ForumsQuests[OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

605 280090
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Check our Facebook/Twitter/Google+

Also be sure to follow us!

• 605 Replies
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

So it'll be ready in a valve week?

I joke, I joke. Krin will probably finish soon (Not even that sure if it is sinjid)

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I think we'd all be dead if it was a Valve week.

ArgamenPhish
ArgamenPhish
698 posts
Nomad

A day in God's eyes is a thousand years in ours.... I hope God isn't running things over there. it would be awhile. Or at least longer than it has been.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Unconfirmed Report: Some users claim that Forum Games and Newcomers Forum now award AP, but this has not been confirmed by a mod or admin. Here's a quote that contains the claim:

[quote=pangtonshu]Newcomers and Forum Games increase post count (not yet confirmed by mod/admin...but multiple users have had their post count increased while in 'em)[/quote]

The above quote is a comment on my profile.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Update: One of the mods has claimed that the "AP for posting in a non-AP forum" is a bug.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Update: One of the mods has claimed that the "AP for posting in a non-AP forum" is a bug.

He implied that it might be one...saying that his dropped back down. Mine, however, hasn't lowered

For the most noticeable change..see ArgamenPhish...came in with about 150 posts and now has over 400
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

He implied that it might be one...saying that his dropped back down. Mine, however, hasn't lowered

MrDayCee also said that it took a day for points and posts to be losts, but you have experienced this for less than a day, so no loss for you =/= not a bug. Instead, we should wait for an admin to confirm or deny the change. I have already reported a thread about the issue to Ferret.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

MrDayCee also said that it took a day for points and posts to be losts, but you have experienced this for less than a day, so no loss for you =/= not a bug

Like I explained in my thread...the increasing post count has been going on for a few days now..I just made that thread yesterday. And it isn't just me..nich, GOM, xeano, I'mTheMostManlyMan, R2D2, ArgamenPhish, PwnjLeadah, to name a few
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I just made that thread yesterday.

I looked at the dates, and you made the thread today. You should therefore wait until tomorrow before claiming that it's not a bug.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Admin/mod confirmation is irrelevant, we are living proof that it is real, and it is most likely a bug due to them not telling us and the "No AP" is still in the description. What MrDayCee said is also irrelevant, ArgamenPhish has not lost AP and has gained hundreds of posts in forum games the past few days. MrDayCee also has no proof.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Admin/mod confirmation is irrelevant, we are living proof that it is real, and it is most likely a bug due to them not telling us and the "No AP" is still in the description. What MrDayCee said is also irrelevant, ArgamenPhish has not lost AP and has gained hundreds of posts in forum games the past few days. MrDayCee also has no proof.

Not all users are affected (e.g. Salvidian), so we should still wait for an admin to confirm a new feature before claiming it. You are correct in that MrDayCee cannot prove it to be a bug.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Update: winmaster1 claims to have lost posts. Now that I think about it, each user most likely has a random post-loss date and time, indicating a glitch or bug.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

winmaster1 claims to have lost posts

Keyword there...claims. Yesterday he had about 120 posts...now he has 144..I'd hardly call that losing posts.

Not denying it could be a glitch..but the main people I'd look for to see a drop (indicating a glitch or bug) would be either GOM, Argamen, pwn, or myself...as we'd have the most significant drop

Argamen would drop easily 400+
pwn would lose about 150
GOM and I would lose about 50-100
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Keyword there...claims. Yesterday he had about 120 posts...now he has 144..I'd hardly call that losing posts.

Perhaps he had something in the 150s. By calling his previous post count 120, you are acting like post counts only update once per day when they really update much more frequently.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Perhaps he had something in the 150s. By calling his previous post count 120, you are acting like post counts only update once per day when they really update much more frequently.

No..I know they frequently update. But I'm just going by your own & ModDayCee's theory that it takes around a day for the posts to drop

Again..I think the one's to look towards are who I already listed..as there would be a significant change in number for us. With winmaster..who is to say that some posts weren't deleted because they were spam?
Showing 211-225 of 605