ForumsQuests[OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

605 280120
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Check our Facebook/Twitter/Google+

Also be sure to follow us!

• 605 Replies
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I know this isn't about quests but wasn't there supposed to be some sort of reputation system (on top of quests) to earn armatars. Will they all be transferred to quests instead?

I can understand quest giving you cool armatars that relate to the game but if I have to play say TITOL 3 to get a shark armatar that someone has made I don't think it would mean as much to me as if I got it for being active and helping with the community.

On quests, good job? I guess. I think they're neat but none of the games on there yet really interest me. (Bring in some Con games!)

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I just want to say, if it's feasible, all new games should receive quests. After time it will seem like most the games have quests (as older games are still playable but less frequently). As well, new games are only added 1 to 3 or so a week, which helps to break up the work of adding quests to games in a nice time span.

However, games that are glitchy or broken (or end up with poor ratings) should not receive quests (although this can only be known in hindsight).

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

You should have more quests for sushi cat.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Quests, currently, are just completion marks really. There's not a challenge to them other than "complete the game" which is something you should do anyways for any decent game you play.

There needs to be more unique and harder to get quests. Something you don't necessarily do while playing through the game, or some hard to get score that really takes skill. Quests that everyone can get are fine, but games where everyone wins are for 6-7 year olds. There should be a challenge for some things that you can't get past with just a walkthrough.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

To lazy to read 50 pages of comments. Anywho, Killersup heard that you would need to complete quest for new armartars. That is fine, but since when have they become all available? Will it be forever like this? Did the admins change their mind?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

You heard wrong. This is what Ferret said:
We'll be transitioning most Armatars over so that everybody will be able to use them. Super high level Armatars may be exclusive to legacy members for now.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The armatars are currently made available for all users, but this won't be forever I bet... the reason why they did this is pretty simple, because there are no more Armor Points now.

And the number and difficulty of Quests will surely increase in the future... we have only just begun to explore the tip of the iceberg! And this feature won't sink. Bad pun intented... =)

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

The armatars are currently made available for all users

Ummm... no, they're not. I just checked my HaikuContestWinners account and only the basics were available.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

We'll be transitioning most Armatars over so that everybody will be able to use them. Super high level Armatars may be exclusive to legacy members for now.

Read above quote to avoid confusion.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I've been thinking, and maybe the best thing to do is just to bring back the AP system and maybe the ranks.

But this time you remove ap for comments, posts, and maybe rating games. But you leave it for creating games, merits, and obviously the new quests. Also, new fresh start on points, because if you have these removed you'd have a lot of AP gone..

Not sure how this would all work out, maybe some more ranks.. etc.

Oh well .-.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

But this time you remove ap for comments, posts, and maybe rating games. But you leave it for creating games, merits, and obviously the new quests. Also, new fresh start on points, because if you have these removed you'd have a lot of AP gone.

Hasn't this idea already been discussed?
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Hasn't this idea already been discussed?

Not sure. But since the quests have been launched I haven't seen much talk about this.

Anyways, either way I don't care. As long as they are going to update more of the site, meh.
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

My new stance is that I want to keep the quests. However, the quests should earn AP to unlock armatars. This could also make game ratings more accurate. If you play a game longer to finish the quest, you have actually played the game long enough to give it an honest rating.

mikoaski
mikoaski
20 posts
Shepherd

I'm not here to say the quest idea was bad, i was really looking forward to it, but one thing that disappointed me was to abandon the AP.

The quest rewards should be given on points, like in the xbox, i agree with the fact that the comments were a bad way to earn points, but the fun was not to be on the top of a list, at least for me.

A system i would like to see is, as i said before, are quests giving AP as rewards, remove points for comments and posts and keep the points when you rate a game.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Like I said before, remove the AP from comments, forum posts, and rating games and you remove the factor of spamming for points. People will focus more on getting merits which will provide thought out comments for games.

You add the reputation system for comments and forum posts, and get some kind of points for quests, and everybody is happy. This also could help with merits too.

Showing 466-480 of 605