ForumsWEPRU.S.A Vs U.K. Which is better?

80 29923
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I say U.K. We have gun control, which helps keep the homicide rate down. We also have free healthcare for all. That's a start;what do you think?

• 80 Replies
Solarisflair
Solarisflair
6 posts
Farmer

In my opinion the US and UK ere evenly matched. For example the UK invented the internet but the US made it available to everybody. And Dr. Who was made in the UK but the US has area 51.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

For example the UK invented the internet but the US made it available to everybody.

and a german made the 1st bit computer. whitout him we would still need a entire room for 1 computer. and the screen in another.
Solarisflair
Solarisflair
6 posts
Farmer

and a German made the 1st bit computer. without him we would still need a entire room for 1 computer. and the screen in another.

Good for him. What's your point?
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

Well, this is getting moronic.

xxcommandoxx97
xxcommandoxx97
11 posts
Nomad

The USA is better bc we have good tech and military. We are a republic and are allowed to own guns to be able to fight against a government that is turning into a tyrannical government. We are also just awesome!

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

[/quote] We are a republic and are allowed to own guns to be able to fight against a government that is turning into a tyrannical government. We are also just awesome![quote]
Firstly, why is being a republic so great compared to having say, free health care? Second, how can you advocate gun ownership at this time? Just after some school children were killed by a psycho with an assault rifle? Thirdly, Obama is not a tyrant. He's doing what he thinks is right. And who wouldn't like to see laws that prevent random maniacs owning assault weapons?

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

"Yankee doodle went to town,riding on a pony..."
That means I like USA.UK is more rainy and dark,perfect for Jack the Ripper.Yeah,that means I hate horrors.UK is more like a tourist atraction,USA is better for raising a family.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Actually some parts of the UK tend to be quite nice and sunny, especially the most southern parts, don't forget that parts of England are quite close to France and even if we don't have the exact same climate there's still a lot of nice and warm weather to be had.

Further, the weather in the UK may be 'dreary' sometimes, but at least there aren't large swathes of the UK that are prone to hurricanes and the like. We may have the occasional drought or flood in some areas but it's by no means a large-scale natural disaster.

Also, the UK is a 'tourist attraction'? Mate, you ever been to the UK? We might have cultural heritage sites and the like but believe me when I say that 99% of the UK is places that tourists would never want to go.

If you'd like to approach the argument from that viewpoint then I submit that the USA is more touristy. It's got the hot weather that tourists like, it's got loads of attractions and restaurants and hotels that tourists like and it's an English-speaking country that a lot of Europeans like because pretty much all of Europe speaks English (at least as a second language).

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

"Yankee doodle went to town,riding on a pony..."
That means I like USA

I'm guessing someone doesn't know that that song was made by the English to mock the Americans? =p
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Ya, if tourists go to England, they go to London. USA has far more bigger cities, and landscapes that actually attract many tourists.

And about the hurricane thing Avorne mentioned.. I still don't understand why houses in America are built so badly. They're basically papercard houses, plant a parket on the ground, put some walls on it and a roof on top, and voila. And this despite the hurricanes. Or because of?
Whatever, I really prefer old stone buildings by far. Besides, dark is good

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it's actually kind of sad, especially when you get Americans who've been to England and seem really enthusiastic about it and you ask them stuff about anywhere outside of London and they know absolutely nothing.

I'd imagine that some American housing (I don't want to generalize and say 'all' because there are quite a few nice examples of non-flimsy housing) is built the way it is thanks to things like cost + easy of access of materials and their population boom hitting a lot harder than the UK's - thus creating a demand for affordable housing built quickly.

SeaTurtle
SeaTurtle
116 posts
Nomad

I lived in suburban Manchester, England til I was 15. It's one of the most soul-crushingly gloomy places on earth, but I have a weird affection for it. I live in the U.S. which is more cheery, but my heart belongs in Blighty.

Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

.[I don't comment much anymore. And I'm going to come out and say this Bluntly. You're a moron. No country is really better than your own. You will always be biased.]

not true i think ireland whoops all your butts and im american

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

I like UK for its cold and USA for vast variety of weathers and enviroments.

zeus999
zeus999
31 posts
Shepherd

Just saying about the gun thingy everyones you know talking about is kinda obvious what obama's doing he just getting his foot in the door of gun control I'm guessing eventually guns will be banned in general. Also fun fact armed robberies in Australia increased after guns were banned. Homicides that's also kinda stupid if someone wants to ill themselves they could its not that hard.

Showing 61-75 of 80