ForumsThe TavernThanksgiving

14 2351
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Gobble Gobble! Bring out the cranberry sauce!

Anyway, what are you doing for thanksgiving? Traveling out of town, or are you eating at home? Huge meal for 20 people, or juts a small family meal? Eating a normal thanksgiving menu, or are you eating something else? (Like lasagna?)

• 14 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Gonna drive down for the day to have a normal Thanksgiving dinner with my family. I don't know how many people they invited this year but I'm sure it won't be any fewer than 15! A lot of my relatives are Catholic, so... big families. xP

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

usually all my family comes down to my house and we have a big feast, last year a huge argument over religion broke out at the dinner table causing 2 of my aunts to drive home and tears and almost a fist fight between my dad and uncle. Yeah....not looking forward to this year..

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Bring out the cranberry sauce!

Hell ya! In that awesome can shape too! I am not kidding, I love that stuff.

We are just eating at home. No family coming up to visit or anything. Just my small family with a normal thanksgiving meal. And football.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

My parents are hosting it this year, so I'll be going over to their house. I'll eat a couple platefuls and then I'll probably leave early because they'll probably want to watch football and I'm not really into that.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Since I'm in Canada, we had Thanksgiving last month. But I sure wish we could have it again!

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Coming home to my family for the first time in a few months. It won't be the warmest of family reunions, but it's better than spending it alone in a dorm room eating a cold turkey sandwich.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Going to my uncle's huge house. Its worth the 12 hour drive

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

My Grandpa is flying here to our house for the first time ever. It's a 24-hour drive.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Yeah....not looking forward to this year..

I hate family issues. My past three thanksgivings have all been disrupted by stuff.

In that awesome can shape too! I am not kidding, I love that stuff.

The can shape is awesome!

they'll probably want to watch football and I'm not really into that.

Not into football? What is thanksgiving without football?

It won't be the warmest of family reunions

A plateful of turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and potatoes beat out a crummy sandwich any day.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Goin to eat dinner with immediate family....like we do...every sunday. So Thanksgiving is nothing special in my eyes

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I wanted to enjoy thanks giving a little and i did but for some reason my stomache wanted to act u like i had something a the day before i was moaning and groaning all day and yes i took antacid and it took all day for it to work

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

A lot of food for a few people, that's it. I was eating Thanksgiving food for two-three days, I'm sure I gained around five pounds from it. The pies were too delicious, I couldn't resist.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup actually won a turkey in a shooting contest a few weeks before hand and thats what Killersup's family had for thanksgiving. Not a big turkey, but hey, food is food is food.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Never celebrated, and probably never will!

Showing 1-14 of 14