ForumsThe TavernHot vs Cold

56 10714
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Which are you more comforable being? Hot or Cold?

• 56 Replies
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

i am comfortable being cold. and comfortable being hot. i prefer hot, but can handle cold very well.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Depends what you mean by the question.

If you mean do I love living in a place where it is hot or cold then I would choose a place where it's hot in summer and cold in winter.. Such as FL. Usually anyways.

Now if it's what I'm more comfortable with.. then I would say hot because you don't need to be in layers of clothes for a hot climate. Though I wouldn't mind going on vacation once in a while to places where it snows and I can snowboard and stuff.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I look at it this way: you can always put on more clothes, but you can only take off so many. I love the cold. It's just to bad I don't get much of it.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

It depends on how cold and how hot, when I'm relatively warm, I love to go into a freezer.
And, if I'm too cold, hot war bottles.

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

Something warmer than Finland. -.-

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I've always preferred hot. If it's hot I can go into a pool but if I'm cold I feel uncomfortable having more than 2 layers of clothing on.

However I really do love rain. There's just something about it that makes everything happier than it currently is.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I don't know how hot and cold you mean, but if I had the choice of being outside (with what ever clothing I wanted) when it was either 20°C or -20°C, I would definitely choose 20°C. However if we were talking more like 30°C or 15°C the I would choose the colder one.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I prefer cold for two reasons.

1) You can always wear something warmer or more layers of clothing to get warm. If it's hot outside, there's nothing you can do to cool off unless there's water around.

2) Hot is painful, cold is numbing. If it's really hot that means it's likely sunny, which means sunburns (especially if you're wearing short/less clothing to try and stay cool) if you don't have sunscreen or dark skin. Cold (while in extreme cases can lead to frostbite) isn't as bad over time.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Playing baseball - Hot. It is cool too...in the middle of the game on a hot day, playing hard, and you look at your arm and it is glistening from sweat haha

Any other time - Cold. I love the cold! Plus...my body temp is a few degrees lower than the average (basically...the area my body temp is at..if most people's body temp dropped there..their teeth would start chattering and they would shiver a bit)

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Have to go with cold. I can function way better when it's cold then when it's hot.

I hate to wake up in the middle of the night sweating. There is nothing more uncomfortable.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i am hot, but also cool at the same time.

actually, i rather be cold. being to hot is hard when your trying to go to sleep. plus, freezing is much harder then heat exaushtion (passing out a.k.a heat stroke)

--spike machine--

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I like being warm over being cold but I like being cold over being hot if that makes sense.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

All in all it depends on the situation from what I've read the past few posts.. Almost everyone chooses different ones depending on what it has to do with exactly..

Like the sleeping in heat.. But see I wouldn't sleep when it's too cold either. I think right in the middle is perfect. xD

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I have to go with cold. I live somewhere fairly chilly as it is and you kind of get used to it. You also can always put more clothing on, and you can only take so much off.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

You also can always put more clothing on, and you can only take so much off.

Okay so let's say you have no clothes what would you prefer? xD

I would pick the heat..
Showing 1-15 of 56