ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Unofficial "Dark Future Clan Writing Contest"

28 9808
DarkFuture_Clan_
DarkFuture_Clan_
8 posts
Nomad

INTRODUCTION:

Hey guys! It's me (TDOG422) here for a BIG announcement! I will be holding the unofficial (and probably against the rules for that matter) writing contest! A new contest will be held every...whenever I want (not too-too long apart)! And even though this clan is mainly about writing about dark times (and maybe a few jokes in there...wow I use way to many parentheses), you can write about anything (within the AG rules of course - and I did it again) you want! I feel like there isn't enough contests in AG, so I thought I would take the risk of making this one! All you need to do is make a short story and post it as a comment! And I will have a topic for each contest (man, what is that word!)

TIMES:

The time spans will be one month for entries, one month for judging (in case this gets popular), and the break in between the contests.

EXTRA STUFF:

â¢There will be one winner and the "Notable Entries"
â¢You may only send in one short story per contest (still think of that word!) If you send in more...well figure it out
⢠Yes, you can give me ideas for the topics
â¢I give full permission to all the admins and moderators to help out as much as you want (and be the judge if I can't)

RULES:

â¢Stay within the AG rules
â¢Don't be mean to the other writers (or anyone)
â¢Don't post someone else's short story
â¢Don't repost your short story we will read all the short stories and will take all of them into consideration
â¢Have fun (DUH!)

As you can hopefully see, I hope to make this a big thing on AG and I really want it to work out because I have/want to put so much work into this!

• 28 Replies
DarkFuture_Clan_
DarkFuture_Clan_
8 posts
Nomad

The first contest (someone help me with that word!) will be announced on the 1st of December, so this has enough time to gain some popularity (JK I'll never get popular) and so I can keep track of the dates easily.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I'm somewhat confused.
So, I get the idea of it, but why didn't you ask a mod/admin if you could open this thread instead of hoping that they don't lock it or delete it.

the first contest will be announced on the 1st of December,

Anyhow, 2 weeks of a thread opened with no contest?
That's not really going to generate popularity.

one month for judging

A month for judging? That's a bit...slow.
DarkFuture_Clan_
DarkFuture_Clan_
8 posts
Nomad

So, I get the idea of it, but why didn't you ask a mod/admin if you could open this thread instead of hoping that they don't lock it or delete it.

Ok...I will

Anyhow, 2 weeks of a thread opened with no contest?
That's not really going to generate popularity.

Well it was mainly just for the easy time.

A month for judging? That's a bit...slow.

If think it shouldn't be that long, ask.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

If think it shouldn't be that long, ask.

What do you mean by 'ask?'

Oh, also, you should probably add a word count minimum/maximum to the thread otherwise people might go too short or too long.
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

If you want to keep talking would you please do it on the comments on my file?

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

If you guys are interested n this, please reply!

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Alright, so the "Theme" for this month is: Mistical Adventures (PLEASE REPLY)

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

I have an idea in mind for a story but... what is the max limit for each story?

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Considering it's a month we have to do it, I'd say 3000 words would be minimum?
But if it's a short story, iunno..

I don't know if I'd like my stories to be critiqued by someone who can't even spell their themes right.

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

I don't know if I'd like my stories to be critiqued by someone who can't even spell their themes right.

Sorry, I was in a rush, I'll be more careful next time. And the story can be any (reasonable) length you want.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Ask yourself this, "Is this thread/forum going to make it past 5 pages"?

How many ASC users actually will take the time from their day to write a 3000 ( or around) story that will be buried in spam by the time the judging is done. Maybe you could add something too this whole thing to make it more interesting?

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

All this things going around...

Just sayin... All these arguments and stuff out there isn't really gonna help this thread... It all depends on this guy's commitment to the thread. Anyways, to help this guy, I am just going to write my entry...

Here it goes

The day of destiny has arrived. Clad in his valiant armour, wielding his legendary sword with great valor and peeping out through his brilliant helmet, Sir Ronald faced his greatest enemy he ever encountered; The Evil Dragon lord Clement, oppressor of mankind, slayer of justice and taker of purity. The ultimate battle between good and evil was at stake boiling lava scorched the nasty air of the evil king's lair.

"FOOL! You dare mock me by blabbering a challenge at me?! Your arrogance will be your downfall, Mortal!" The vicious marauder taunted at Ronald.

But Ronald took no heed of his boasts and swagger, his mind was only focused on 2 things; His beloved kingdom and his lovely princess, Marcel. With no second thoughts, Ronald struck the pre-emptive blow to Clement but with a swift parry, Ronald's blade was bounced off.

"FOOL! You think cheap shots will break me? Come at me like a man!"

A true melee then ensured as swords clashed together like thunderclaps across a stormy typhoon.

But the wind has changed, an uncounted strike flew towards the chest of Ronald. He fell to the floor with the macabre blade in his chest... and his vision started to blur... But strangely, to Ronald, it did not entirely fade... but instead, begun to re materialise...

Ronald woke up on a cardboard bed, and took a glimpse on the syringe on his arm, the brown fluid in it was gone... There was no more left... The fantasy for him has died, but then, the terrible visions have begun to appear, visions of demons, fire, suffering and terror... Sir Ronald, fallen by the hands of the Evil Dragon Lord clement, for Ronald knew only pain, suffering and terror would only ensure those who chase the dark dragon...
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Ask yourself this, "Is this thread/forum going to make it past 5 pages"?

Thanks for the support bro! Really appreciate it!

How many ASC users actually will take the time from their day to write a 3000 ( or around) story that will be buried in spam by the time the judging is done.

I already said it doesn't need to be that long, just look at ChromeDeathRazor's post, great length. I really am giving the length option up to you.

Maybe you could add something too this whole thing to make it more interesting?

Maybe you could help me with that?

It all depends on this guy's commitment to the thread.

This post makes me feel like I could fly, I don't know why, but it does. Truly, thanks. And don't worry, this is going to be my main priority on AG now (and AG is something I go on at least 5 times a day).

Anyways, to help this guy, I am just going to write my entry...

Thank you! BTW great story!
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

[quote]Ask yourself this, "Is this thread/forum going to make it past 5 pages"?
Thanks for the support bro! Really appreciate it![/quote]

It is a legit question.

I really am giving the length option up to you.

There still should be a designated length. (minimum and maximum)

Anyway. I like the idea of the thread, but I don't know if you're the right person to run it.
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

It is a legit question.

Ya, but it's still kind of mean.

I like the idea of the thread, but I don't know if you're the right person to run it.

And why do you think that? (Serious question)
Showing 1-15 of 28