ForumsWEPRU.S.A Vs U.K. Which is better?

80 29924
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I say U.K. We have gun control, which helps keep the homicide rate down. We also have free healthcare for all. That's a start;what do you think?

• 80 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Wow. Really. I see people getting mad about this thread. Honestly though it really depends on what you want. UK is just too rainy for me.

khaiduong
khaiduong
22 posts
Peasant

to me i would think U.S because they have a lot of standing army and military forces

Coyote421
Coyote421
27 posts
Nomad

I'd say U.S. because of the nature that's been kept [mostly] intact. But I've never been to or lived in the U.K. so I can't be sure.

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

I don't comment much anymore. And I'm going to come out and say this Bluntly. You're a moron. No country is really better than your own. You will always be biased.

Coyote421
Coyote421
27 posts
Nomad

I don't comment much anymore. And I'm going to come out and say this Bluntly. You're a moron. No country is really better than your own. You will always be biased.

It's that degree of nationalism that never lets the opinions end.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I prefer the U.S. This link explains it all.

AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

Why would I want to live somewhere that doesn't let me carry or even own a gun or forces me to buy sub-par insurance?

USA all day.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

The US.
We have lots of old traditions that have lived on. (Baseball, Football) And also, I live in the US. How would i know what it is like in the UK without living there? ;P

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So many ways you can go on this to argue who is better in which category (such as economy, military, etc)...but I'm guessing how you mean better isn't by comparison of these categories..but for personal preference.

For me..I'll just open up my military strategist me...U.S.A.
Especially now...it would be extremely difficult for the U.K. to win against the U.S. in a head-to-head war. Extremely..difficult

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

As a foreigner, I think the U.K is better for me for some reasons...

1 - There are lots of Beautiful landmarks like old castles and natural places for a medieval buff like me and more WW2 historical sites than in the US, which I am very interested in.

2 - Healthcare there is Free.

3 - Its rather safe in there; you will not have to worry about mad gunmen whilst watching Batman... or Studying in your school...

4 - The countrysides are very remote and peaceful for peace loving people like me.

However, I like the US too you know, especially the video games they make and the American Football and don't forget, E3 is mostly held in the US. But still, if given a chance for a tour, I would rather go to Europe...

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Why would I want to live somewhere that doesn't let me carry or even own a gun or forces me to buy sub-par insurance?

You..you do realize that also describes the US, right? Right? Of course you do.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

2 - Healthcare there is Free.

No it's not.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Healthcare there is Free.

How can it be? How would the doctors get paid? ;P
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

No it's not.

Not sure of UK itself, but, we seem to have adopted most of their laws anyway.

And here;
Public hospitals are free if you've got a medical card which are very easily obtainable.
If you earn under a certain amount per week, (I'm not too sure of the total) your health care is taken care of free, i.e a medical card.

you will not have to worry about mad gunmen whilst watching Batman... or Studying in your school...

People still have guns over there, just not legally.
Although; some people do have them for legal purposes.

How would the doctors get paid?

Taxes.
Doctors and Nurses wages are paid for by the Health Service/Government here.
dawnofawesomeness
dawnofawesomeness
2 posts
Nomad

I truly can't say which one I would prefer. Like xXxDAPRO89xXx said, how would you know what one of the countries was like if you've only lived in one(or neither). The only way to make a fair choice is to have lived in both. That's the way I see it.

Showing 1-15 of 80