ForumsThe TavernSwearing/Cursing Unnecessary or expressive?

84 20600
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Slow past couple of days. No Sal, pang, Ernie and GOH. I guess I'll make a topic to try and spark some conversation. It probably won't work.

As you probably have found out AG does not allow you to swear and it blocks out the words in replace with asterisks. Although this might be what AG is trying to do you can bypass this very easily.

Anyway, what is your opinion? Do you think AG and grow up? Most 12 year olds see more swearing at school than they would if swearing was unblocked on a forum, is there really a point? On the other hand though swearing is just unnecessary and it might be best to get away from it as much as possible.

I personally think swearing is unnecessary but I believe it shouldn't be blocked.

• 84 Replies
JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

I think swearing can be expressive to people. I don't care if people swear but it bothers me if they use the f-bomb in every sentence. I just can't swear though. Every time I say something I regret it so much and I feel terrible. Even if I say hell or crap. It's bothering me right now as I'm typing it!

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

who brought this dinosaur forum back?
(it isnt that dino but really?)
is xavierthe9.

my post is only like for from the botom but i guess i should say it again

expressive

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

unnecessary and expressive, people sometimes really mean it when they r angry, but other times it's just a "bad word", that people think is fun to say

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

Swearing is the action describing that you have too limited of a vocabulary to express yourself in a different way.
So I think its unnecessary.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I mean, it's helpful when you're frusturated/angry/want to insult someone/etc, but unlike my friend Sarah, who loves the f word and injects it into every other sentence, most of the swearing I do is at my sister being a baka and pissing me off, or in my head at idiots or people I don't like, and most of the words I know are in random other languages.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Swearing is the action describing that you have too limited of a vocabulary to express yourself in a different way.

I'd rather not go through this again..if you wouldn't mind. Reading the thread would be a great way to see how this isn't necessarily so
hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

I'd rather not go through this again..if you wouldn't mind. Reading the thread would be a great way to see how this isn't necessarily so

Will do, and I know there can be exceptions.... to some degree. Like if you are hammering something and you hit your hand, you might scream some profanity, which I guess is normal. Also, I don't think that people should be restricted from saying what they want...That takes away the freedom of speech.
But if you are cussing just to cuss.... Well, im not exactly for that, especially when there are tons of other word options that could work better (and perhaps be less offensive)
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

I say to make jokes funnier cuz sometimes crap orpoop just arent funny and other tmes its hard to think of funny words you could use instead like dingleberry

Showing 76-83 of 84