ForumsForum GamesWorld in Conflict (City Builder)

154 19648
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

the year is 1984, Tensions between the Eastern Bloc, and NATO are boiling over. Neither side wants to step down, and large build up of forces are everywhere The Doomsday Clock is now at 11:57 The only time it's been closer to doomsday (Midnight) was in 1957. (Historical Divergence) Now many nations are dissolving into internal conflict, only a few nations manage to hold their own, but lose a lot of territory, whether it be for Communism, Democracy, Neither, or just plain Anarchy. Now much of Europe, Asia, and even a lot of the Americas are dissolved into squabbling city states, with (for the times) primitive technology like simple bolt action rifles, and basics for civilization (Agriculture, basic buildings, a list of simple laws, etc.).

Sheet:
Leader Name:
Description:
Bio: optional
Faction: This is what your city state fights for: Democracy, Communism, or Neutral, remember, if you're gonna play a Democratic russian city state, or a communist British city state, don't expect to have any allies
---------
City Name: Can be real, or made up, don't be silly
City Standard:
Population:8,000 (Split between the below 3)
Workers:
Scientists:
Soldiers:
Soldier Types: Militia
---------
Buildings: 800 Houses, Town Hall, Conscription Center,
Vehicles: (For War) none
Defenses: none
Allies: none
Enemies:
ResourcesCatch all currency)50,000
Morale: Average
Events: Your city State has been formed

this will focus on war (and peace), for the most part. And i believe this is it.

• 154 Replies
maxaznboy
maxaznboy
216 posts
Peasant

Leader Name: Glades
Description: Average male: black hair, brown eyes, etc;
Bio: The only reason why he is a leader is because while everyone else seems to conflict over it, Glades couldn't care less about the position -- to much responsibilities and such. Knowing that he wouldn't abuse the power of command, others start to nominate and look at him as their leader, soon nearly everyone did, and with no supporters, soon too did the other leader candidates.
Faction: Neutral
Nationality:Austrian
Area: (naturally) Austria
---------
City Name: Frontrosis
City Standard: Black Flag
Population:8,000
Workers: 4000
Scientists: 1000
Soldiers: 3000
---------
Buildings: 800 Houses, Town Hall, Conscription Center, 100 Farms, Resource Storage
Enemies:
Events: , 2 small watchtowers: 3 turns, school: 4 turns, Medium Agriculture: 2 turns, 200 houses:4 turns

delicious leaves and berries

anywho you take about, all of them, in without a fight
Hmm, first order of business, I'll have 50 scientists start creating a map of what the areas I've explored so far, and another 100 scientist work on domesticating the deers so they don't run away.

Ps. Just noticed that you haven't been ticking the turns lately. As of this post, my watchtowers should be done, from page 12 till now(4 = 3 posts + this one). On another similar not, I was building 4 watchtowers and now it's only 2, so I'm thinking the first 2 are already built, but they aren't on the buildings section
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Leader Name: Savell the Mighty
Description: 180 Lbs, muscular, 5'11", brown eyes, black hair, and a Now shaved chin.
Bio: Proud and physically powerful, able to brawl his way out of the loudest tavern and yet delicately difuse a a tense situation.
Faction: Neither
Nationality: American
----------
City Name: New Hope
City Standard: A green cross on a white field.
Population:7,990 (Split between the below 3)
Workers:3500
Scientists:2500
Soldiers:1990
---------
Buildings: 800 Houses, Town Hall, Conscription Center, lumber mill, quarry, farm, Small watch tower, Agricultural Research Center, Triage building
Tech: Bolt Action Rifles, Advanced Agricultural Tool (Iron ploughs, iron scythes, etc.), Rudimentary medical practices
Enemies:
Resources:45,000
Morale:Above-Average
Events: Flak Jackets: 1 turns,, 200 houses: 2 turns, 1,000 population: 1 turns, Scope:10 turns
Bio: The only reason why he is a leader is because while everyone else seems to conflict over it, Glades couldn't care less about the position -- to much responsibilities and such. Knowing that he wouldn't abuse the power of command, others start to nominate and look at him as their leader, soon nearly everyone did, and with no supporters, soon too did the other leader candidates.
---------
---------
Buildings: 800 Houses, Town Hall, Conscription Center, 100 Farms, Resource Storage, 4 small watchtowers
Tech: Rudimentary Agriculture
Enemies:
Events: school: 1 turns, 200 houses:1 turns
you don't even know what mint looks like

sorry, fixed

after a few days, you gain a simple map of the surrounding 50 miles

they don't seem to want to, you're not sure why

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Description: 180 Lbs, muscular, 5'11", brown eyes, black hair, and a Now shaved chin.
Bio: Proud and physically powerful, able to brawl his way out of the loudest tavern and yet delicately difuse a a tense situation.
----------
Population:7,990 (Split between the below 3)
---------
Buildings: 800 Houses, Town Hall, Conscription Center, lumber mill, quarry, farm, Small watch tower, Agricultural Research Center, Triage building
Tech: Bolt Action Rifles, Advanced Agricultural Tool (Iron ploughs, iron scythes, etc.), Rudimentary medical practices
Enemies:
Events: Flak Jackets: 1 turns,, 200 houses: 2 turns, 1,000 population: 1 turns, Scope:10 turns

Did I NOT recieve any education whatsoever? Is my character a country bumpkin? You said this game was technologically set about WWI, and I dont even know what mint looks like??? You're kidding. You've got to be kidding...what's my character's educational backstory?

Also, read the second half of my post; me and my scientists are looking for herbs as well as mint. You know, small, good-smelling plants that can be used to treat a very wide variety of diseases and ailments as well as making GREAT tea?

(Dont forget to tick your turns for me as well.)

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

----------
Population:8,990 (Split between the below 3)
---------
Tech: Bolt Action Rifles, Advanced Agricultural Tool (Iron ploughs, iron scythes, etc.), Rudimentary medical practices, Flak Jackets
Enemies:
Events: , 200 houses: 1 turns, Scope:9 turns

so, throw your iphone in the trash, and your computer, leave your house wander into a field, with one plant of mint, now find it.

yeah it's more guess what doesn't kill me than actual work with herbs

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

----------
---------
Tech: Bolt Action Rifles, Advanced Agricultural Tool (Iron ploughs, iron scythes, etc.), Rudimentary medical practices, Flak Jackets
Enemies:

....? What's an iphone?...Back in my day, we read books on subjects. Books of paper, with words of ink. Not words of electrical signals. Back in MY day, we learned without the internet or computer. I only use this old Windows ME (Yes, it's very old and still works.) to play games on this site.

I will do exactly what you implied and pick plants, smell them, taste them, and judge based on smell and taste if they're poisonous or not. I'm looking for a strong, fresh-smelling plant that I plan on calling mint, simply because I like how the name sounds.

(I should've told you. I'm Amish, at least, used to be, before I left Lancaster for the big city of *Cannot reveal because personal information*. I still live according to tradition, mostly, but I do like these forum games!)

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

----------
---------
Enemies:

you used to be amish, well hot **** you're way older than i expected

you find a very strong tasting plant, very distinctive, not poisonus, at least after a few hours you feel fine

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

----------
---------
Enemies:

I'm 17. What, did you think I was 70 or something? I left fairly early.
I'm also Wiccan, in case your wondering about my religion. An Amish Wiccan-no, you really cant get any more primitive tech-wise than that. And please answer my question: What is an iphone?

Nice. I'll name it Mint, and pick lots of the stuff, bringing it back to the city.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

----------
---------
Enemies:

it's a phone, made by the company apple.

you find a lot of the plants and bring it back, delicious

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

----------
---------
Enemies:

I have some of the scientists analyze the plant, and take some of it home and steep it in water. Wonder what will happen?
(...? Oh.)

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

----------
---------
Enemies:

it makes soaked leaves, some kind of nasty plant tasting water

yeah, steve jobs? use google to look it up

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

----------
---------
Enemies:

Yuck. I want good tea, darn it. Mint's too nice a name for this foul-smelling plant. I throw it away and check on how far my scientists have analyzed it.
(Do I automatically gain resources each turn? I'm stuck at 45000.)

maxaznboy
maxaznboy
216 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Buildings: 800 Houses, Town Hall, Conscription Center, 100 Farms, Resource Storage, 4 small watchtowers
Enemies:
Events: school: 1 turns, 200 houses:1 turn

they don't seem to want to, you're not sure why

Well, if they aren't going to run away, might as well just raise them; I'll have 1000 workers (had 2000 working on towers (see page 4)) work on building a barn and pen. The last 1000, I'll split into two groups, of 500, and have them work on building sawmills and mines.

Next, I'll have 500 scientists work on a better preservation method and 400 work on a better transportation method (if can).

I'll have the last 50 scientists go with 500 militias and add to the map, while the last 50 start working on more maps, 10 should do it.

---------------------------------------------
Ps. Mind if I ask how much deers were caught? And how much are fawn, duos, and stags (babies, females, males)? Thanks.

(Do I automatically gain resources each turn? I'm stuck at 45000.)

Ps2. Which reminds me, did my buildings use resources? I still have my 50k.
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

----------
---------
Enemies:

you need to send workers to work them, and naturally if overworked the resource simply goes away

---------
---------
Enemies:
ResourcesCatch all currency)30,000
Events: school: 1 turns, 200 houses:1 turn, Barn/pen:: 3 turns, Sawmill: 3 turns, Mine: 3 turns, Iceboxes: 6 turns

10k resources for that

short of an engine, not really

they come back with no more map, stating there was a small sort of armed camp about 50 miles out, in the mountains

------

20, 5 Stags, 10 does, 5 fawn

fix'd, read above for how to get resources

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

----------
---------
Enemies:

Righto. Houses should be finishing up, so I send 500 workers each to my quarry, lumbermill, and farm, and have the rest build a storehouse.
I go out into the field again and look for some nice-smelling plants, but not like the first one.

maxaznboy
maxaznboy
216 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Enemies:
ResourcesCatch all currency)30,000
Events: school: 1 turns, 200 houses:1 turn, Barn/pen:: 3 turns, Sawmill: 3 turns, Mine: 3 turns, Iceboxes: 6 turns

short of an engine, not really
Err, wheel and axile -- pretty much a wagon, wasn't trying to go for cars right out.

they come back with no more map, stating there was a small sort of armed camp about 50 miles out, in the mountains
I ask them how much 'men' then had and what type of arms(weapons and armor) and supplies(vechiles and resources, mainly) they have. I had 500 militias go with the scientists, so they were probably ambushed some now, so I'll ask them to point to where they were attacked and what the terrain was, and adding that to one of the maps that were completed while they were away.
I'll have the last 50 scientists go with 500 militias and add to the map, while the last 50 start working on more maps, 10 should do it.

-------------------------------
10k resources for that
10k for both or one each?

you need to send workers to work them, and naturally if overworked the resource simply goes away
Hmm, I asked something similar to this before...

Question - page 10-4th post
Ps. Do farms need worker to work them? I'd think they do, but some games don't... then again this is a more RL game.

Answer - page 10-7th post
anyone who isn't listed in the population is hard working

Clarification Question, page 11-4th post
Ps. So I take it that there are more population then the 8000 listed, and those are our 'roducers' (E.g: miners, farmers, lumberjacks, etc)?

Answer, page 11-5th post
Basically
Showing 136-150 of 154