ForumsWEPR12 year old 'Responsible' for being *****

20 10256
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I have to wonder what is with this trend lately of trying to blame the **** victim for being *****?

"Defendants allege that Plaintiff was herself careless and negligent in and about the matters alleged in the complaint, and that said carelessness and negligence on said Plaintiffâs part proximately contributed to the happenings of the incident and to the injuries, loss and damages complained of, if any there were . . . .

[Alternatively, d]efendants allege that Plaintiff was herself responsible for the acts and damages of which she claims herein, and by reason thereof is estopped from obtaining any damages as result thereof.

Just in case this dry legal language is not clear, the school district claims that Cunnane was âherself responsibleâ for the fact that she was repeatedly sexually abused by her school teachers, beginning at age 12. Or, just in case a jury wonât buy that claim, that she was âcareless and negligentâ in the matter of her own ****.
"

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/11/05/1141331/school-district-claims-student-was-herself-responsible-for-being-*****/

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/03/school-district-calls-12-year-old-****-victim-negligent-and-careless-in-her-own-abuse/

• 20 Replies
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I thought this was one of those stories where a girl wants to be....you know...?
So she does something that makes a teacher want to do...you know? Then the teacher gets charged for...you know? By the person who claims got....you know?
But she looks like a normal kid. 1990s was a better generation than today's so she is pretty likely to be telling the truth. But the school is doing a bad job.

How is it her fault to get...you know? She doesn't look like a person who would bea slovenly or promiscuous girl. (Yes I looked it up).

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Messed up being normal is all there needs to be said.

BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

how is **** a bad word...

BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

still the idea that a child is responsible for themselves being abused is completely retarded

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

how is **** a bad word...

It's a PG site. So I suppose they want to keep it sanitized.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

But she looks like a normal kid. 1990s was a better generation than today's so she is pretty likely to be telling the truth. But the school is doing a bad job.

I can't remember if it was in the articles I posted but I read that she wasn't the only one coming out against this teacher for molestation.

But still what is up with this blame the victim? We saw a lot of this during the US elections with things like "Legitimate ****."

It's a PG site. So I suppose they want to keep it sanitized.

I question the censors on here about that word to be honest because raping. I've only seen the word used in appropriate context so I see no reason for it to be blocked. I also often forget that it is a word that get's blocked around here.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Its natural for s to think so. As humans.

Its much easiet to blame the target. How many timed yoi hearf the excuse of "she most have been ****y", "why she walked to that dark hally" "he is poor because he is lazy"?

Its our to say "to me it wont happen". It let you control your life by lie to yourself.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Those are just legal battles and their weapons and strategies.
We have a saying around here
"When the first lawyer was born, devil said "Look I am a father now""

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Lol hehehe good one

But think about it - laywers are very hardworking mans! they will lie for you, even if it mean they will maybe loss there job. They agree that there good name will be ruind forever, just to help there client. They agree to protect the weak and the one who everyone already decleared to be guilty.

This rapist have to have someone who will protect him. I mean, there are innocente peopels out there, maybe this case is one of them
[propebly not, but yet}

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

But think about it - laywers are very hardworking mans! they will lie for you, even if it mean they will maybe loss there job.

Hey hey, I'm planning on a legal career....
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

It's wrong to consider that the victim of such an assault has committed a crime. If a 12 year old is being 'rovocative' it is wrong for a teacher to take advantage of the situation.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Maybe the real question here is:
Was it a legitimate r.ape?

That aside, this news story just rings true of so many other r.ape situations I hear about. The person is accused of just regretting the consensual sex, or the person was 'asking for it', etc.. It's all just part of mentally ill, old white men abusing their seats of power for some reason lost on me.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

**** isn't a bad word, its a vegetable!

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

oh, and for my"real"response... the trend, if you will, is the result of sleazy lawyers manipulating a broken justice system to get lessened sentences and even acquittals by confusing dim witted jurors with preposterous dribble.

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

The sleazy lawyers are giving the profession a bad name. Getting justice in this world is difficult enough without those who use dishonest means to avoid it. The question of whether the woman is to blame has been well explored in the movies, eg, The Accused starring Jodie Foster, 1988.

Showing 1-15 of 20