ForumsThe TavernBlack Belts (or other martial artists)

72 19491
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I have just received my 2nd degree black belt I teach classes and do weapons

Please tell me what Belt (rank), and Martial art you train in.

Black belts (do you teach classes?)

• 72 Replies
letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

I got to be a fifth degree blackbelt in Akido Karate. I took bowestaff, double sword and knifes

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i was yello belt green stripe in taekwon do, but then i quit out of it because it cost to much money.

winmaster1
winmaster1
637 posts
Peasant

I was a purple belt in karate then stopped.

xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

I've never been graded in an official aspect, but I spar from MMA often, and I learn from 2 professional MMA fighters

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I got to be a fifth degree blackbelt in Akido Karate. I took bowestaff, double sword and knifes

Wow sounds cool, yeah our school does not offer the sword and knives...

I was a purple belt in karate then stopped.

Yeah it can be boring sometimes!
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I trained mainly through middle and early high-school getting all the way up to Ikkyu, before my school shut down. Most of my competition was Poomsae or grappling, although I did spar a few times. One of my instructor's friends, a grandmaster in his own style also taught us pieces of the Iron Monkey, which so far as I gathered was a bostaff or spear form. I also practiced quite a bit with eskrima, but never actually got to the point of competition unfortunately.

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

It's been months since I was here! Great to be back!

Hmmm, I was a Black Belter 1st Degree in TawKwonDo, but I had to drop it because of the hardships High School has given me.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Kyouzou: sounds fun the spar and the weapons is what i teach!

shock457: wow 1st degree! Sounds really cool! I was really excited when i earned mine!

ask08
ask08
51 posts
Nomad

I don't do any of them... *blushes*
S_man98
S_man98
221 posts
Shepherd

I'm a blue belt in karate (not sure what style). I know how to use a bo staff, and later on there are also nunchucks, tonfas, and blades.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Yeah i have used Tonfa, eku, sword, cane, and sai FUN

ask08
ask08
51 posts
Nomad

Sweet! :-)
idont
idont
3 posts
Peasant

hey I do something called systema

Acetheterrible13
Acetheterrible13
407 posts
Nomad

I was very young when my parents first wanted me to do it and I did not realize that there was a LOT of discipline involved and not all just kicking people in the chest and knocking them into a wall 30 feet away. Needless to say I was out the door before the instructor got to the third rule.

SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

I've been Judo since I was little. It's one of those few non-bull**** martial arts that actually works.
I've done some Muay Thai (Thai Boxing) as well, but that's more a combat sport than a martial art.

Showing 46-60 of 72