able to have..and everyone else has a poorly made copy of it (Storm, however, somehow hacked into the artist's computer and stole it before I could get it)
But being Patrick2011, he took you seriously and told you that you could not claim it as your own no matter what.

p.s. I still think Patrick is a blue butterfly at heart.

~~~Darth Caedus
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

But being Patrick2011, he took you seriously and told you that you could not claim it as your own no matter what.

He went so far as messaging me and asking why I'm claiming such a thing XD
I think he is secretly just being satirical and is fooling us all
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

JK! I think I've had this Armatar the longest out of those who have it... I might be pretty close to the record for the longest use of an armatar without a change.

I highly doubt that.. xD
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I highly doubt that.. xD

You don't count. You were inactive for a couple years.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Whoa.. I was only inactive for about 8 months.. Not 2 years, and I would lurk around every once in a while xD.

But anyways I wasn´t talking about me.. -.-
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

He said he was inactive for eight months.And how doesn't he count?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

But anyways I wasn´t talking about me.. -.-

Who were you talking about? Come on man! Don't leave us hanging!!
bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

AG supplies armatars for all the users. There is no copying armatars you can use what ever armatar you want.

Frankly i think this copying stuff is just a load of BS.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Whoa.. I was only inactive for about 8 months.. Not 2 years, and I would lurk around every once in a while xD.

I was speaking in terms of Xeano years. One Xeano year = 4 months.

He said he was inactive for eight months.And how doesn't he count?

How come people never can take a joke? Besides that, you don't need to repeat what he said. I can read it once and remember it without a reminder.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

AG supplies armatars for all the users. There is no copying armatars you can use what ever armatar you want.

Can't tell if Patrick using an alt..

or just another buzzkill...
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

What if I told you...

Making a meme without a picture doesn't make much sense...

How come people never can take a joke?

It's the internet. Text jokes don't really come across well.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

An armatar awkward moment is when you wear the one you made.

This I've never done. Only one of my armatar submissions has ever made it into the selection bin, and I didn't use it when it was available because it wasn't my favorite of the ones I had submitted, but it was quite popular at the time and in fact, I know of two users who still wield it and they've both posted in this thread at one point or another.

Can you find my contribution to the armatar world?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Can you find my contribution to the armatar world?

It's that ugl-- I mean beautiful dead tree used by dapro and stormwalker.
Can't tell if Patrick using an alt..

or just another buzzkill...

One does not simply
Make a meme without a picture

Kill ALL the buzz
Showing 121-135 of 154