ForumsGameswhats the best super mario game ?

18 4699
goldenguy45
goldenguy45
7 posts
Nomad

mine is super mario bros 3

• 18 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

mine is super mario bros 3

Psst...don't forget to give your reasons as to why..

Can't go wrong with the original...especially with how popular it was/is. And how much fun you can have in such a simple (compared to today's standards..) game!

Good ol' Mario brothers...Mario Mario and Luigi Mario
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

To be honest, most Mario games I find pretty addictive and decent to play.
It's been a while since I've played one though; the last one I played was 'New Super Mario' bros on DS, and stopped playing it after I completed it.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Obviously, you're all wrong because Super Mario Allstars http://sae.tweek.us/static/images/emoticons/emot-eng101.gif

And yes, I totally count that as one game. But if you don't, then Mario 3 pretty easily, mostly because it has more variety and aged slightly better than the original Super Mario Bros.

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

Galaxy 1.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i have to agree that mario 3 is probably the best but my fav will always be mario 2, 6 golden coins. it was my main mario game in my childhood. (btw. would you count side games like yoshi, luigi and wario? because i have to say that wario land was really awsome too if not the best)

kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

super mario bros 3 lol

landmaster2000
landmaster2000
135 posts
Shepherd

As for portable device games, Yoshi's Island or super mario world (though gotta agree mario 3 was also da bomb.) Fave for console is mario sunshine.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Definitely the original and Mario Bros 3.

I just like the games back then due to the fact that they were just simple and get to the point games, but still had these list of secrets and tricks you could optionally achieve.

Anyways Mario is awesome anyways so yeah.. Some other ones that aren't completely related are probably Super Mario Bros. Melee/Brawl, Yoshi's Story, Luigi's Mansion and Obviously.. Mario Kart. (Original N64)

Cristalfox
Cristalfox
142 posts
Blacksmith

I like the original one, because it is my first game and I think it is really fun and challenging.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I have only played both galaxies and NSMB wii, my favorite was Super Mario Galaxy 1.

~~~Darth Caedus

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Super mario brothers 3 and super mario world both are great games dont like super mario 1 or 2 much 1 is a bit too simple and 2 is just not mario like at all.

knaaren
knaaren
6 posts
Scribe

i love super mario 64. you cant beat the "new age" graphics they used, and its still fun to pull out every now and again and save the stupid baby penguin, or wait 3 or 4 minutes for koopa the quick to catch up i liked this type of game, rather than the classic style side-scrolling type. it seemed more like an adventure than the previous games

kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

mario 3 lol. I like the raccoon mario

kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

err I mean the tanooki suit. This is my favorite :P

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

My favorite side scroller mario would have to be Mario 3. Fun game.

But Mario Sunshine is probably the best. You finally take a break from all the mushrooms and fire flowers, and spray stuff with your F.L.U.D.D. pack.

Showing 1-15 of 18