ForumsWEPRLouisiana Petitions To Secede

110 44291
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Not all Americans are enthralled with obama.
According to a news article published online by World News Daily (WND), The residents of Louisiana have started a petition to peacefully secede from the U.S. and form their own government. The petition was started on November 7 of this year, the day after the election.
(Now I'm going to opine a bit.)
While it causes me great pain to see America in the sorry state it's in now, and an act(s) of secession would only intensify the situation, this may be what needs to happen. I love my country and desperately want to see it return to its former glory, but the current regime has taken conditions ranging from fair to poor and exacerbated them to such an extent that the national condition is in a rapidly worsening state of untenability for all involved. The people of Louisiana realize this and are acting accordingly.
I believe that if obama actually cares for this nation like he says he does (which personally I doubt strongly), he would take this new development as a sign that he and the rest of the regime need to reverse their actions and/or resign. If he doesn't, it is likely that this will be the first of many cases of Americans separating themselves from a government that is no longer Of, By, and For The People but rather seeks to enslave them with government dependancy and weakens the nation on the foreign and domestic fronts.

America is dying, people. Something has to be done in short order, or America will be consigned to the ash-heap of history as a great nation that forsook its own ideals and killed itself from within. And I can't stand the thought of that happening.
All of you who believe in God or prayer, please say an extra prayer for the nation tonight.

• 110 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Only on the order of knowing whether one falls into a certain very broad range. You may as well know that they like a number between 1-1500 or 501-2000.

Politics is never about details for most.

I'm pretty sure (based on my interactions/conversations with people) that most people think they are educated in some form or another, but really haven't looked into it. They learn some basic information, hear some rumors and...create their own view of the person. So while a few things are right, others are just kind of out there and you may as well be talking about a different candidate with every person you talk to.

I think the advent of social media is helping to solve some of those problems.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Politics is never about details for most

Which is another problem.

I think the advent of social media is helping to solve some of those problems.

It solves the problem of people being unable to find out information. It creates another problem of there being too much, especially in the form of speculations and predictions.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Because the person is insulting us Republicans.

Yes. The person. Even if that person is a democrat, that doesn't mean his views are the same as every other democrat's.

Like...? (btw don't even THINK about bringing Bush into this.)

Andrew Johnson comes to mind. Why shouldn't Bush be brought into it though? It was by no small part his administration's actions that helped lead to where things are now.

Typo I mean Obama will ruin America. The people who are seceding are the smart ones

How is he going to ruin America? Be specific now.

It's more like you get the general idea of there views by which party they're from.

A very, very broad idea. Pretty much all republican/democrat tells you is if someone favors a government with a little more power or a government with a little less.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

(btw don't even THINK about bringing Bush into this.)

Why? Because you know it would be difficult for you to defend him?
Dragonz5
Dragonz5
96 posts
Nomad

Everyone calm down, these things happen. Whenever there is a hotly debated election, somebody threatens to secede. It's actually happened relatively often before. And if you read the article, it sais the petition got around 25,000 signatures. There are over 4.5 million people in Louisiana. That means only about .0056% of the population signed it. Donald Trump said we should have a revolution too. It's just people who were supporting a good candidate and lost blowing off steam

Showing 106-110 of 110