ForumsThe TavernIP address

6 8342
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

So, could someone tell me how to change my IP address or give me a link to a ip address changer? Thanks.

• 6 Replies
Nightfang21
Nightfang21
117 posts
Nomad

I don't think you can. I think you need to buy a whole new router in order for it to be changed. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

spinmove
spinmove
25 posts
Nomad

To actually change your IP address you need to contact your internet service provider (ISP) and request a change. However, you can disguise yoru IP using a proxy server. Just google free proxy and use one of the sites.

StDrake
StDrake
194 posts
Lord

"Expert" answer:
There are two general ways of having an IP address: static and dynamic. Most probably you have a dynamic address assigned to you automatically by your internet provider. In that case changing your IP can be done in two ways - don't connect to the internet for some time and guess when your current address gets recycled to someone else, then the automaton will give you a different one when you connect again, or just ask your provider to assign you a differnt one, which he'll most probably refuse. More chances if your ISP assigns constant addresses.

You could of course try to change your system settings to use a chosen, constant address, but it will most probably get into a fight with your providers infrastructure and refuse to connect to the internet. With that sort of question I assume you're using Windows (linux users tend to know things better and mac users are used to not having a choice ;P) so you need to go into your 'network connections' panel, right click your active connection, go into properties, select TCP/IP (most probably v4 is still used above v6, the irony) go into its properties..and you should see things clear from there.

Or use a proxy. That won't change your address, but'll appear to the untrained "eye" with the proxy servers IP instead. Like spin said.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Everytime you reset your router it will change unless you have a made your ip static or atleast it does for me.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I thought you were gonna ask us for our IP addresses! xD Anyway, I'm really not sure. Go with their answers. ^

MiraculousLegend
MiraculousLegend
1 posts
Nomad

How do you find you server number?

Showing 1-6 of 6