ForumsNews and FeedbackMerit Suggestion

21 7830
toprichieboy
toprichieboy
82 posts
Nomad

Hi guys.

I just wanted to suggest a "merit" report that could be added to armorgames. When I go browse on The community, sometimes I see comments or postings that are definitely worthy of a merit. I Suggest that next to the abuse flag, theres is a merit flag to report something worthy. People with good comments should be rewarded

• 21 Replies
JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

Well, I see this as a cool feature.

Would give those people who want merits a chance. I've seen people who deserve merits but don't get it.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I don't believe this would help do anything other than make the Mods' job harder, as DayCee said.

If someone really wanted a merit, they could just participate in SIPPYCUPS.

Something that would be nice in a kind of half merit, which is awarded for comments that are above average, but not exactly meritorious. (and would have a much smaller reward, like 5 or 10 ap instead of 25)

Maybe, but there are already AP rewards for comments too, I mean...
Arfburger
Arfburger
4 posts
Constable

I think this would be feasible if the user couldn't recommend his/her own comment for a merit, and the comment would have to earn at least 10 votes in order to be considered by a mod/admin.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Quite tepmting need more votes!

Huh..? What?? No no..we don't vote here..just suggestions

I think this would be feasible if the user couldn't recommend his/her own comment for a merit

But they could have friends do so, they will still find ways to spam their own comments in
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

As, apparently? the only one who were around when the up-voting system was still working, or at least with the memory of it, it went something like this:

Someone typed a comment. There would be a green arrow next to it, for people to click if they found it to be helpful and awesome and stuff. This made the comment appear in a larger font, so it was more visible when people scrolled down the comment list.
If a mod went to check the game comments, they would notice it, but they could easily ignore it, if it was not worth giving a merit for.
It would just continue to appear bigger than the other comments and that was it.

As for the suggestion, it will be really odd if people start getting merits for forum posts, but that might just be nostalgia speaking, and please don't make it so that the mods are notified when something is clicked, because that is just annoying, and they will probably start thinking up an appropriate revenge when it happens often enough (and it will, because, as mentioned, a lot of people have friends and seeing how many people behave around AP and merits, there would be a lot of unnecessary and undeserved upvoting. Probably sockpuppet accounts as well, in case people need those extra five-ten upvotes).

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Its not like the comment pages per game are so hard to scroll through for merit worthy comments. Most are one liners at best, chunks stand out like a sore thumb.

Showing 16-21 of 21