ForumsThe Taverntwitter vs facebook

34 9071
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

So i dunno if this is the right forum and i dunno if there already exsists a thread like this and my memory is so bad that i forgot if i was or wasnt allowed to put vs threads in the tavern (i renember that vs threads were not allowed in video games section) soo yeah, please remind me if im doing something wrong. So as we ALL know twitter AND facebook, i would love to hear, which one do YOU like better? Let me make some points.

Twitter:
Good things: tweeting, following, drafts, picture edit, chat

Bad things: cant add people

Facebook:

I'm not using this very often (because i love twitter), so tell me what are the good and bad parts of facebook.

So you get my idea, two very popular sites, which one do you like and what new things can you tell about it?

-Jeff

• 34 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Both, but I'm more on Twitter now, and I'm certain it's going to be outdated by next year and I'll move on to the next thing, just as I have with MSN, Friendster and Myspace.

Facebook for those filler games, and because almost everyone has it. Twitter for following interesting famous people and clubs.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Can't I just hate them both?

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I don't care, really. I don't use either and don't really want to right now.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I have never used twitter and I don't really know enough about it to say I dislike it, I just have never had any interest in it. Facebook works for me because I have a lot of friends that do not live particularly close to me so I can see what is going on with them and socialize with them more than I can in real life.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

The two social media sites are not comparable. Twitter is for people who want to be updated with what other people are thinking and doing. Facebook is for people who want to connect and chat with their close friends.

That being said, I prefer Facebook.

BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

twitter, because if you dont wanna see someones posts tthen you can unfollow them

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

twitter, because if you dont wanna see someones posts tthen you can unfollow them

You can unfriend or block someone on Facebook to not see their post =P.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I don't have either. Both seem... Boring. Not really many of my friends use it either.
I have my mind set on instagram =P
Also if I had to choose if say Facebook. I've seen my dad use and... But twitter just looks like it sucks lol.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Im mostly using twitter cuz alot of my real life friends are using it. And facebook has so much stuff, it took me about 2 minutes until i found the 'log out button'. So i also like twitter because it doesnt have too much stuff unlike facebook. Twitter doesnt have too much options which makes it easier to use. Also twitter has a mobile version. So yeah, also when someone sends me a request, and i add him, i dont get where do i have a list and have i really friended him. Facebook is very complicated, twitter is simple.

-Jeff

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

I prefer Facebook, its more organized and tidy to me.

I kinda feel that Twitter is kinda messy and I personally don't like the interface...

Anyways, I used to like the old Facebook until they switched to timeline and now do not allow a place where you can chat with a group and have to invite everybody in the group just to ask the group questions...

fireangle
fireangle
176 posts
Nomad

here's the rules for the Tavern. I think you maybe breaking a rule I'm not sure.

As for the question I prefer Facebook mainly because Twitter makes you say it in a certian amount letters.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

It's not breaking a rule. It's a legit ''versus'' question.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I only Like facebook because every now and then they have a decent game to play other than that I don't want either

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Don't use much of either, but I used to use Facebook a lot. Have about 200 friends on there, I only regularly talk to about 10-20 of them. The others I've met once or a few times. I haven't used it as a place to talk for a few months, I occasionally hop on to check statuses, but that's it.

In my opinion Twitter looks neater, but I can't be bothered using it. I also doubt my friends have one.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Correct me if I'm wrong, since I've never used it, but Twitter seems like a stripped version of Facebook. It looks like it's just an aggregate of written statuses. I guess its one advantage over Facebook is that, since it's so stripped down, celebrities are more inclined to use it to post **** about their daily lives and possibly communicate with fans. Facebook can do the same thing, but I guess Twitter is more suitable for that purpose. Also, since there is such a focus on statuses, Twitter seems to be the more convenient platform for posting witticisms, especially given ease to retweet things.

But I have nothing interesting to say to the world, and I don't particularly care for famous people, so I stick with Facebook. It's almost necessary to keep up with the cultures and happenings back home and in college.

Showing 16-30 of 34