ForumsThe TavernWhat is your favorite language?

28 5233
dr_doughnut
dr_doughnut
72 posts
Nomad

What is your favorite language? I know a lot of people are going to say the first language they learned, but my favorite is Chinese and I first spoke English. I think Chinese sounds cool.

• 28 Replies
KaneShadow
KaneShadow
42 posts
Nomad

Russian! ÐÐ¾Ð¼ÐµÑ Ð¾Ð´Ð¸Ð½, Broski!

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Actually I like Russian for some reason.

Russian is awesome. I love the way it sounds... I was thinking about learning it, but then I realized that I would never get the chance to use it.
MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

æ-¥æ¬èª, or Japanese, as it is called in English. I just love it. I also love English, seeing as I can actually speak it and I know little Japanese.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Mine was the first one I've learned which was sign language but it's not because it's my first language, it's because it's the only way I can talk to my deaf mom, other than writing on a paper.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I'v always been interested in German. To the untrained ear, everything in German tends to sound like you're saying it in an angry tone of voice. German is also extremely similar to english, so even though I haven't learned much I can kind of get a sense of what they're talking about.

InsertHaikuHere
InsertHaikuHere
12 posts
Nomad

German you constantly sound angry. GUTAN TAG, MEIN FREUND.WIE GEHT ES DIR?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

German you constantly sound angry. GUTAN TAG, MEIN FREUND.WIE GEHT ES DIR?

You need to listen to some more German then...it can also sound extremely calming and relaxing
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I like Swahili and Maori. They both just looks/sound so interesting to me. I will learn them both someday.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

My favorite language, well based on the sound I think french or one of the other Romance Languages (Spanish, English, Italian and French). Based on usefulness I would say, hands down, Mandarin. This is based on the fact that America does so much trade with China and it has so many speakers. Based on flexibility, I would say English; because there is so much you can do with it in writing and speaking. Though, that is the thing that makes it such a pain for people to learn.

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

Adolf Hitler gives German a bad reputation. Beethovens 9th symphony with the choir in the last movement, the Ode to Joy, might redress the balance, or Lili Marlene or Mack the Knife sung in German.

collimore
collimore
45 posts
Peasant

There's a German exchange student at my school and I love listening to her talk. German is such a cool sounding language but I enjoy speaking French.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I think Italian sounds the coolest, Japanese sounds funny to me, and Indian languages sound the most spiritual to me.

feedback123
feedback123
13 posts
Nomad

Malay is the best becos it is lingua Franca, 2nd come Iban, 3rd kadazandusun, follow my Melanau Penan Indonesia.... a lot more and finally the English and Chinese

Showing 16-28 of 28