ForumsThe TavernTeachers (Best/Worst)

8 2206
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I think there's always that one teacher at every single school that you know is going to be a bad teacher immediately. Usually they start by putting their name on the board and spelling out each letter of their name (because they think you can't read) and then they ask everyone to get out their text books and copy a chapter from the book word for word. At this point you're usually thinking about changing schools but then you remember that really awesome teacher...

This type of teacher vary. Some of them are really just hyper active teachers that always teach you the most interesting things others are just teachers that you can say they really helped you grasp a subject you didn't know too well. Oh and there's always the ones that are just really relatable. You know, the teacher that asked if you wanted to watch a movie in English for no reason. Out of all of them the hyper teachers are personally my favourite. Strangely, they always seem to teach science or drama.

So what teachers did you have? Why were they awesome? Any funny stories?

I remember in my first lesson of science in grade 8 with this awesome teacher he came into the room about ten minutes late and the first thing he said was, "Who here actually likes science?" No one put their hand up but by the end of the lesson we all thought science was one of the best lessons ever. It was like one of those science youtube channels where everything we found out about was super interesting. We got to do a whole lot of practical and the writing we did do was actually quite interesting and was structured easily with interesting talking periods in between.

My other favourite teacher was just someone that played a lot of games. At one point he got into a full on conversation about gaming in the middle of our programming class. It was always a fun time with him.

My worst teacher was like the one I said at the start. Yes, we did have to copy from the textbook every lesson along with a test at the end of every lesson. By the end of it I learned nothing but luckily the teacher quit after 7 weeks due to family issues. We got a much more interesting teacher this time.

• 8 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

To start..I had a teacher last year that all of us AP students were not fond of...the way he had us do notes was not fun. Yet, every non-AP student loves him and talks about how awesome he is -_-â¢

Now for my classes this year..

1st hour (business tech II) - Eh..she is alright. Nothing to write home about, but no complaints

2nd hour (Biology) - I like her as a person...but not as a teacher. A majority of the time, we will all know the section (or idea of what we are going over) we are on is, but no clue as to the chapter..so that doesn't help with trying to study

3rd hour (AP English Lit) - Love this teacher! His absolute love for books, how well he understands meanings behind book, his teaching ability is great (makes sure we actually understand why something means what it means or why certain techniques are used). I am also looked at quite highly by him, despite my laziness

4th hour (Business Law) - Another teacher I love. Master of sarcasm and satire. Hilarious...and gets to the point when teaching...no fluff

5th hour (AP Psychology) - Very much enjoy this teacher...a lot of interweb jokes and/or meme usage and a very wide range of humor that is similar to mine

6th Hour (AP Calculus) - Eh..nice guy, and a fairly decent teacher. His tests though...way too hard

7th Hour (Team Activities II AKA P.E.) - Nice lady...but doesn't do much other than tell us what we are doing for the day

Kastik
Kastik
6 posts
Nomad

I've had a few instances where I've disliked a teacher, for numerous reasons.

I utterly despise when a teacher simply can't teach, then leaves you sitting there like an idiot for the whole class.

When a teacher does everything on the basis of an inspector, saying something along the lines of "Just summarize out this chapter in your own words so if we have an inspector, they'll see that we've covered it." without explaining anything in it.

When a teacher suddenly gives you a test and you haven't even covered anything on the contents of the test and complains when everyone does horribly.

When teacher's can't control the class, for example everyone is talking and the teacher can't get people to stop and thus relies on asking another teacher to come in to get everyone to settle and stop talking.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
889 posts
Nomad

I've had a few instances where I've disliked a teacher, for numerous reasons.
I utterly despise when a teacher simply can't teach, then leave you sitting there like an idiot for the whole class.

When a teacher does everything on the basis of an inspector, saying something along the lines of "Just summarize out this chapter in your own words so if we have an inspector, they'll see that we've covered it." without explaining anything in it.

When a teacher suddenly gives you a test and you haven't even covered anything on the contents of the test and complains when everyone does horribly.

When teacher's can't control the class, for example everyone is talking and the teacher can't get people to stop and thus relies on asking another teacher to come in to get everyone to settle and stop talking.

In relation to good teachers, I've had my fair share, one of my teachers has to be the most amazing teachers, our class gets the most work done out of all four History classes, yet we still have time to talk about more or less anything and laugh throughout the whole class.
The only subject where our class average is thoroughly higher than every other class.

My German/Business teacher; (I have her for both) is funny, great to converse with and we still cover more than enough work per class, and can still cover the whole course throughout the year and have time to revise.

Max000_Extreme
Max000_Extreme
113 posts
Peasant

The Faults of Teachers in our school

1.Maths:A priest who doesn't know what does the number 1 mean
2.English:Who only knows how to taunt in English ''roperly''
3.Religion(yeah me neither):Like we are in a religious place
4.Social Studies:Wants a reason for going to the washroom
5.French:The only one sensible enough to know we are only thirteen not eighteen
6.Chemistry:Thirty five minutes of a aloud noise of boring things that we already know
7.Physics:Forgets that she is just a teacher in middle school not an encouragement speaker for people who have cancer
8.Accounting:I think she should have been our nurse
9.Phys Ed:A commander of the navy who has defeat the enemy or the rest would be dead and like to carry his whistle
Notice:This the truth (kinda)

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

My social studies teacher... If you laugh or talk a bit immediately you get yelled and get a lunch detention... It's like a prison lol...

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

The National Geographic News:

The teacher specimen always travels in schools, they are very cautious with their private space. They use their own bathrooms, eat in their own lounge, and they usually pry on young humans.

They are ruled by the "Queen Teacher", A.K.A. Principal.

Be extremely cautious upon spotting one, they are attracted to phones, pocketknives, etc....

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@thegr8est

Lol... It would be funny if they had a special on that xDD or they could do one on fire trucks lol...

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

1st. AP US History: HE WON'T STOP RAMBLING! He just talks and talks and talks about nothing, although, his goofiness is pretty funny, and the class is insanely easy. We've had 3 tests this year and very little homework.

2nd. Photo: He grades way too hard. One thing wrong in your photo? C-. Otherwise, he's good with explaining how things work.

3rd. Weights: He sits there and watches us lift. Not a word leaves his mouth. It's not a graded class, so he's basically there to answer questions about form and stuff like that.

4th. AP Computer Science: Like my weights teacher, he sits on his computer and is there to answer questions we might have about some faulty web code or whatever. He's laid-back though, so you don't have to do muchto get a decent grade.

5th. AP Physics: Hard grader. EVERYTHING GETS GRADED. If we get a question wrong in our homework, it goes against us. Otherwise she's a fantastic lecturer. She covers everything and reviews heavily before tests.

6th. Spanish Tutoring: Uh... I tutor Spanish to freshman during this class. I'm the teacher?

7th. AP Calc BC: Probably my hardest class, but my AP Physics teacher teaches along with my Calc teacher and they're very charismatic together. See AP Physics up there and x2 for this class.

Showing 1-8 of 8