ForumsThe TavernWould you rather live in the city or in the country?

15 2930
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I was planning on putting this on like a month ago but I was too lazy and it wasn't worth the effort.

So anyway where would you live?

• 15 Replies
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Well, I personally would choose to live in the city. No question about it. There is no real work opportunity out in the country that leads into the legal profession.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I would choose the country for sure. I love going to my grandma's house down south in the country. She has this big, open field that me and my cousins play in on Thanksgiving. My allergies are also better in the country.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I would want to live in the city, that is where I fit in best. I love the country but you can't beat the night life in a city. So I am sure I will go for city, and if I want country I could always leave. After all, I am famous for changing my mind.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
889 posts
Nomad

I live in a relatively big town, for the size of Ireland, and, to be honest, I've got no problem with country areas, it's just it's not my lifestyle.
I'm not one for farming, in isolation and one or two shops in a five mile radius.
I like being able to walk to school, walking to a shop and so forth.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I like living in the suburbs of a city. Actually living in the city is not fun at all. I don't have anything against the country, but like GhostOfHorror it is just not my style.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

There is no real work opportunity out in the country that leads into the legal profession.

You could always work from your computer. That's what most people do nowadays if they don't want to farm.
Oh, definitely country. As I'm typing this, I can look out my window and see nothing but cornfields for miles and miles. If I look far enough, I can see the bluffs along the Mississippi river. The sky is long and blue, and the way the trees accent the green prairie is phenomenal. I can see little black cows running along the sides of electric and barbed wire. I see chicken houses and little pig villages. Horses run free in the expansive space. Silos tower above anything else and look like ladders into heaven. At night, there isn't any obnoxious traffic flying by your house at midnight. Coyote calls cradle you to sleep. Every star is visible. The moon is big and bright. The lifestyle is much simpler. Get up early, go to school, do chores, and go to bed. The people are so much friendlier and have time for you. Business deals are confirmed with a handshake; not a contract.
Oh, it's fabulous.
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I have lived in both, and I much prefer living in the Country. You can get into all kinds of stuff that you just can't in the city. You can see the stars and everything is so much more relaxed.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
889 posts
Nomad

You could always work from your computer.

Some places in the country don't have internet access, at least not here anyway.
tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Id pick the city for one main reason. Everything is much more accessible. You don't have to take a 45 minute drive for a grocery store trip. I can just walk down to the local store within 5 minutes. I have to admit, the country is great, even though I've never lived there I can see why people like it but it's just not for me.

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

City, you're closer to your primary needs.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You don't have to take a 45 minute drive for a grocery store trip.

Dude that can happen in the city too, not necisarily just the country.

I would live in the country because of 1. Nicer people. 2. Much less polution 3. Fresh air. 4. Lower crime ratings.
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

the city.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Do you have a certain reason that you picked the city?

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
512 posts
Peasant

40 minute store trip is alot less likely r2 i cant leave the block without seeeing a store yeah that serious but for the question i prefer country alot less congestion of people occupying spaces good lord and less people doing stupid things as some said

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'd much rather be in a city..but if I had to choose specifically, I'd like a town with a small city feel...be able to walk to places (or drive if I'd like) and have that "small-town" feel while not being a small town. Get what I'm sayin?

Showing 1-15 of 15