ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 194)

1882 1233206
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

So... I had this random idea while taking a dump ^^
Battle of the Brands!
http://www.sensorysol.com.au/battleofthebrands/Images/header-glove.jpg

Anyways... here are the rules:
-One vote per person
-no spam
-suggestions on my profile ONLY

Okay here's the first one!

http://keithsawyer.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/apple-logo1.jpg
VS
http://www5.pcmag.com/media/images/355088-new-microsoft-logo.jpg

Or simply Apple vs Microsoft.

Voting starts NOW! I will allow two weeks since this contest is new.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm44/Cingris/Race%20Post/GoFlagForPost.jpg

-Dapro

• 1,882 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

There's nothing in common between these two stores.
Wallmart sells everyday stuff, cheap, and crappy as well.
Ikea sells ridiculously overpriced items.
I dislike both but Wallmart is unfortunately convenient.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

There's nothing in common between these two stores.

They're both multi-billion dollar retailers, they both use convenience as a selling point, you can find a very wide variety of merchandise in a single store, you can find them all over the world, most of them are painted blue...

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Walmart because at my age I don't need to buy furniture or whatever the heck Ikea sells, but Walmart is always convenient for whenever I need something for cheap.

My vote goes to Walmart.

Im_a_gamer
Im_a_gamer
135 posts
Jester

There's no IKEA on my country, ;-; My vote goes to Walmart

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Ikea by default, as Walmart is really unethical. IKEA has had it's own share of gaffes, but not on the same level.

Ikea sells ridiculously overpriced items.

I'm not entirely sure what IKEA is like in the US, but it's very cheap in the UK.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

IKEA, no doubt.

*title thingy*

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

IKEA because Walmart basically sucks. And there are massive numbers of creepers who go to Walmart.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

IKEA does try very hard to make sure they have what you're looking for, and that's what I've always loved about them. That, and you don't have to leave the store to eat lunch.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

There's an IKEA about three hours away from my house. Last time I went to one was about 3-5 years ago, but I remember being bored out of my skull, and when I stopped for six seconds to look at a soft couch my family abandoned me, so after looking around and getting more and more desperate, I gave up, went into the kids' section, and found a nice chair to go to sleep on. I was woken up about five minutes later by some noisy little kids, though. I decided that sleeping was not a good idea because I might get kidnapped, so I went to the restaurant section and bought something that had to do with cheesecake. It was around that time that my mom appeared, politely dragged me out of the store, and then screamed at me for the entire drive back. The cheesecake thing was good, though.

And that's my only experience with IKEA. It wasn't completely bad, though, and it's classier than Walmart, so I guess my vote goes there...

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I've never been to Ikea, so voting for Walmart.

Also, birthday post. Tally-ho and whatnot.

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

IKEA. Walmart's a lotmore run-of-the-mill, for milk and such, but IKEA can practically fill your entire house, and the design of the nearest IKEA building always fascinated me.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Wal-mart is a terrible, stinky place that I have rarely stepped into in order to avoid the scum-of-the-earth that seem to reside there. I can't see why someone would consider voting for it.

Ikea, on the other hand, is clean and happy place. The kind of place where getting lost is an enjoyable adventure, rather than a dangerous peril that makes one fear for their life. I have glad memories of the children's area and the ice cream. A day at Ikea used to be my only wish. Better yet, are the quality meatballs. With a delicate taste and a hearty texture, they surpass even the hot dogs of Costco.

I could go on and on but I think I'll stop here. Ikea is obviously the superior store.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Walmart. Everyone hates on it but besides the ethical issues it isn't bad at all. People seem to think it is scummy but I have never been in one that felt that way. Also I don't know where the nearest IKEA would be. So Walmart is more convenient.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I've never been in an Ikea and I don't know of one in my area.

Walmart is my choice.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Is it quite fair to just vote for the opposite because you've never been in the other?

I'm voting for Ikea. Since walmart stinks, it has to be better.

Showing 1711-1725 of 1882