ForumsWEPRCauses of Crime

55 18190
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

I was wondering what you the gamers of AG think the cause of crime is?

• 55 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I dont see any other bits getting picked at,

some of it is so vague it's not good enough to even comment on.
this doesn't mean i agree whit it. just that your jumping from one conclusion into the other.
theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

...At least I tried to answer the thread, okay?

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

If not...then just one example that should shut your yapper. A man of the Bible...Hitler

@pangtongshu

Hate to break it to ya but ummmm... Hitler was not a Christian, he may have put on that mask for propaganda and to look good (sound like a president we know?) but he was by no means a bible follower

And say you donât even want to think about believing the bible if you have ever read it, it does not have bad advise! Look it says: donât murder, donât steal, donât sleep around (or you could get venereal diseases), donât lie, donât cheat people. is this by any mean BAD advice? i think if everybody did read the bibles laws and followed them the crime would be much, much lower.

ps. it would not completely stop crime by any means because the root cause for crime is human nature, have you ever seen a 2 year old baby make a mess on the couch or the floor and even when he is right in front of the huge mess that he made if you ask him if he made a mess he will look you straight in the face and say: nooo I didnât...
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

it does not have bad advise! Look it says: donât murder, donât steal, donât sleep around (or you could get venereal diseases), donât lie, donât cheat people. is this by any mean BAD advice?

Did you know that a bottle of poison has only healthy ingredients too? Water!

...You can't claim the Bible does not have bad advice by selectively picking and choosing what advice you want to follow from it. The Bible also tells people the following

-Women must marry their rapists
-Stone homosexuals
-Kill basically anyone with another belief system
-Allows slavery

and more.

i think if everybody did read the bibles laws and followed them the crime would be much, much lower.

How about we all just follow the laws in the first place? Crime would be lower then too. The Bible has nothing to do with Law.

if you ask him if he made a mess he will look you straight in the face and say: nooo I didnât...

That's because the child is scared of being punished, likely because of the tone of voice used when asked if they did it or not.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

So basically if one religion believed that killing is bad that there should be no law against murder?

No. The law against murder shouldn't be made because one religion says it's bad. This isn't a juvenile reverse psychology rebellion, it's the simple fact that religion should be irrelevant to law. We make laws for reasons, not because some religion says something is or is not okay. If religion agrees, great. If it doesn't, well, too bad.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

sound like a president we know?

obama has to act like he believes because the laws and public demand that the president should have the christian religion.
so it's not his choosing it's what is demanded of him.

No. The law against murder shouldn't be made because one religion says it's bad. This isn't a juvenile reverse psychology rebellion, it's the simple fact that religion should be irrelevant to law. We make laws for reasons, not because some religion says something is or is not okay. If religion agrees, great. If it doesn't, well, too bad.

i would say "religion is irrelevant to law"
anyway... thx for hitting my mark.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

i would say "religion is irrelevant to law"

Currently, it's not though. Religion has a moderate influence on law in the US. Other countries have much heavier influence on their laws from religion too. Hence why I said should.

public demand that the president should have the christian religion.

This is another example. Lawmakers/Politicians get voted for in part because of their religion. It shouldn't have anything to do with the vote, but it does. Also, obviously, those who believe in a certain religion are going to try and push their religion's values into law and try and limit what their religion says they should (to some extent).
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Currently, it's not though. Religion has a moderate influence on law in the US. Other countries have much heavier influence on their laws from religion too. Hence why I said should.

yea your right. i was thinking only about my own country when i wrote that.

This is another example.

spread logic, spread atheism. 1 day it will change.
wontgetmycatnip
wontgetmycatnip
95 posts
Peasant

Crime is caused by the insidious homosexual conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Hate to break it to ya but ummmm... Hitler was not a Christian, he may have put on that mask for propaganda and to look good (sound like a president we know?) but he was by no means a bible follower

Hate to break it to ya...but Hitler was Christian. He didn't use it as a mask either...he was Christian. Mein Kampf has many references to god...and he made many of his soldiers/officers where pins/emblems representing god/Christian faith
Why don't you take a look-see?

Crime is caused by the insidious homosexual conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids.

...please tell me you are jokin
Showing 46-55 of 55