ForumsNews and FeedbackFan-Fic/Fan Made Story "Community" Section

11 3577
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Hey guys, I was just thinking that they could add a "Fan-Fic" or Fan Made Story section to the community part of armor games. I really like making fan-fics and I think a lot of AGers do too, so I'm just putting this forum out here so that you guys can talk about this and maybe even have someone (OR EVERYONE!!!) from Armor Games see it and (PLEASE!!!) add this. PPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE!

• 11 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Have you considered taking a moment to look at the Art, Music and Writing section of the forum, where you can post your art, music and writing of any kind, as long as it is originally done by you? This does include fanfiction, after all.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I agree with Cen, and AMW isn't too active as it stands.
So, to create a new thread to draw users out of it is somewhat irrelevant.

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Ya, but I was just thinking so that hard work in a fan-fic would have a lesser chance of not being noticed. Maybe the reason for AMW not being active is because people don't really think that their fan-fics aren't "Original" enough, being based off something. IDK, but I thought it would be a good idea.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

but I was just thinking so that hard work in a fan-fic would have a lesser chance of not being noticed.

Why did you have to put it that way? *rubs head*

*but I was just thinking so that hard work in a fan-fic would have a better chance of being noticed

And you will find that in AMW...you will also have people giving you constructive criticism so that you can better your story/writing skills
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Why did you have to put it that way? *rubs head*

...Because I felt like it...And I ment that it would be all fan-fics and not a cluster of fan-fics and other stuff.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

...Because I felt like it...And I ment that it would be all fan-fics and not a cluster of fan-fics and other stuff.

Not many fan-fics are made though...definitely not enough for its own forum. If you want to make a fan-fic...feel free to in AMW. We won't bite
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm currently *cough* running *cough* the absolute *cough* entire art section *cough* of the AMW right now.

(Hopefully no one *cough* heard that)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I... *cough* ...heard that... *cough* ...Sal... hehe... *cough* ...heh... =P

As for the idea... this would be like opening Pandora's box when allowing a thread for users to post their fan stuff in. Making such a thread for fans would inevitably mean that you have to allow non-fans to post in it as well... and that would open the door for hate videos, rotten content, flamable texts, etc... etc... etc...

Best have Pandora's box closed and not burn our fingers trying to open it... agreed? =)

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

As for the idea... this would be like opening Pandora's box when allowing a thread for users to post their fan stuff in. Making such a thread for fans would inevitably mean that you have to allow non-fans to post in it as well... and that would open the door for hate videos, rotten content, flamable texts, etc... etc... etc...

Uh, *section and they can already do this, to be honest. No one is stopping anyone from not liking stuff. Something is stopping them from posting hateful content and flames, which are, well, the rules.
Making a thread in the AMW asking people to share their chosen fanart and fanfiction would not be that bad of a plan, and it really would not spawn hate, because it would be against the thread's purpose (besides still being against the rules), making your own thread to share your own fan-content would likewise be do-able, though making an entire section for this would arguably be unnecessary and might very well not get much content considering how little content is already being shared in the AMW.

Maybe the reason for AMW not being active is because people don't really think that their fan-fics aren't "Original" enough, being based off something.

If it's written or drawn by you, it's as original as it needs to be. People might not understand this, but then again, we have a user base that cannot differentiate between the popular media section and the AMW in the first place, so I can't really say it's the wording stopping them.

More so, I think fanart and fanfiction might get more attention, due to the fairly relate-able content, while many people might not be interested in investing time to get to know the original characters of the other patrons.
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Wow, I didn't think I was this popular (JK, I'm sooo funny! I think I'm on the other side now. I guess having them on AMW would be a better idea.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@ Cenere : Fair enough... I agree on your counter argument and stand corrected then! =)

Showing 1-11 of 11