ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 194)

1882 1226731
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

So... I had this random idea while taking a dump ^^
Battle of the Brands!
http://www.sensorysol.com.au/battleofthebrands/Images/header-glove.jpg

Anyways... here are the rules:
-One vote per person
-no spam
-suggestions on my profile ONLY

Okay here's the first one!

http://keithsawyer.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/apple-logo1.jpg
VS
http://www5.pcmag.com/media/images/355088-new-microsoft-logo.jpg

Or simply Apple vs Microsoft.

Voting starts NOW! I will allow two weeks since this contest is new.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm44/Cingris/Race%20Post/GoFlagForPost.jpg

-Dapro

• 1,882 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Ugh. Fine FIFA world cup. Did I actually have to say that? I said real football is much better.

Did you even read my post? We are not here to vote on which sport is better, but rather which sporting event is better. If you don't specifically state which you're voting for, a vote will not be counted.

Can't exactly say it's one of the most prominent sporting events in the world.

To quote from Wikipedia:

"The Super Bowl is also among the most-watched sporting events in the world, almost all being North American audiences, and is second to association footballâs UEFA Champions League final as the most watched annual sporting event worldwide."

It's a major sporting event for the world despite the fact that it is an American sport.

American football to me is just boring, I've never been able to watch a full game of it and, to be honest, I'm not too familiar with the rules.

You're unfamiliar with the game, so that automatically makes it inferior to soccer/football? If you want that to be your primary reason that's all good, but it's not really fair to pass judgement on a game without actually knowing about it.

i dunno about american football, might just aswell be the same there but whitout my knowlets and atleast on a smaller scale. (because it's a smaller sport)

Fights don't occur too often at NFL games. Watching the Super Bowl isn't near as frustrating as watching the World cup (that applies to the NFL and soccer in general.)

This round of Battle of the Brands has ended! I must say that this one generated way more discussion then the other recent ones have.

Final count:

FIFA: 6

Super Bowl: 5 (Thanks Sal. We could have tied this one up, but you didn't specifically say the Super Bowl.)

FIFA wins!

Now for the next battle... Which I'm still working on. I'll have it posted in a couple hours.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

It's a major sporting event for the world despite the fact that it is an American sport.

It's a major sporting event....for North America. It's not for the rest of the world. It's mostly people in that continent who watch it. So is it global? Nope.
mybrand24
mybrand24
41 posts
Nomad

Apple

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Wrong battle there, mybrand24

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

It's a major sporting event....for North America. It's not for the rest of the world. It's mostly people in that continent who watch it. So is it global? Nope.

Still watched internationally. You do realize that only the developed countries can watch the FIFA world cup right? It's not really that much bigger when you consider it.

Battle is delayed till tomorrow! I was busy working today.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Still watched internationally. You do realize that only the developed countries can watch the FIFA world cup right? It's not really that much bigger when you consider it.

The WC was shown in almost all nations worldwide. The Superbowl has a viewership of around 170 million, the WC last had a viewership of more than 600 million.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

The WC was shown in almost all nations worldwide. The Superbowl has a viewership of around 170 million, the WC last had a viewership of more than 600 million.

*Divides 600 million over 30 days* That's 20 million a day on average. The Super Bowl has 170 million for just a few hours.

(Previous battle has ended, so all discussion must be taken to user profiles to avoid confusion with the new battle.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Battle:

Hewlett-Packard:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/29/HP_New_Logo_2D.svg/500px-HP_New_Logo_2D.svg.png

Vs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/48/Dell_Logo.svg/500px-Dell_Logo.svg.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle ends in 5 days! (Oh yeah, one vote for HP. Much better support, good products, and my cheap computer is still running strong!)
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

HP. Alot of trust there. And Juno was alot more worse on a DELL.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

*Divides 600 million over 30 days* That's 20 million a day on average. The Super Bowl has 170 million for just a few hours.

(Previous battle has ended, so all discussion must be taken to user profiles to avoid confusion with the new battle.)

''Unsurprisingly the competitionâs most-watched match was the final between Spain and the Netherlands, which reached 619.7 million in-home viewers.''

I vote HP, because the computers I've always been using, and hence trusting, are made by HP.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

''Unsurprisingly the competitionâs most-watched match was the final between Spain and the Netherlands, which reached 619.7 million in-home viewers.''

Did you not notice that I requested any further discussion be taken to profiles?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Did you not notice that I requested any further discussion be taken to profiles?

No I didn't, nor do I see the need to, given the large symbols of computer companies that adorn half the page.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

No I didn't, nor do I see the need to

Look, Dapro turned over control of the thread to me. I expect you to at least be courteous enough to abide by any guidelines I set, even if you don't agree with them.

given the large symbols of computer companies that adorn half the page.

Don't blame it on them that you were failing to read my post, especially since they are before the logos.
Shane240199
Shane240199
4 posts
Nomad

I would make a comment on your latest statements xeano, but, apparently I'm not allowed according to you.
Can't even reply to statements on the last page of a thread.
Looks like someone has a power craving.

Anyhow; I vote for HP, I've used more computers from them, and they seem like they're more durable.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

HP, because they've lasted longer than my Dell products. Yup, I vote for HP.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

No I didn't, nor do I see the need to

Look, Dapro turned over control of the thread to me. I expect you to at least be courteous enough to abide by any guidelines I set, even if you don't agree with them.

given the large symbols of computer companies that adorn half the page.

Don't blame it on them that you were failing to read my post, especially since they are before the logos.

I follow the rules of the Forum, and tweak them to where I deem them to be applicable. I don't just follow any user laid down rule.

My old schools have always used Dell computers, old, sturdy, slow beasts of burden, hence my dislike of them.
Showing 796-810 of 1882