ForumsGamesGame of the year.

121 25249
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

This could be any game released this year, from spelunky to halo 4.

• 121 Replies
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I understand that they were better designed characters than claptrap, but it was the appeal he gave to the game. Also, what is your opinion on Handsome Jack, do you think he could have won? Because he was an excellently designed villain.

Handsome Jack, as a Villian, was a great character. Not great that I liked him, but great as a enemy because I really wanted to put a bullet between his eyes. Don't know if he deserved to win because I haven't seem all the nominees but I hated him in a good way.
Roxxar123
Roxxar123
61 posts
Farmer

The Walking Dead game, made by Telltale Games, won.

Well, I gotta say, it deserved it.

JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

I would say Halo 4 or Assassin's Creed 3. I LOVE halo 4!Black Ops 2 was kind of a disappointment to some people (including me).Zombies was terrible but I happened to like tranzit and I wasn't much of a fan of Nuketown 2025.I STILL have to get used to the maps and guns. AC3 is fun too but it gets really confusing....

Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

Handsome Jack, as a Villian, was a great character. Not great that I liked him, but great as a enemy because I really wanted to put a bullet between his eyes. Don't know if he deserved to win because I haven't seem all the nominees but I hated him in a good way.

You do know that Handsome Jack wore a mask? Because if that thing was bullet proof, I'd say it'd be pretty hard putting a bullet in between his eyes, lol. A side note, "Handsome Jack" is an anagram for "A Masked John." And also, I was kinda hoping Borderlands 2 would win, but I think The Walking Dead definitely deserved its place.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

The Walking Dead game, made by Telltale Games, won.

Well, I gotta say, it deserved it.

a zombie game? really? =/
just for that reason i have to disagree whit the winning title.
there is nothing original about zombies (except that flash game where you do experiments on zombies in a lab. xD )
letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

I would have to say fifa 13

KaiotakiBun
KaiotakiBun
36 posts
Nomad

It is probably Guild Wars 2.

Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

a zombie game? really? =/
just for that reason i have to disagree whit the winning title.
there is nothing original about zombies (except that flash game where you do experiments on zombies in a lab. xD )

You DO know that The Walking Dead actually isn't a typical zombie game, right?

Anyways, was I the only one surprised when Lorne Balfe made an unannounced appearance and combined the soundtracks for The Walking Dead, Mass Effect, Journey, Dishonored, and ACIII into one huge homage?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

The Walking Dead actually isn't a typical zombie game, right?

still a zombie game.
therefor not original.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

still a zombie game.
therefor not original.

All genres have been used, therefore by your logic no games are original. I'd rather judge a game based on gameplay than the genre, and The Walking Dead has amazing gameplay.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

zombies isn't a genre.
that you call it a genre proof to me that there are to much zombie games already.
i.e. nothing original.

and indeed most games are not original anymore. but there is a difference between a over used and over rated concept (zombies). and redoing something that is done.
it's like super mario wins the game of the year.... that over rated and over used aswell.
(mario on it's own also isn't a genre )

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

If you want to get technical, fine. Zombies is a sub-genre (search it up). The genre of that game is horror/action/adventure. Mario isn't a genre, it's the title and name of the character. The Mario games have tons of genres though.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

still a zombie game.
therefor not original.

Except for the fact that most zombie games are shooters, twin-stick, first person, or otherwise. Meanwhile, Walking Dead is a story-driven game that focuses more on human conflict, such as in Episode 2 of the game.
Roxxar123
Roxxar123
61 posts
Farmer

still a zombie game.
therefor not original.

Well, just because it's a zombie game, doesn't mean it's still good. If you hadn't noticed, The Walking Dead won the Game of the Year. There's a REASON that it won.

What game is actually original anyways?
siopi
siopi
3 posts
Nomad

I dont really have a game of the year for this year. Only bought Guild Wars 2 and I really like that, but.. :/ No nothing really sparks it up this year for me.

Showing 46-60 of 121