ForumsNews and FeedbackGIF Armatars

39 10266
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Is it possible that sometime in the future armatars could be GIFs? Anyone else like this idea?

• 39 Replies
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

In order to be able to use gif armatars, wouldn't we have to upload them ourselves or is this just a case of AG putting up gif armatars.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

In order to be able to use gif armatars, wouldn't we have to upload them ourselves or is this just a case of AG putting up gif armatars.

I'm thinking upload them yourself for people with the specified AP amount. and then ask a mod to approve of them.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I'm thinking upload them yourself for people with the specified AP amount. and then ask a mod to approve of them.

Would be hard to do, given the potentially thousands of people.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

They've currently said no to custom armatars, so I think what'll happen if this idea is approved is that they'll allow gifs in the armatar contests.
GifNgga
GifNgga
26 posts
Farmer

The idea sounds good..but If we're able to upload our own gifs,
there would be no point in having the Amatar tab.
Unless after a certain amount of AP you the to select a animated Amatar.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

The idea sounds good..but If we're able to upload our own gifs,
there would be no point in having the Amatar tab.
Unless after a certain amount of AP you the to select a animated Amatar.

I think having the armatars we have now then at a certain amount of points you can upload your own would be a good idea. The points system is changing, so we won't have to worry about spam. Maybe make it available once you reach 10k AP? I'm not sure if that's too high or not, but we can't tell for sure until they change the system.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Would be hard to do, given the potentially thousands of people.

That is why I proposed a certain AP amount... Or a "trusted" user as noted by mods/admins...
GifNgga
GifNgga
26 posts
Farmer

Only players with 5 or more Merits should be able to have animated amatars.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Doesn't make sense since armatars and merits have zero correlation. Besides, merits may not exist in AG3.

Showing 31-39 of 39