ForumsThe TavernThe book club

48 7424
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I know its sound like a thing that 35 single moms with proble with the self-estime do, but yet it can be nice.

We choose a book, everyone read it and then we talk about it. anyone in?

• 48 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Hardy boys obviously, though i have read 75% of them.
To be honest, I read mostly Nancy Drew, mainly because they were easy to get a hold of, but eventually stopped because each story is pretty much the same.

My favorite Categories:
Fantasy: Inheritance Cycle, LOTR trilogy, The Hobbit
Science Fiction: Stories present in the Science Fiction Hall of Fame, trying to think of others besides star wars.
TOM CLANCY: I love his books, but don't know how to classify them (and I mean his actual books, not stuff like OP Center or other series CREATED (not Written) by Tom Clancy).

~~~Darth Caedus
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD.

Wouldn't mind reading this, or the majority of the books you posted.
sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Percy Jackson
Saga of Darren Shan
The Demonata
Anthony Horowitz Books

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Percy Jackson
Saga of Darren Shan
The Demonata
Anthony Horowitz Books

All great books if you're 11.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I for one would like to read the full version of The Odyssey or The Illiad. Our English class is reading "excerpts" from The Odyssey in our literacy textbook, which often glazes over important events and even whole books with small summaries of them! Preposterous!

To kill a mockingbird was a good book, except I had to annotate it which made it not so very fun...

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

tommorow ill give the book name. Everyone else want to join?

spinmove
spinmove
25 posts
Nomad

I think this is a fun idea, I will join.

I mostly like to read fantasy and horror.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Do you already know what book it is or are you still unsure?

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Nicholas Flamel series

There are bound to be tons of series about Nicholas Flamel and alchemy. Plus, I've already read The Alchemyst. I think a good book would be... maybe a Dan Brown book or something. He's a great writer.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

And teh first book is....

World War Z?

and why this book? well, out of many reasons, i got a link to a place you can read it fro free....
here it is

The format in this one is quite crappy, as it not orginized in 'ages' like in the book, but yet i belvie you can handle it.

afcours, if you can borrow the book or even buy it its teh best.

Enjoy!

PS - tell me when you finished teh book, and even if you read it befor, read it again.

Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

The Alchemist

I read the first one but never could find the title for the second. can you help me?
I feel this would have split discussions very easily...

One group would be talking about how cool the Count was and the stuff he did

The other group would be talking about the deterioration of The Count's view of right and wrong and if his actions are heroic or those of a villain?

that is one of the most interesting parts of it though you see people see the count as a good guy but others see him as a villain. It all depends on your perspective of the book. I consider him as a neutral guy for now, because I haven't gotten very far and I have just been introduced to him.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I'm too lazy to go find somewhere to buy it or to go to the library and see if they have it so I'll probably just read the link you gave.

Is there like a limit we have to read/when do you plan on choosing the next book?

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

I'll try and join this eventually, but I'm in the middle of another really interesting book, and I really don't want to put it down until I finish it

One question I have is how are we going to talk about the books if we all read at different paces? It might take some people a month to read it, and others a few days. We have to avoid spoilers, so we can't talk about it at each person's pace.

I'd like to reccommend some books that a lot of people have never read, or I think we should explore different categories of books we might not usually read, but may find interesting.

Reccommendations:
Of Mice And Men, The Outsiders, Touch The Top Of The World(by:Eric Weihenmayer), Mistborn trilogy, Rules of Survival, Searching for David's Heart, Daniel X

These are some of the books I have read in the last year or so, and they are of many genres and reading levels.

I read the first one but never could find the title for the second. can you help me?

The Magician is the second one. A great series of books.
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

I will get world war Z at the library. I actually just finished Mark of Athena(part of the percy jackson thing) two nights ago. it took me 2 hours. to kill a mockingbird took me about 6 hours just because of the language style. INHERITANCE CYCLE. Eragon(the first book) must be our next book. An amazing story(crappy movie). that series is my second favorite of all time. it is AMAZING.

take some people a month to read it, and others a few days

yeah I'll be done in a few hours when i get the book...How long should i expect to wait for you guys...?
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Got a hold placed (won't get it for a while though, it is checked out), make the next story something like the classic science fiction from geniuses such as H. G. Wells.

~~~Darth Caedus

Showing 16-30 of 48