ForumsThe TavernWhat if... Again!!!

13 1754
dr_doughnut
dr_doughnut
72 posts
Nomad

Another exciting "What if?" question. What if all electricity was taken away? How mad would you be? Would you buy it illegally? Would you start a riot against the person who put the plan into action?
Personally, I'd be bored half the time because mostly I'm texting, playing video games, watching stupid stuff on the computer, or making these questions. I would be very, very mad. I probably wouldn't buy it illegally.Yes, I would start a riot against the person who thought of the idea of taking away electricity.

• 13 Replies
tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Well, I have a few generators but I'd be pretty annoyed if someone shut down the power. Blackouts are the closest I've had to actually not having power, and it was was pretty boring =P

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Wait..didn't you have a thread called what if not too long ago? If so..don't make a new thread...keep 'em all on there

dr_doughnut
dr_doughnut
72 posts
Nomad

Wait..didn't you have a thread called what if not too long ago? If so..don't make a new thread...keep 'em all on there
Sorry. I'll keep that in mind.
fireangle
fireangle
176 posts
Nomad

I would be bored to death but just so people know this effects more than just your TV, phone, computer, or video games. some ovens and stove tops run electricity as does the fridge and microwave. Some clocks and coffee machines wouldn't work. Everone would have to use candles because lightbulbs wouldn't work. Everone would have to read newspaper again to know about anything. Alot of stores would go out of buisseness because they use elctricity. From that I would conclude a lot of people would die because they normally buy food at a store or can't adjust to the change. Those of us who adjust would have to learn to survive by our selves on books that tell us what plants are ok to eat and what aren't. Hunting would be popular because meat is not easy to get fresh. Those of us who live on farms would have an easier time because, let's just face it, farmers are tough. Overall the human race has a 50/50 chance of survival.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

To be honest, humans nowadays wouldn't be able to live without electricity.
No lights, heaters or electrical products?
Many people would struggle to get by each day.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

To be honest, humans nowadays wouldn't be able to live without electricity.

Honestly...if electricity was gone I'd probably make myself a bath, hop in, then toss my toaster in. I wouldn't be able to handle it
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Does anyone watch "Revolution"? People would go around killing people for supplies and crap.

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

i would laugh because everything i need is mechanical.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

just so people know this effects more than just your TV, phone, computer, or video games. some ovens and stove tops run electricity as does the fridge and microwave. Some clocks and coffee machines wouldn't work. Everone would have to use candles because lightbulbs wouldn't work. Everone would have to read newspaper again to know about anything. Alot of stores would go out of buisseness because they use elctricity. From that I would conclude a lot of people would die because they normally buy food at a store or can't adjust to the change. Those of us who adjust would have to learn to survive by our selves on books that tell us what plants are ok to eat and what aren't. Hunting would be popular because meat is not easy to get fresh. Those of us who live on farms would have an easier time because, let's just face it, farmers are tough.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDJ7boiGSXXRoI2iApBjO0jN-7yyIIxm-cF1_QKxmkNrI87Hxvbg

I've got a front door key to Mt Cheyenne. I'm good.
pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

guys you due relize that alot more then you guys think about would happen the space machines you have up in space would lose all control and fall to earth nucler power plants would explode planes would fall out of the sky boats would be stuck dams would be stuck (sorry if it filters it out but if it is i put d-a-ms but not the bad word the kind that beavers and you build) there would be trafic problems and humans would mostly go extinct but being an alien this wouldent really effect me

yourawesomeness
yourawesomeness
103 posts
Peasant

how'd u get that picture there!? i've been trying to put rage comics on the forum for forever!

yourawesomeness
yourawesomeness
103 posts
Peasant

i meant rage faces

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

No need for a new thread about the same idea. Post in the other one and tell us what you want the thread title to be. We can do that, you know. Just ask.

Showing 1-13 of 13