ForumsNews and FeedbackGIF Armatars

39 10208
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Is it possible that sometime in the future armatars could be GIFs? Anyone else like this idea?

• 39 Replies
itman2
itman2
37 posts
Jester

i don't think we should i don't want to see cartoons moving around everywhere

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

GIF armatars? I don't like it. Would make the forums look like heck.

If it was only available to those with 7,000 AP or more, then I support. That way, everyone doesn't have one.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

If it was only available to those with 7,000 AP or more, then I support. That way, everyone doesn't have one.

But think about this...many users are spamming now just to get higher AP and better armatars...imagine if that system was implemented with all the spam that would follow
RandomZebra
RandomZebra
13 posts
Nomad

I also reckon if someone has a certain amount of AP, say 1,000, they should have an option to choose their own Armatar. I'd like to have an Armatar that suits my username, and I'm sure many others would too.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I also reckon if someone has a certain amount of AP, say 1,000, they should have an option to choose their own Armatar. I'd like to have an Armatar that suits my username, and I'm sure many others would too.

There are multiple possible meanings, so I will reply to each meaning I see.

If you mean Custom Armatars, they are currently restricted to admins with no apparent AP requirement.

If you mean Choose your Armatar, you can always choose your armatar from a list that grows as you gain AP. When you reach 10,000 AP, you will have access to every armatar except for inactive seasonals and custom armatars created by admins.
GifNgga
GifNgga
26 posts
Farmer

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5362/aliciakeys1.gif

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

@GifNgga

Um...was that necessary?

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@GifNgga

Thanks for posting a gif. But guys how much bad would that do to the forums and stuff? ;P

drsparta92
drsparta92
1 posts
Nomad

Great idea I think it would also be a good idea to be able to upload your own Armatars as well as the presets

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

But guys how much bad would that do to the forums and stuff? ;P

Oh come on! We had you convinced! D=
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Not saying it is a bad idea but I hate forums that have gifs.

I mean seriously. Have you ever been on the EA FIFA forums? There's a gif as their avatar and about 20 in their signature. It doesn't lag at all but it looks bad and one of the reasons I like AG is because it looks so clean.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Could there be some way to have it be a gif on your profile but a normal jpeg or whatever in the forums?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I mean seriously. Have you ever been on the EA FIFA forums? There's a gif as their avatar and about 20 in their signature. It doesn't lag at all but it looks bad and one of the reasons I like AG is because it looks so clean.

Just have an option to turn off sigs.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Kongregate allows gif avatars, not many people use them, but the ones I see aren't annoying. With how small armatars are displayed in the forum, I don't see it being distracting/annoying.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Kongregate allows gif avatars, not many people use them, but the ones I see aren't annoying. With how small armatars are displayed in the forum, I don't see it being distracting/annoying

It's GhostofMatrix approved. And other people like it. What more can I ask? ^^
Showing 16-30 of 39