ForumsThe TavernA proposal

18 4504
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Hello AG.

Some of you may know me. Most of you probably don't. Others probably saw me posting around here.
I've been considering proposing to my girlfriend, soon.

Now, I have a single problem. No bloody idea how.

I was thinking something along the lines of a romantic dinner, but she'll suspect something because I never do romantic dinners. Then, I've thought about just straight out proposing, but that would be plain boring to tell people.

So, could anyone offer any ideas for me? I'm a horrible romantic and I'm horrible with gifts/surprises/etc. so I really need any help I can get

• 18 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

You could get a specially made parachute that says 'Will you marry me?' on it, so then she'll see it while you're in the air.

OR....you replace her parachute with the ring! so while you are skydiving...when she pulls the thing..out comes the ring and you propose =p

"but pang....she would die because she gots no parachute!"
Do not fret! You then glide over to her and save her with your working parachute! Now..not only did you propose to her...but you just saved her life...ensuring a definite yes!

Now on a serious note...

You could make a whole day of going out and doing stuff (nice restaurant(s)...movie...local nice attractions...etc. Then...maybe at a park or somewhere nice and relaxing...watch the sunset with her..make a comment along the lines of "It sucks...with the sunset it means the day is ending..and I had a wonderful day with you. But at the same time I like it...with the day ending...it means that tomorrow is to come..and that is another day I get to spend being with you. And even though this day is ending..(pull ring out now) I never want us to end. Will you marry me?"
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Well try to have a dinner with her and her parents or have a picnic and propose then. Anyways good luck with your proposal.

Showing 16-18 of 18