ForumsArt, Music, and WritingDaleks Does Art

52 21391
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Meh. Because of tons of peer pressure I have chosen out of not so free will to make this thread. I will post slowly things I have made through the years and then shamefully hide under the covers as people laugh at them.

So without further ado here is the first picture that I have chosen to upload:
http://i.imgur.com/O1lHB.jpg

• 52 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Ya, a pretty bad self portrait of myself. But hey, you guys sorta know what I look like now, sorta...in a badly drawn way.
http://i.imgur.com/RMygY.jpg

Do you do digital drawings Oo

Usually it isn't really me drawing, more of just putting pictures together and Photoshopping them to awesomeness.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

So, the shading is good.
Eyes and glasses on the left side are a little bit off and out of proportion.
The hand looks a little bit weird, but meh.
Nose and mouth are drawn rather well.
Overall; it's pretty good.

Post more, keep it up.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

pretty bad

I think it is might be at least 120 percent better than anything I can manage, so it can't be that bad. It's just unpracticed. self portraits are generally hard to do, compared to, well, anything, because one thing is sitting there staring at someone else, while drawing them, or thinking up imaginary figures or something, another is staring at yourself, observing your own movements and imperfections and shadows and highlight and, well, everything.
Because you are drawing yourself, and you will get really conscious about it being you, when you are drawing. Also, your subject will be an idiot and keep moving.

So, yeah, critique above seems accurate.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

It looks good overall, Horror already pointed out that bit about the eyes, also the hair on the right side is stopping about two inches above the ear. Or rather the ear is stopping before the ear, unless you were trying to do something with perspective?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

O look. My art thread. I should really update this. I have done a few things that I should post here.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Here is a link, because the picture is really big. I made this for my sister's birthday.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

You are a good artist man. I really like the Kingdom Hearts drawing of Meta Knight and Darth Vader. This has a lot of potential indeed.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Says he's leaving... comes back later and then brings back an old art thread of his.

So your sister is in IU, huh? That'd be a nice college to go to.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

the Kingdom Hearts drawing

What? I don't think I posted a KH drawing.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

What? I don't think I posted a KH drawing.

Right. Got confused. I thought your first drawing was of Kingdom Hearts seeing as you keep talking about it. Well I still like it, Kingdom Hearts or no.
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Needs moar...

I dunno what it needs more of, lets see 1...2...3...

anyways I was wondering if i could suggest "Daleks Does Art...for puns" or "Daleks Does Art for Pretzels", dunno I find myself lacking art because I hate drawing for myself, dunno was just wondering what "Daleks Does Art ...for" just trying to see moar and maybe get some insight on your art

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Let's see what happens if I just place this image. It think it is really too big but whatever.
http://i.imgur.com/MQBDq3U.jpg
Link so when the image is really large you can just click this and be all happy. I should really scale down these pictures because the resolution is so high but I am lazy, so ya.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

O look, it scales it down for me. Awesome. Here is the previous picture then, which I just had as a link before.
http://i.imgur.com/NFXL9pu.jpg

dunno was just wondering what "Daleks Does Art ...for"

I do art for my art classes. Don't know how much I will be doing now that I am in college. Depends on if I get any good ideas and how much free time I have.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Aye what this existed what.

I didn't know you could draw.
Well you probably told me one time but then I forgot but whatever.

yeah dude you're pretty great. I suck at the art thing, but I do know that if you practice a lot and then try to analyze it and such, see what you did wrong and how to make it better and etc etc. You'd improve~

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Aye what this existed what.

Bronze and Cen bullied me into making it.
I didn't know you could draw.
Well you probably told me one time but then I forgot but whatever.

Never told you as far as I can remember. I can draw but I don't draw. All my drawings are from by freshman year when I took drawing. Everything after that is all digital art, usually where I did not draw anything but pieced pictures together to make something cool, like the Pokemon case.
Showing 16-30 of 52