ForumsForum GamesRetribution - Firetail's RPG

44 10789
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

You were a happy child. A loving family, academic excellence, strings of friends.
Then one day, it all changed. He arrived. Midnight. The screaming. The destruction. Your parents, murdered.
Your only sister, captured. But he didn't find you. Or he chose not to find you.

10 years later, and you still remember. There's no way you can forget.
10 years later, you're a different person.
Is your sister still alive?
Back then, you were inept. Naive. A coward.
Now, you are determined.
Your spirit burns within you, and your physical prowess won't let you down.

Revenge. It's your story.

---
This is a word RPG, revolving around the backstory above.
10 years after the calamity, you discovered that you were blessed with special powers.
Use them. Learn them. Improve them. Retribution.

If you are interested, please fill out this character sheet, and
REMEMBER TO COPY/PASTE IT EVERY TIME YOU POST. (please copy the most recent version, I will often edit it in posts I make as your character develops)

PathLook below)
Level: 0
EXP: 0/1
Fitness:
Spirit:
Gold:
Inventory: (0/4)

---
PATH
You can choose to either pursue the path of the fists, or the path of the mind.

-PHYSICAL-
+ additional Fitness growth per level
+ 1 inventory space every 10 levels
+ lower EXP requirements to level

-SPIRITUAL-
+ additional Spirit growth per level
+ gold earned
+ haggling ability (buying/selling)

---
I have a knack for making things overcomplicated and being unable to handle them, so I'll just leave this here right now.
Since we cannot yet edit posts, I will be making additional changes on my profile about. Please check there if you don't understand something!

• 44 Replies
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Name: Fredrick
Path: Spiritual
Fitness:
Spirit:
Gold:
Been too long since I last came onto the forums, or even bothered with such things time for my retribution XP.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

To ALL of the above:
You all have a common backstory in the beginning.
Please reply to:

You ruffle through your parent's drawers, looking for a clue.
Your hands grope around in the muffled interiors and touch blood.
This must be it - it must have been what he was after.
You grab the bloodstained box and take it near the window to see it better. It's a small safe with a lock, but the lock was broken. You open the little box. The inside if empty.
"Dammit!" you mutter to yourself.
You are just about to put it back when you notice a piece of paper at the very bottom of the box. Curiously, you fish it out and unfold it.

It appears to be a map. A map of an island, of sorts. But it's not part of any country or state that you know. There are no labels on the map except for three words, scrawled in blood. 'I am waiting' read the bloody letters.

You put your finger to the letters and are surprised to find the blood fresh. But how could this be? It happened a decade ago.
Suddenly, flashbacks occur. That night, 10 years ago. It's as fresh as today's breakfast in your mind.

You shake yourself free from the nightmare and get ready to put the paper back into the box.
...but there is no box.
Where are you? You're not in your room, at your parent's house.
Lush green vegetation surrounds you. The chirping of birds, the occasional scuffle of something crawling through the undergrowth.
The box on the ground earlier is gone. Nothing is the same, except for you and the map you are holding.
Wait...the map! Why is it here with you? You quickly glance at the map again.
It's the same map, but there's a lot more detail to it now. A small red dot flashes at a point on the map. 'City Outskirts', it reads. what is this? Is this telling you where you are? How can there be digital technology on an ordinary piece of paper? And it wasn't there before...
Before you have more time to think, a man approaches you.
He has a friendly smile on his face, and he isn't holding anything dangerous.
What do you do?

nolaldi
nolaldi
192 posts
Shepherd

Name: Deadvimz
Path: Physical
Fitness:
Spirit:
Gold:

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Name:Blade
Path:Spiritual
Fitness:
Spirit:
Gold:

I walk up to the man with a smile on my face. and try and ask him where I am, what year it is, how far to the city, etc. the whole time I have already figured out how to kill him should he try anything.

ForNoReason
ForNoReason
126 posts
Peasant

Name:XlY
Path:Physical
Fitness:
Spirit:
Gold:

Im in

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Name: Savell
Fitness:
Spirit:
Gold:

I nod to the man, folding up the magical map and putting it in my pocket discretely, just in case...then I ask "Hello there! I'm lost, where's the nearest town or city or whatever?" While I talk my hands ball into fists, and I bend my knees slightly, ready to respond to any danger. Also focusing on every sound and sight around me. Nothing escapes my notice.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Azreal
Fitness:
Spirit:
Gold:

Who are you?

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Name: Fredrick
Fitness:
Spirit:
Gold:
I simply ask where I am at.

xXEpicnushXx
xXEpicnushXx
5 posts
Nomad

Axe
Fitness:
Spirit:
Gold:

Man, since I joined I added you, you are amazing. Don't let anyone beat you, and please let me play :P

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

So. anyone going to update this thread or what.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So. anyone going to update this thread or what.

Sorry, I need a bit of time to formulate the basic plotline of this RPG in my head, and work out some concept tweaks. It'll take a day or two.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

To all of the above who have not yet responded to this, this is your first event:

You ruffle through your parent's drawers, looking for a clue.
Your hands grope around in the muffled interiors and touch blood.
This must be it - it must have been what he was after.
You grab the bloodstained box and take it near the window to see it better. It's a small safe with a lock, but the lock was broken. You open the little box. The inside if empty.
"Dammit!" you mutter to yourself.
You are just about to put it back when you notice a piece of paper at the very bottom of the box. Curiously, you fish it out and unfold it.

It appears to be a map. A map of an island, of sorts. But it's not part of any country or state that you know. There are no labels on the map except for three words, scrawled in blood. 'I am waiting' read the bloody letters.

You put your finger to the letters and are surprised to find the blood fresh. But how could this be? It happened a decade ago.
Suddenly, flashbacks occur. That night, 10 years ago. It's as fresh as today's breakfast in your mind.

You shake yourself free from the nightmare and get ready to put the paper back into the box.
...but there is no box.
Where are you? You're not in your room, at your parent's house.
Lush green vegetation surrounds you. The chirping of birds, the occasional scuffle of something crawling through the undergrowth.
The box on the ground earlier is gone. Nothing is the same, except for you and the map you are holding.
Wait...the map! Why is it here with you? You quickly glance at the map again.
It's the same map, but there's a lot more detail to it now. A small red dot flashes at a point on the map. 'City Outskirts', it reads. what is this? Is this telling you where you are? How can there be digital technology on an ordinary piece of paper? And it wasn't there before...
Before you have more time to think, a man approaches you.
He has a friendly smile on his face, and he isn't holding anything dangerous.
What do you do?

In addition, everybody: Please change your fitness and spirit stat to 1, and change your gold count to 0. Thank you.

nolaldi
nolaldi
192 posts
Shepherd

Name: Deadvimz
Fitness:1
Spirit:1
Gold:0

I run away from him

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

(Righto. Thanks for telling us that. I'll wait. By the way, this is really detailed. You dont see this much detail in an FRPG (forum RPG) on AG these days. Good work.
Random shout out to Clan Octocan! Just because.)

Name: Savell
Fitness:1
Spirit:1
Gold:0

ForNoReason
ForNoReason
126 posts
Peasant