ForumsNews and Feedback[ANS] Subcategorys

6 3101
Jirobow
Jirobow
3 posts
Nomad

I've been in this forum for a short time, so i don't know if anyone sugest this and sorry if did.
Anyway what i'd like to see around here is new categorys of the games, something like sub-catagories would do that, and i'd also like to have a 'Subscribing' system in such categories or/and on authors.
And so, when a new game comes by you would get advised somehow by the A.G.

• 6 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

something like sub-catagories would do that

What exactly would these sub-catagories be of? The categories here now seem to work just fine

And so, when a new game comes by you would get advised somehow by the A.G.

You can do that just by paying attention honestly...AG doesn't get a lot of new games that often
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Sub-categories could be a good idea, but the best way to sort them would be for users to be able to add tags to the game.

when a new game comes by you would get advised somehow by the A.G.

You can just click the "All" section and then sort it by date and see which games are the newest.
Jirobow
Jirobow
3 posts
Nomad

What exactly would these sub-catagories be of?

I don't really know, but i think something like "Point-and-click, Shooting, Race and so on." It doesn't need to be those that i mentioned, but that just an ideia.

The categories here now seem to work just fine

Yes, indeed, it does work fine, but i'm just suggesting that i would enjoy more with those subcategories.

You can just click the "All" section and then sort it by date and see which games are the newest

I see your point, but i think that an notification system would make our lives pretty easier, i mean, i would enjoy only seeing games that 'fit' in my gamer-profile. Some system that would, for exemple, tag in my profile the categories (or subcategories) of the games that i added to favorites, and so when you log in you would have a quick 'feedback' of those games that 'fit' in your profile.

the best way to sort them would be for users to be able to add tags to the game.

Pretty good ideia, some other game-sites use that kinda system, A.G. could think about it too.

Sorry for the bad english.
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

..., Shooting, ...

This category still exist, take a look at the green bar on the top of the page 5th one from the left.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

First, welcome to the ArmorGames community forum jirobow! =)

As for your suggestion... There's no need to divide the current categories into even more sub-categories. This would make things confusing and unable to quickly navigate. Right now, they have Game Tags for that and even though they are not very worked out yet, I'm pretty sure they will be in the future with the new website coming! Just need to wait for it a bit... it's a work in progress!

Jirobow
Jirobow
3 posts
Nomad

Well, since something like that IS coming, i guess all we have to do is wait, right?
I hope everything goes all right and that we may enjoy the new website, i know it won't be an easy thing to do.
Thank you, MrDayCee, i'm having a good time around here =).
And i aprecciate the help and the answers, sorry for bad english again.

Showing 1-6 of 6