ForumsPopular MediaDoctor Who...

197 101246
JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

Yup Doctor Who!Ever heard of it?Seen it?Well if you haven't it's this pretty awesome show on BBC America.If you have seen it tell me your thoughts about it.

• 197 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Didn't the River lend him some regeneration energy one episode? And I thought that the Doctor would have a few different faces before his inevitable end - you certainly would know about that.
She used ALL of her regenerations to cure the poison that she gave him that was killing him.

So no extra regenerations there.

~~~Darth Caedus
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

it's 14 doctors if you count john hert and the moive stuff thats sets before the first doctor. yet i think the main doctors only count.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

That is how I feel too Pancake. All shows must come to an end at some point. Sadly more often then not shows stay on too long and get old and boring. So let's pretend Doctor Who had only a few seasons left. What would you want to see happen and what would you want the final episode to be like?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Weeping Angels; they were in so many episodes
lolwut?

they had 3 episodes, spread out across 6 seasons.

If Peter Capaldi is actually the 13th incarnation, not the 12th, (haven't *actually* seen The Name of the Doctor yet) his Doctor should gradually sink into near-despair over the course of Series 8-9, maybe 10, as was hinted at with Eleven in the latter half of Series 7. I'd want the writers to actually SHOW this every few episodes. But he'd hide it from Clara, and any subsequent companions. Then in the final series, the plot arc should go so that something very powerful is threatening the fabric of time and space, culminating in the Doctor *really* sacrificing himself to save everyone else. No tricking death with clever stuff. The Doctor dies a heroic, noble death befitting the whole show.
don't forget the valeyard is somewhere in there too.

we already know how the doctor dies, on a battlefield on the plains of trenzalore, in a small conflict.

~~~Darth Caedus
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I can't wait for the 12th Doctor. To me, Doctor Who should end after the 13th so it doesn't get stale.

>To me, Doctor Who should end after the 13th so it doesn't get stale.
>end after the 13th so it doesn't get stale.
>so it doesn't get stale.
>get stale
>stale

lel
Show has been around since like..what? The 60's? If it was to get stale..I would think it would take a little less than 50 years.
DeathPickaxe
DeathPickaxe
71 posts
Shepherd

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THE 11TH DOC IS LEAVING AND THE 12TH DOCTOR IS JUST EWWWWWWWWWWW!

(Not spam!)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THE 11TH DOC IS LEAVING AND THE 12TH DOCTOR IS JUST EWWWWWWWWWWW!

I don't even watch the show and I know how much you just failed.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

This is all I have to say.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/524374_535624756492220_713803353_n.jpg
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Show has been around since like..what? The 60's? If it was to get stale..I would think it would take a little less than 50 years.

50 years september 23, although that is including their little hiatus in the 80s to 2005.

~~~Darth Caedus
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Do you think Capaldi will be a good Doctor? I've only seen him in the Pompeii episode, so can't say much. If Moffat wastes the opportunity to explain why the Twelfth looks just like the dad of that family Ten saved from Pompeii, then lots of people on the interwebs will be angry.

It isn't the first time an actor/actress has been in multiple roles in the show (see Karen Gillian, who appeared in the same episode, and whoever played martha, in the army of ghosts episode as a torchwood tech.

~~~Darth Caedus
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Darth Caedus, who's your first and/or favorite Doctor? My first was Three, but my favorite is Ten.

1) just call me Jacen, or Darth, everyone else does.

2) I first got introduced to the show when the angels seize manhatten aired, with 4 other episodes (all 11th), but I tend to like Tennant better.

3) I have yet to watch classic who, probably will start soon

[s]4) never mention how my sister killed me (i'm serious, don't do it)[/s]

p.s. this is the first time I've been called Darth outside of areas that I use that as my username

~~~Darth Caedus
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Ten's seasons with Rose
Ugh, I hate Rose.

Ever since I noticed that weird thing with her lip and the way she talks I cannot stand her.

~~~Darth Caedus
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Well, if you hate Rose... how do you feel about the 50th anniversary special? Have you read up on it yet?

It has The Tenth Doctor and Clara, so that out weighs everything.

also it has aliens I haven't seen before.

~~~Darth Caedus
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

so many days till the new episodes come out...doctor, take me with you to some adventures!

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Let's hope all the mysteries surrounding Eleven's final season will be solved by the 50th anniversary, or the Christmas special. Then BRING ON PETER CAPALDI!!! WOOHOO!

that would be awesome.

i wonder if we will see john hurt as the doctor someday, revealing the true name of the doctor and then meeting his younger self. they could do that to end the show after the doctor ran out of reincarnations.
Showing 136-150 of 197