ForumsGamesCrush the Castle vs Angry Birds

25 7110
JackMinnow
JackMinnow
29 posts
Blacksmith

So... has Rovio Mobile paid royalties to joeybetz or something or was the game public domain? While the physical game concept can't be copyrighted (defense games, Fighting games, FPS, RTS, etc), Angry Birds shamelessly copied every single game design and mechanic from Crush the Castle. Swap projectiles for birds, a catapult for a slingshot, and pigs for nobility. It makes me slightly indignant as a loyal and long time fan of CtC.

• 25 Replies
Wollmeck
Wollmeck
11 posts
Peasant

Srly ? I prefer Angry Birds...

ktang
ktang
13 posts
Farmer

i prefer Crush the Castle then Angry Birds

JackMinnow
JackMinnow
29 posts
Blacksmith

Err... My original intent wasn't to compare the concept of a "Knock the tower down" game in and of itself to Angry Birds, but merely Crush the Castle, as it was the first famous game to market the concept.

MalKeshar
MalKeshar
115 posts
Jester

I will ALWAYS support Crush the Castle. No better physics game has been created.

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

IT SUCKS, every person says it is so good but it really is overrated.

phatpastor
phatpastor
12 posts
Herald

rofl...I remember when people first started raving about 'birds...I was like "wow, sounds like a game I play called crush the castle".

I guess its because of the app that it got more popular than the original.

Volioze
Volioze
9 posts
Nomad

Crush the Castle all the way !
Angry birds stoled the idea, and he have a success because he is on smartphone, the flash games have invented all the smartphone games !

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

as it was the first famous game to market the concept.

missions in worms had the same concept. years befor crush the castle.

the flash games have invented all the smartphone games !

classic games (arcade / 8,16,32 and sometimes 64-bit) invented all flash games.
bob5442
bob5442
35 posts
Blacksmith

JuicyFruits said you can get Words with Friends on the iPod but you can also get Scrabble on an ipod

KaneShadow
KaneShadow
42 posts
Nomad

Apparently having a theme park wasn't enough, they're now going to make an Angry Birds movie...

I hate this world.

Showing 16-25 of 25