Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

U.S.A Vs U.K. Which is better?

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 12:33am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,890 posts

So many ways you can go on this to argue who is better in which category (such as economy, military, etc)...but I'm guessing how you mean better isn't by comparison of these categories..but for personal preference.

For me..I'll just open up my military strategist me...U.S.A.
Especially now...it would be extremely difficult for the U.K. to win against the U.S. in a head-to-head war. Extremely..difficult

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 1:34am

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

407 posts

As a foreigner, I think the U.K is better for me for some reasons...

1 - There are lots of Beautiful landmarks like old castles and natural places for a medieval buff like me and more WW2 historical sites than in the US, which I am very interested in.

2 - Healthcare there is Free.

3 - Its rather safe in there; you will not have to worry about mad gunmen whilst watching Batman... or Studying in your school...

4 - The countrysides are very remote and peaceful for peace loving people like me.

However, I like the US too you know, especially the video games they make and the American Football and don't forget, E3 is mostly held in the US. But still, if given a chance for a tour, I would rather go to Europe...

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 2:40am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

Why would I want to live somewhere that doesn't let me carry or even own a gun or forces me to buy sub-par insurance?

You..you do realize that also describes the US, right? Right? Of course you do.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 11:32am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,297 posts

Knight

2 - Healthcare there is Free.

No it's not.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 11:40am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

6,860 posts

Healthcare there is Free.

How can it be? How would the doctors get paid? ;P

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 11:51am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

900 posts

No it's not.

Not sure of UK itself, but, we seem to have adopted most of their laws anyway.

And here;
Public hospitals are free if you've got a medical card which are very easily obtainable.
If you earn under a certain amount per week, (I'm not too sure of the total) your health care is taken care of free, i.e a medical card.

you will not have to worry about mad gunmen whilst watching Batman... or Studying in your school...

People still have guns over there, just not legally.
Although; some people do have them for legal purposes.

How would the doctors get paid?

Taxes.
Doctors and Nurses wages are paid for by the Health Service/Government here.

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 11:19am

dawnofawesomeness

dawnofawesomeness

2 posts

I truly can't say which one I would prefer. Like xXxDAPRO89xXx said, how would you know what one of the countries was like if you've only lived in one(or neither). The only way to make a fair choice is to have lived in both. That's the way I see it.

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 1:32am

sysy

sysy

5 posts

Well...we have a better military and a better economy (although both the U.S. and the U.K.'s economy SUCKS).

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 2:01am

ironblade41

ironblade41

530 posts

I really don't care because I have this feeling that this might have been made to start a controversy, not just for seeing who liked what.

Posted Nov 23, '12 at 4:42pm

Nightfang21

Nightfang21

123 posts

Even though USA is in a one way **** hole i still stand by her anyday.

Reply to U.S.A Vs U.K. Which is better?

You must be logged in to post a reply!